Hardware price list/spec sheet

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I had been to Chandni Chowk Kolkata for a recce....

Got the following quotes from Vedant (add 4% VAT to all)

CPUs

Core i7 930 12.9k
Core i7 950 13.3k
Core i7 870 13.2k
Core i5 760 9.2k

Mobos

ASUS X58 Sabretooth 12.5k

Gigabyte P55A UD3R 9k

RAM

Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4GB kit 3.2k
Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 6GB kit 4.8k

Raptor1989

Broken In
Its a 21.5" lcd. Wont i hav any any prob using it with a 9600gt to play hi gfx games. I dont want to change my hfx card for another 2 yrs. So plz suggest.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ look at post No. 3033.

From samsung your alternatives are 2233SW, B2230, T220.

I had been to Chandni Chowk Kolkata for a recce....

Got the following quotes from Vedant (add 4% VAT to all)

CPUs

Core i7 930 12.9k
Core i7 950 13.3k
Core i7 870 13.2k
Core i5 760 9.2k

Mobos

ASUS X58 Sabretooth 12.5k

Gigabyte P55A UD3R 9k

RAM

Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4GB kit 3.2k
Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 6GB kit 4.8k

Added into price list.

racdoy

Right off the assembly line
tejaslok, the pricing seems alright. I ordered an 8GB DDR3-1600 XMS3 from Golcha IT, Bangalore and they charged me 6.3K (incl taxes).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ did you buy a single 8GB module or you bought some 8GB kit.

BTW, Corsair 1600 Mhz 4GB DDr3 module is available @ 3.4k.

seems like Ram prices are going down again day by day.

tejaslok

Journeyman
tejaslok, the pricing seems alright. I ordered an 8GB DDR3-1600 XMS3 from Golcha IT, Bangalore and they charged me 6.3K (incl taxes).

wow, i never tought RAM prices would fall this early i.e i recently bought a 4 GB kit for 4.5k anyways i think DDR2 module is priced high now than DDR3 ! :???:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Added into price list.

@ All See here

1. *img403.imageshack.us/img403/2893/pric1m.th.png

2. *img692.imageshack.us/img692/2527/pric2m.th.png

3. *img593.imageshack.us/img593/1771/pic3m1.th.png

4. *img571.imageshack.us/img571/4236/42555611.th.png

So, Nitin Bhuwania got credited for the price updates, but I didnt.

Hmmmm...I dnt knw wat happened,but it seems that 'topgear' was the user who updated the prices instead of 'mukherjee'. It sure is the other way round. This is frustrating.

Please do the needful. Just put the credit where its due.

Can anybody redress my grievance?

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
@ All See here

Hmmmm...I dnt knw wat happened,but it seems that 'topgear' was the user who updated the prices instead of 'mukherjee'. It sure is the other way round. This is frustrating.

I think the Updater is supposed to be a Mod , they take responsibility for changing the values there.

Although everyone here is sincerely thankful to you for updating us with current prices , there are actually a lot of active users who do it every other day ,
the Thread " Post your latest Purchase " is filled with it , surely everyone cannot be accomodated as the updater in the price list. No one is taking any due credit from you , see how many thanks you got.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I think the Updater is supposed to be a Mod , they take responsibility for changing the values there.

Although everyone here is sincerely thankful to you for updating us with current prices , there are actually a lot of active users who do it every other day ,
the Thread " Post your latest Purchase " is filled with it , surely everyone cannot be accomodated as the updater in the price list. No one is taking any due credit from you , see how many thanks you got.

So u intend to say Nitin Bhuwania is a mod?
I dont buy it.
See the pics 1 and 2 and 4,and notice that the date Nitin updated the price online,the same date appeared in the chart.
However,I put in the updates on 10th December,but the chart says topgear updated it on 11th December.

I hope I got my point across.

P.S.- I hope the "Lastest price updated/City/Member" point the charts points to my right to have mukherjee there instead of topgear,isnt it? Does it say "Mod"??

If u follow the charts closely,u will notice that not every member who posted price updates,is a mod!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I think the Updater is supposed to be a Mod.
Not necessarily but they need to be authorized to be contributors. They are handled by 14 trusted people from 3 forums. They are senior members who have spent a lot of leisure time and taken care to give the best help to fellow members as much as they can for years and most of them don't care about credits. You also have to understand that this ain't our day jobs and most of us are students or have job/business to attend to. That's the reason why Price update forum is given. At the end of the day, the prices here are for reference purposes to give you a good idea. Dealers change prices on a daily/weekly/monthly basis because its their source of income- not ours. Its obvious there will be a significant amount of time of update.
Ofcourse we will not allow dealers to be a contributor as they will have the tendency to use it for their own benefit.

