Hardware price list/spec sheet

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
tkin same sentiments as you ,who will buy a gbp 499 - 619 mobo.
fit for a $2500 enthu build.

ishu - gbp rate ko convert karna or phir use double karna phir pata chalega inr price lol.

btw 6970 and 6950 comng on dec 15 and 570 is just too good cheers

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX 570 is already available on newegg - price range is between $349-$369.

BTW, any idea about the pricing of HD6970 & HD6950.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Just my 2 cents advice to people who advice others. Just don't advice people by pairing a board with 4+1 power phase and with a 125w processor. Do you really think a board with a 4 pin atx power connector can supply that much power without stressting it? Even if the brands+ magazines+ some brilliant reviewer+ some advisors who recommend for name sake say it will work, its just going to stress the phase and the mosfets, eventually putting load on the processor's voltage supply. The board will be the least of your concerns as it will burn the processor as well.

A prime example from overclock.net:
*img228.imageshack.us/img228/7205/igp51696980900.th.jpg

*img6.imageshack.us/img6/5314/igp51706988347.th.jpg

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/4681/igp51676992451.th.jpg

------
This is exactly the reason why some advisors need to stop recommending just by cramping hardware within a price for the sake of it. Its the people's money that is getting wasted because of such advices and you obviously will blame it on something else because you obviously don't know how things work. Take extra care and do a proper research before blabbing about it.

For everyone's knowledge the board is MSI 890GXM-G65 but this applies for any board with 4+1 power phase put up in a ridiculous manner and supposedly "compatible" with 125w processors. I told to some people not to make such pairs, but sadly people just won't listen.
-----
What's the difference between 4+1? and 8+1? An overclocker names chew* puts it out in layman's terms:
Chew*@XS said:
8 +_ phase when implemented correctly requires less power to acchieve clocks,its cleaner power, it's not as stressfull on PSU, and is considered to have a longer longevity. I might add there are very few true 8 phase designs. Most are split 4 + 4.

4 +_ works, if properly implemented and kept cool, if not it will eventually blow up when pushed hard.
4/8 phase is made specifically for CPU voltage. +1/2/3/4/whatever is made for the memory so unless you overclock rams, it doesn't matter much (i said matter much- I didn't it doesn't matter at all). But if 4+1 is done, not only better mosfets+ phase are supposed to be used, but also the circuit needs to be made in such a way that there is no stress between the EPS ATX connector and the Phase to the processor. It adds up to the cost and hassles, hence 8+1 is better off according to *some* companies.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Ishu:
Please could you de-link this image from the parent site, and post it via an image hosting system.

Also regarding usage of native language:
No offense, but Hindi is not native to all users here. They might feel offended. Please all who have done so, go and translate to English or remove the same.

Thanks.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Ishu:
No offense, but Hindi is not native to all users here. They might feel offended. Please all who have done so, go and translate to English or remove the same.

There is no problem in using 1 or 2 hindi sentences....as far as its not a personal remark 2 any1.....but cud b a problem for those who dnt understand hindi..otherwise rest is good.....& the forum rules doesnt say dat u cant use hindi..is it.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I know that there is no such rule. Just an attempt to keep the place clean and simple. Of course I cannot force any one to behave with etiquette and civil decorum. It is unharnessed behavior of others which causes(d) many members to walk off.

Globably it is recognized as offensive.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
new cpu ka kya karoge mobos ki to news hi nahin koi.

i meant what will you do with new cpu launch anyway, there is no news of the mobos that will house them.

very informing post buy sorceror sir, though for a minute i thought iam being scolded :D

@topgear 6950 is below 570 and 6970 is below 580,that is if the prices are according to performance. if i find confirmed prices ill post. btw is the dec 15 launch global or we will have to wait longer?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
No I am not scolding anyone. There were those I tried to explain but they don't have the basic courtesy to learn, let alone to reply so some people were just asking for it :).

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
You can always trust on Sorcy to guide you right. ;)
Unlike many he does in fact know what he's talking about. And by "what" I mean every soldered Resistor/Inductor/OPAMP/Diode/Transistor/Condenser on a wretched PCB.

P.S. At times when he talks to me about this stuff I'm like [0.O]. :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i meant what will you do with new cpu launch anyway, there is no news of the mobos that will house them.

very informing post buy sorceror sir, though for a minute i thought iam being scolded :D

@topgear 6950 is below 570 and 6970 is below 580,that is if the prices are according to performance. if i find confirmed prices ill post. btw is the dec 15 launch global or we will have to wait longer?

I'll be waiting.

BTW, any chance of price reduction of HD6850/6870.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

AMD usually has lower prices from Intel/nVidia.
Quick bit of googling says around $450 = 50 less than 580.

@topgear
Probably not.

Last edited:

Raptor1989

Broken In
Hey guyz. Need to buy a new lcd. Preferably 19.5" or above. I've got 9600GT card and need an lcd so that i can play with good graphics. I dont mind buying a smaller monitor but i dont want sd video on a hd screen. I hate pixelation of frames. So guys, do help. I can spend around 9k. But the display quality comes first not the screen size. I live near kolkata so suggest a shop with that lcd available too. Thanx.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@topgear yes i think 6870 and 6850 will have a cut after gtx 560 launches, its rumoured to be 15k. i so wish there is a 6930 too.

and 6950 and 6970 have been listed in france , 6970 is 496 euros around 30k :( , 6950 is surely 25kish too. so this shows a 6930 / 6890 may come.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Raptor1989: Dell ST2220L @8k

that's a good one but you can consider buying BenQ G2220HD - it's fairly available almost in every shops and the price is around ~7.5k

Added / Updated Intel and AMD CPU Prices.

Added AMD 890GX/FX Based mobo prices of Asrock, MSI, ECS, ASUS and Gigabyte.

Last edited:
Top Bottom