Half-Life 2 Discussion

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
DKant said:
WHOAA! It said 1 Nov 2004!!! :shock: They sure r kidding us right?

But no sys req. info yet. :evil:

1 Nov 2004? There is no way on Earth they can ship on that date. There is no news on whether the RC Valve submitted to VUG has gone gold or not. Then it has to be sent for duplication, delivery to the US, UK and all. Not to mention that the game comes out in two versions. Add that to that fact that VUG is bending over backwards trying to make Valve stop delivering via Steam, so they can get a cut out of the revenue. Most likely, VUG will haggle with the case because they have a clause in the agreement that says that VUG, if necessary, can hold from shipping for six months after the game goes gold. I don't know whether they will actually DO it or not, but both Valve and VUG are pretty pi**ed at each other right now, so there's no saying anything. So for now, Amazon, Gamestop, BestBuy are all making up their own release dates. Truth is, there is no official release date. Don't be surprised if you still see HL2 gameplay videos at E3 next year. :D True, there are no min. sys. requirements posted as of yet, but according to Doug Lombardi, it stands at 1.2G CPU, 256 MB RAM, DirectX 7.0 :shock: video card. (Apparently, the game scales down well to DX7 parts) For more details check out this page

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
NEWS

Half-Life 2 packages

BRONZE -- $49.95

Half-Life 2*

Counter-Strike: Source
*To be made available upon product's release.

SILVER -- $59.95

Half-Life 2*

Half-Life 1: Source*

Day of Defeat: Source*

Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
*To be made available upon products' release.

GOLD -- $89.95

Half-Life 2*

Half-Life 1: Source*

Day of Defeat: Source*

Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games

3 different Half-Life 2 posters

Half-Life Collector's box

Half-Life 2 hat

Half-Life 2 postcard

Half-Life 2 stickers

Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD

Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

* To be made available upon products' release.
**1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased. For contest details, click here.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
These packages are available only via Steam :( BTW, preload is in phase 3 already. :) I'll buy the Collectors Edition DVD anyday thank you very much. All that we care about now is whether the RC has been approved or not :D I seriously wonder when the game will go gold. Doom3 and HL2 were competing and even Doom3 has been released. We're still waiting..... Anyway, whats the fun if you order via Steam now? You preload today but get the executable only on the release date :D

OP
G

gxsaurav

BIG NEWS, COUNTER STRIKE : SOURCE IS out on 7th

News

available yet only via steam

OP
G

gxsaurav

Finally Half Life 2 has gone gold

*www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/15/news_6110731.html

will be releassed in 15 days at amx

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
what no way you kidding me

OH man gamespot is down (server mantanience)
no news at gamespy
no news at planet half life
:shock:

haX0r

Right off the assembly line
Well i am gamespot complete member, in the private forums it is said that HL2 went gold 15 days back, it's still a rumor but this time it's not BOGUS. YAY.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
man i hope it does come out this time....im eagerly waitin 4 it....still playin doom3....hopefully i will finish it by the time hl2 comes out...and nfs underground 2 is coming out next month too....nice!!!!

OP
G

gxsaurav

At last it is coming, lets see how much they cheated for ATI

Those having nvidia, don't worry, Since Valve knows that NVIDIA has more market share then ATI so the game will run fine on FX or 6xxx series, just make sure U got tha latest drivers, even if not official, I recomend 66.72 WHQL from guru3d.com for anything these days

OP
G

gxsaurav

7 pages, does anyone remember how many pages the Doom3 discussion went

gamefreak14

Journeyman
The industry insider added that a November release is now looking "extremely likely".
Source - *www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=*www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=110641

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
10/18/2004: HALF-LIFE 2 GONE GOLD

Mark November 16th on your calendar ... GAME ON!

*www.ba.no/multimedia/archive/00361/half-life-2-versjon_361295h.jpg

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/hl2.jpg

hehe...

but visually Doom3 is still better

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/tarey_g.gif

Top Bottom