Topgear's name is mentioned because he is the one who did the needful and updated it- its as simple as that. Any more doubts I need to clear as far as credits (lol no1 is getting anything out of it. Its just there to keep the track of things.)??

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Not necessarily but they need to be authorized to be contributors. They are handled by 14 trusted people from 3 forums. They are senior members who have spent a lot of leisure time and taken care to give the best help to fellow members as much as they can for years and most of them don't care about credits. You also have to understand that this ain't our day jobs and most of us are students or have job/business to attend to. That's the reason why Price update forum is given. At the end of the day, the prices here are for reference purposes to give you a good idea. Dealers change prices on a daily/weekly/monthly basis because its their source of income- not ours. Its obvious there will be a significant amount of time of update.
Ofcourse we will not allow dealers to be a contributor as they will have the tendency to use it for their own benefit.

Topgear's name is mentioned because he is the one who did the needful and updated it- its as simple as that. Any more doubts I need to clear as far as credits (lol no1 is getting anything out of it. Its just there to keep the track of things.)??

Hmmm. that puts things in a new light.
But still,that doesnt answer the things that I put forward. Someone gets his name mentioned,and someone doesnt,though both put in updates. Why?

Afterall,its all in a name!!!(Ask the politicians!!!! ) :D :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but we ain't politicians buddy !!! :p we are just contributors and collaborators who spend our time for the sake of the community not for any kind of profit or fame.

To be honest I've not looked at the price update form - I usually copy and paste all the prices I get through forum posts/websites/different sources in a text file and post them when I can get some time to update the hardware price sheet

it's really hard for me to remember who have posted what price and this will slow down the entire process and waste my time.

back in the days when only comp@ddict was updating this forum post with prices nobody asked for name credits. Do you really thing it was possible for him to mention every members name who have posted what price on the thread starting page. So nobody asked for such small things like their own user name to be listed on the front page.

now Nitin got his name mentioned on the price list and you have not - is it really a big deal you should care ?

We are always thankful to the user who posts the prices on forums and that's why I've thanked you for the prices.

Same user with same or different user name can exists on several forum. So if two forum has two different people with same user name it will be really hard to decide who have posted the a particular price of a product by just looking at the name the price list.

Say two forum 1 and Forum 2 has user named A but they are different people B and C.
B is known as A on F1 and C is known as A on F2. Now B has posted a price on F1 but C is claiming that the price is posted by him on F1.

Now the price updater name is mentioned on the price list as A - now just looking at the price list can a user ( say XYZ ) really tell who have actually posted the price ?

It will create a lot of confusion on the general user who just want to know a price and if B and C is the meber of F2 and F1 respectively they will sure start a fight for name fame.

Now I've a suggestion - ( Sorcerer you are the one who can make it happen it by telling all the collaborators )

So I think collaborators names should be mentioned only as they are the people who have the main responsibility about the price list.

Collaborators names are clearly mentioned on the hardware price list and they are only a few and it's clearly mentioned from which forum they are. So It will keep every thing simple, will not create any kind of confusion and will not create a dispute about name credit.

Last edited:

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
@Mukherjee, dude, I updated the details. The reason you don't see your name is because all the prices you submitted were up to date with the list prices(thanks topgear).I checked in your update the next day & by that time topgear had already updated the prcies. But what Nitin submitted was a cheaper/newer (on primeagb) price. Hence he's mentioned.
There's really no reason to get mad :D . I sincerely thank you for showing effort in trying to help towards this project & I'm sure everyone feels obliged. I hope this clears things up. Cheers.

Last edited:

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
@ All See here

1. *img403.imageshack.us/img403/2893/pric1m.th.png

2. *img692.imageshack.us/img692/2527/pric2m.th.png

3. *img593.imageshack.us/img593/1771/pic3m1.th.png

4. *img571.imageshack.us/img571/4236/42555611.th.png

Dude dont get so restless...There's nothing like that if your name appears on the list you get a special gift or anything like that..This forum is just meant for helping others and not to get publicity..
You know you are acting like a child crying over a silly thing..chill dude..
I dont have a craze to get my name published everywhere..:razz:

I can just request the moderators to replace my name with his coz he is here just for publicity(which can be understood by his earlier replies) and behaving in manner similar to a child..lol. :smile:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, need the price of 4 GB kingston 1333 MHz DDR3 ram price in Kolkata. Also the price of 2 GB ones too. If anyone is having it please help me here.

Top Bottom