Half-Life 2 Discussion

DKant

In the zone
Hey Nov16 is my birthday :p !!

Old news by now..but neway here's the official link.

PC Gamer gave it a 98% rating and the title of the Best Game Ever! :p

Go here

No updates on the sys req. after July 12. :( Linx any1?

BTw any1 got this expansion pack for HL1? :p

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Latest Gamespy Grudge shows tht ppl are more intrested in 'Halo 2' than 'half life 2' . same with me im waiting for halo 2 to be released . just two more days

DKant

In the zone
Latest Gamespy Grudge shows tht ppl are more intrested in 'Halo 2' than 'half life 2'

Ur talking abt an exclusive console title vs. a multi-platform title. Plus there's still atleast a week to go b4 HL2 hits the shelves.

Interestingly enuf, even Halo2 is got the "Best Game Ever Made" (for the XBox ofcoz) title. :p. Go here for the review.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i saw Halo2 b4 the gaming sites gave preview.
my video game-wallah bought Halo2 a week b4 the release date(9 nov) from palika bazaar delhi.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
halo 2 was leaked on the net....and some stores started selling it b4 the official release date...thats y ur video game walla got a copy b4 its release...but thats besides the point...it is a gr8 game and i hope it comes 4 the PC soon....

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
HALF LIFE 2 IS IN HANDS OF SOME
SOME PICS ID LIKE TO PUT HERE
COURTESY-www.gamespot.com

*image.com.com/gamespot/images//2004/news/11/11/hl2leak_screen001.jpg

*image.com.com/gamespot/images//2004/news/11/11/hl2leak_screen002.jpg

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
"For security/antipiracy, each copy must be authenticated via Steam during installation," Valve's Doug Lombardi told GameSpot. "After this one-time (per install) authentication is complete, an Internet connection is not required for single-player and LAN games."

:lol:

However, since Valve has already released the software development kit for the Source engine upon which Half-Life 2 is based, some crafty techie is likely cooking up a workaround to the authentication process.

But even before the Source SDK was released, fervent Counter-Strike source fans had hacked a version of Counter-Strike: Source that would allow you to play without being authenticated online for LAN parties. So it's likely that somewhere, someone is already strolling the streets of City 17, crowbar in hand.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
pics are probably fake
and one more fake pic which i saw 4 months ago

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/hl2coverandcds.jpg

OP
G

gxsaurav

A review of HL2 is out by gamespot

*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/review.html

looks like my FXX5900XT can handle the game preety well

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Half-Life 2 Warez Crackdown

If you are seriously considering downloading Half-Life 2 through illegal means, do expect quite a fight from Valve Software. The following is a response from Gabe Newell when being addressed on the topic of pirated HL2 copies:

We're running a bit of an experiment. We're keeping track of the accounts that do this and will be shutting them off. In other words, Valve has launched their very own "warez" version of their pride and joy whose purpose is to nail down those pirates out there. Thus, if you do not wish to plunk down $50 or so for one of the most riveting games of this year, the joke's on you, friend. If you have a warez version of Half-Life 2, Start uninstalling before you get yourself destroyed.

courtesy: CS nation

DKant

In the zone
WHOA! He IS serious :D, but I don't quite understand how they wld be able to track ALL leaked copies.

(Compulsory registration thru Steam? Some1 might have developed a hack for that already..:?)

Top Bottom