Half-Life 2 Discussion

Well looks like a long wait.Why are they acting as if they are a PSU and not a professional company?Of all the formalities of releasing a game!! Why don't they join the government next.They'll do a good job of delaying things.Meanwhile one can be content playing Doom 3. (Psst..where will I get FarCry.Sujata Softech'swebsite does not list it, though they are the distributors)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
"Valve has announced that it will deliver a release candidate version of Half-Life 2 (HL2) (a game required under the 2001 SPA) to Sierra/VUG within the next few weeks. If Valve delivers a release candidate version that complies with the contract and is a Final Milestone, then VUG will have six months to release the product under the 2001 SPA. Valve is pressing VUG to release the product early within that six month window, and its representatives have made a number of public statements without our consent or concurrence that the product will be published and released to the general public in September of this year."

This means that VUG could hold off on releasing HL2 for up to six months.

Source: *www.halflife2.net/

OP
G

gxsaurav

This just in

To increse the hype surrounding HL2 & to lower the anger due to it's unavaiability, Valve is now discussiing the box package

*www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=23094

so the retail version will include Counter Strike Source & HL2, in 6 CDs, may be the pirates will extract only Half life 2 & sell it in 3 or 4 CDs, Dam, there is no DVD edition like UT2004

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hmmm...shucks...I would have loved the DVD version....anyways doesnt look like any time soon its gonna come out..so guess I'll just stick to the beta right now....

OP
G

gxsaurav

There is no news when HL2 will be released, yet Valve is releasing Screenshots, just to convince the already crying ATI users, that they can play a good DirectX gmae, better then NVIDIA (Cough)

*www.gamershell.com/hellzone_FPS_Half-Life_2.shtml

No where close, but they need something to make us belive that HL2 is not dead

& Doom 3 has already ruled the charts, & out, it's old news now that Doom3 came, but it came & sweeped the inductry way before Half life 2

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I know....I dont think this game is ever gonna come out....and I have a feeling its gonna flop...All we get are screen shots...lol.....gawd knows if it will ever work...or maybe Valve is just waitin for everyone to get hw upgrades...hehehe

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
bad news valve and vivendi have some mess going in court. 15 hearings will be done till 1 nov .seems like the game will be late.

OP
G

gxsaurav

This just in

HL2 has been given again a new release date, Now November 23 for US & November 26 for UK, so by December 25 we will have it here

Well, who is going to buy 6 CDs, raise your hands, I haven't baught UT2004 till now, again 6CDs, but then again atleast the DVD version is available for Rs 180, but with HL2, their is no DVD version

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
December 25
MAN MAN MAN O MAN HOW MUCH MORE ARE THEY GONNA TORTURE US
methinks itll be here after the UK release cause all the u know what probably comes frm there

OP
G

gxsaurav

but the ATI fans are fine with that, they don't have to worry for a game, they use their cards to fight with NVIDIA users not to play games, who cares when HL2 comes out, it is cheted & optimized for ATI cards, so they don't have to worry

Duke Nukam Forever

Next is Half Life Forever

Grrr...
Thats a long time indeed.December!!!
Of all the.....(can't think of words)
Thinking of making a game myself..(joking...he he he..)
But I think gxsaurav is very attached to his GeForce 5900 and... well....how to say...ATi and nVidia users are always at loggerheads. Lets see if HL2 is actually coming out or its just going to go on till time eternal.Till then lets keep hoping.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yup november 23 seems 2 b the new US release date and nov 26 is the UK date....but then again, they have had many such dates in the pasr and it never came out then.....and gx, y r u so against ati??? man they make gr8 graphics cards....im not getting into any argument but look at both companies and accept that both make gr8 cards and that sometimes its nvidia on top and at other times its ati....

OP
G

gxsaurav

This just in, again

*www.clandv.com/files/HL2

claimed to be a review of HL2

OP
G

gxsaurav

Good news for FanATICs & NVIDIOTS

Counter Strike Source is now preloading via Steam, U can download Counter Strike CS if U have an steam account & paid for it, the size varies, also those who got an HL2 voucher with ATI cards can also use it, also U can play CS-Source only online
Not to be used on Dial up

The release date of HL2 is still not sure

OP
G

gxsaurav

For compleate HL2 info visit

*www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
HL2 Collector's Edition

Well, it's official, there is going to be a "Collector's Edition" DVD at $79.99. Check out the beautiful, utterly droolable box at Gamestop. I wonder if the DVD would be released here. I still can't find the UT2004 DVD anywhere. :cry: HL1:Source, yum! I think the preload is in Phase 3 now with most of the scripts and models for HL2 being streamed. VUG, though, is gonna release the HL2 executable only on the release date. Although with the court proceedings going on in full swing, it looks like it might be another 6 months or more before it even hits shelves in the US. Stupid, spiteful VUG!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Does anyone have the Ravenholm, Tenements and Coast (not Coastline) videos? Maybe Digit should put them on the DVD next month. Hey, remember the HL2 hardware survey? Most ppl then were using GeForce4 MX cards. Did they rewrite Source or anything for these cards that its taking Valve so long? I wonder what changed because of those survey results. I hope VUG approves the RC and makes it GOLD (soon)

Top Bottom