GTX 560 ti or HD 6950

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
Thanks everyone here. I bought the MSI 560 Ti Hawk. Its a good card. But I have 2 questions:

1. The card idles at 40 degrees and while playing The Witcher 2 , the temperature went to 75 degrees (temperature measured using realtemp and GPU-Z). Is it normal, or is the card running on higher temps? I live in kolkata and temp and ambient here around 30 degrees.

2. All the LEDs on the back portion are always on in my card. I have not installed the MSI tools. Is it ok NOT the install the MSI softwares?

Please help.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Realtemp measure cpu temps afaik. I recommend you to install msi after burner and set the fan speed at 40%-50% and fan mode set to "auto". Play witcher 2 and post the afterburner screenshots here.

We'll have a look at your temps.

Last edited:

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
@vickybat

Yes i agree that realtemp is good for measuring CPU temps. But if you go into the settings tab, then you can add an option to monitor the GPU temps too.

Thanks for your help. Will install MSI afterburner and let you know the results.

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
That temp is ok, graphic cards heat up, no need to worry, if it goes beyond 80-85C then its something you have to fix, I think the 560 heats less than the temps you are reaching tough.
What case do you have, is it ventilated properly?

My laptop with the ati 5 series , I have stressed it to 210 degree Fahrenheit, yes you read it correct 210, the temp at which water boils. It reaches that by just playing TF2 when placed on a table. After that I just elevated the laptop legs using bottle caps and it runs much much cooler (79-85 Degree Celsius)

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
The cabinet is a zebronics Antibiotics. The cabinet is well ventilated and every other parts remain at around 40 - 45 degrees.

Top Bottom