GTX 560 ti or HD 6950

Cilus

laborare est orare
Mafia II is the only game where you can observe the difference of PhysX if anybody didn't tell you where to look. For other games till now, you need somebody to tell you where to look to find the difference.

2ndly, Crysis 2 does not have PhysX, it uses Crytech's proprietary Physics engine, so your word is just other way around, there are lots of alternative CPU based Physics engine available which can perform at the same level of PhysX, if not better.

d3p

PowerHouse
I don't know about AMD cards... But I must say that PhysX does make a difference in games.. The difference is very noticeable in Mafia II and Crysis 2.. Check it out..

Very few approx ~ 10 games have implemented PhysX till date & out of it only four got hit [Mafia II, Batman : AA, Metro 2033 & Mirror Edge]. For that reason if you are suggesting to buy 560ti then its real EPIC.

BTW Crysis 2 don't support PhysX, it was a DX11 Patch.

As told earlier by others

6850<6870 = 560<560ti<6950<570<6970<580.

Need some info then check the Anandtech GPU Benchmarks.

Last edited:

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
Hello everyone.

Even I am puzzled about this question. I like both the cards (MSI 560 TI HAWK & MSI 6950 TF III) and in Kolkata both the cards cost around 15K (Price of Supreme computers, Kolkata).

Please suggest which one to get. Also where to buy the card from (in Kolkata)? Any online option?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Both are great cards. You won't regret buying either.

But keeping in kind HD6950's better performance-per-watt, I would go for it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Well its got a custom pcb with all the extra shaders from the gpu core removed by laser cut and simply not disabled. Therefore unlocking is not guaranteed in case of msi 6950 twin frozr III/OC. But its a great card nevertheless and is a must buy if one can afford it.

Altair

Right off the assembly line
IMO you should go for HD6950 2GB,1st it is at par performanve with GTX560 and if you get lucky you just might unlock your card to HD6970 which is obv./definitely better.
Rest is your call. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
If HD 6950 2 GB Twin Frozr III is available @ 15K, then my vote is for also in favour of it. It is highly overclocked with a great cooler and custom PCB design. PErformance is better than GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr III and almost reaches a HD 6970/GTX 570, just out of the box.
And it has very good chance of being unlocked to HD 6970

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If HD 6950 2 GB Twin Frozr III is available @ 15K, then my vote is for also in favour of it. It is highly overclocked with a great cooler and custom PCB design. PErformance is better than GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr III and almost reaches a HD 6970/GTX 570, just out of the box.
And it has very good chance of being unlocked to HD 6970

Just a question, nvm, are you a big fan of ati cards?? ;)

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
I am damn sure he is not a fan, he has been through sli setups as well, as far as i know from his posts, experienced man loyal to pocket and not to brand.
Nvidia lacks the performance/dollar,watt almost always. the 2gb version is definitely better and has very good chances >95% of being unlocked to 6970 which is definitely faster than the most overclocked version (gigabyte version reaching 90 degree in western country) 560ti and even better than the 570.
Its pure logic after that what to go for.

Personally I do appreciate AMD for their successful efforts to make space in a largely dominated market and delivering vfm products. 5970 dominated and the 6990 dominates
but when it comes to buying the pocket dominates :p

Cilus

laborare est orare
Omi, you just posted my thoughts, thanks mate.

d6bmg, regarding Graphics card, I'm not at all any fanboy, my 1st 4 cards are from nVidia (two 6800 Ultra, one 6600 GT and 8800 GTS 640 MB). If you check my post carefully, you'll find the points in favor of HD 6950 2 GB are mentioned very clearly. In case you overlooked, here they are:-

1. Custom PCB design, so better VRM design for tweaks like overclocking and overvolting to improve performance.

2. Custom Twin Frozr III cooler, almost 20 degree C colder than a stock HD 6950 in load. So headroom for more overclocking.

3. Factory overclocked. performs very close to a HD 6970 and GTX 570 out of the box.

4. There is ahigh chance of unlocking it to bigger brother HD 6970.

5. It performs better than any factory overclocked version of GTX 560 Ti.

OP
G

gunners009

Broken In
Omi, you just posted my thoughts, thanks mate.

d6bmg, regarding Graphics card, I'm not at all any fanboy, my 1st 4 cards are from nVidia (two 6800 Ultra, one 6600 GT and 8800 GTS 640 MB). If you check my post carefully, you'll find the points in favor of HD 6950 2 GB are mentioned very clearly. In case you overlooked, here they are:-

1. Custom PCB design, so better VRM design for tweaks like overclocking and overvolting to improve performance.

2. Custom Twin Frozr III cooler, almost 20 degree C colder than a stock HD 6950 in load. So headroom for more overclocking.

3. Factory overclocked. performs very close to a HD 6970 and GTX 570 out of the box.

4. There is ahigh chance of unlocking it to bigger brother HD 6970.

5. It performs better than any factory overclocked version of GTX 560 Ti.

Great
am going for 6950 1 gb :)

Top Bottom