Half-Life 2 Discussion

OP
G

gxsaurav

I 2nd that, for FPS definately a Keyboard & Mouse are prefered

suhas_sm

Journeyman
hi dudes,,,,, as far as fps on consoles even i had hesitation earlier ........but after playing halo on xbox (at a friends place) its all gone....
i mean its just matter of half an hour or so to get going along the controls but it kicks butt when u get those recoil feedbacks onto ur joypads :twisted:

the news is that

Valve pushed out a one level beta version of the Counterstrike mod fitted to the Halflife 2 core over steam for those customers who had registered their ATI HL2 coupons. Eventually, the game will be released as Counterstike: Source, but, for now, the beta version shows off the bells, whistles, and capabilities of the new Source engine that powers HL2
like Light blooming through windows, illuminating dust in the air in Counterstrike: Source Beta
Valve included a video card "stress test" in the beta version of CS: Source. :(

gosh! i need a x800 xt platinum edition :p

suhas_sm

Journeyman
i m just wondering how awesome the graphics wud b at 2048 x 1536 :roll: with a x800 xt platinum ed ............ in the coming cs u can kick boxes to break open n kick th drums to roll them on slopes to distract attention n all ....... cant wait for both hl2 and cs on tha new engine !

after hl ... halo was the only storyline based game that appealed to me the most n was fun .... though first few chapters of halo is boring but gradually builds the fun.

borg

In the zone
Yeah man halo was some game alright. First class!!. Was thinking of starting a thread to discuss the thing. Maybe i will do it.

OP
G

gxsaurav

Halo is old so no use of discussing, but then again it's your choice

THE HL2 Engine, Havoc 2.0 is preety good, infact Dam good

DKant

In the zone
Seen the barrels roll over in the 'coastline' video? That proves that even 'awesome' wld be an understatement. :)

OP
G

gxsaurav

It's been reported by gamespot that Half Life 2 is goin Gold on monday 30 August, so we will see it in stores on 20 Septamber or close to that date

DKant

In the zone
WHAAAATT!!!!!! DAD! Gimme my 40 GRAND!! UPGRADE I MUST!!!!

And all this had 2 happen in an year when I was supposed 2 be preparing for GATE 2005!! :mad:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
This is what i got from Amazon.com. Dont curse me or flame if if this info is wrong.

Availability: This item will be released on November 1, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Half Life 2

OP
G

Does anyone know when HL2 releases? I still play HL1, and get scared whenever those weird dog-like monsters let out a shrill scream. I can't wait to see HL2, my brother will get it, so I can play it when he isn't looking ;)

OP
T

TimothyMcVeigh

Alanis...HL2 should be released by now. I don't know why they are delaying it. Anyway you can get your hands on Doom III for the time being.

Anyway...who are you Alanis? You are really freaking me out. You like Olympics, linux and the most amazing part you like Half Life series. I have rarely seen a girl like you. Never expected on a forum like this for sure at least.

OP
G

We girls like a lot of things that guys like. It just doesn't help to play UT2004 with your boyfriend and then beat him at it. Guys don't like the thought of that, and women know it. Since all men love bimbettes, we behave like bimbettes. Alas, a flaw in the matrix spawns women like me who are (gasp!) honest! ;)

OP
G

gxsaurav

Alanis said:
We girls like a lot of things that guys like. It just doesn't help to play UT2004 with your boyfriend and then beat him at it. Guys don't like the thought of that, and women know it. Since all men love bimbettes, we behave like bimbettes. Alas, a flaw in the matrix spawns women like me who are (gasp!) honest! ;)

Welcome to the forum Alanis, tell us something about yourself in the intro sticky

OP
G

What intro sticky?
Don't feel sorry for the "poor bloke" he gets to be with a smashing woman like me ;)

Top Bottom