Graphics Cards related queries here.

techno_savvy81

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I have an Acer 5745 laptop. It has the following configuration:
Intel® Core™ i5-450M Mobile Processor
(3MB Intel® Smart Cache, 2.40GHz)
Intel HM55 Chipset
3GB DDR3 SDRAM
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics (Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0 support )
640GB* SATA hard drive, 5400RPM

When I look into the Acer Specifications, I see that the same model (Acer 5745) also comes with Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M graphics/Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M graphics/Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M graphics

Also the drivers for the above mentioned graphics cards are available in the support section for, both Acer 5745 and ACER 5745g models. Incidentally the BIOS versions and corresponding updates, seem to be the same for both.

Since, Intel HM55 chipset supports switchable graphics and all specs for ACER 5745g (the one advertised with switchable graphics) and ACER 5745 are the same, does my laptop support the same too i.e. Is the only difference between the 2 models is that one comes with and the other without a discrete graphics card? Can I go ahead and buy one of the discrete graphics cards from NVIDIA and install it without any significant changes?

Please let me know, if you would need any more information from me.

Regards,
Arijit

Cilus

laborare est orare

I have an Acer 5745 laptop. It has the following configuration:
Intel® Core™ i5-450M Mobile Processor
(3MB Intel® Smart Cache, 2.40GHz)
Intel HM55 Chipset
3GB DDR3 SDRAM
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics (Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0 support )
640GB* SATA hard drive, 5400RPM

When I look into the Acer Specifications, I see that the same model (Acer 5745) also comes with Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M graphics/Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M graphics/Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M graphics

Also the drivers for the above mentioned graphics cards are available in the support section for, both Acer 5745 and ACER 5745g models. Incidentally the BIOS versions and corresponding updates, seem to be the same for both.

Since, Intel HM55 chipset supports switchable graphics and all specs for ACER 5745g (the one advertised with switchable graphics) and ACER 5745 are the same, does my laptop support the same too i.e. Is the only difference between the 2 models is that one comes with and the other without a discrete graphics card? Can I go ahead and buy one of the discrete graphics cards from NVIDIA and install it without any significant changes?

Please let me know, if you would need any more information from me.

Regards,
Arijit

Acer 5745 series does not have a dedicated graphics card, it is only having inbuilt Graphics card whereas Acer 5745G is the one with dedicated Graphics card.
So your laptop is only having Intel HD graphics and you cannot install those nvidia drivers as no hardware is present to support the drivers. and 2ndly in a laptop you cannot install a graphics card. In most of the cases Laptop graphic cards are integrated part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded, specially in India. However there are MXM certified laptops available that can be upgraded with new graphics card. But those graphic card are completely different from the Desktop graphics card and not at all available in India.

anmol.bankai

Hi guy's please suggest me a graphics card and a PSU my budget is 5K~
current system-
Core2Duo E4500 @2.20 Ghz
1 GB ram
Mobo-D945GCNL INTEL
Duplicate I ball kamchalau PSU (Have to change)
And Most importantly I have a SAMSUNG SyncMaster 594mg CRT monitor and my current resolution is 1024x768 so idk if i would be able to game at high resolutions but currently I am able to watch full HD movies so I have no clue if I can do so....
Plz HELP!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^:+1:..I've never seen any nVidia cards bein manufactured by Sapphire!!

Sapphire is AMD AIB. if they manufacture Nvidia cards, AMD will kick them out as Nvidia did to XFX.

Hi guy's please suggest me a graphics card and a PSU my budget is 5K~
current system-
Core2Duo E4500 @2.20 Ghz
1 GB ram
Mobo-D945GCNL INTEL
Duplicate I ball kamchalau PSU (Have to change)
And Most importantly I have a SAMSUNG SyncMaster 594mg CRT monitor and my current resolution is 1024x768 so idk if i would be able to game at high resolutions but currently I am able to watch full HD movies so I have no clue if I can do so....
Plz HELP!!!

get HD4670 512Mb + a local 500W + 2Gb ram cause your ram too less. a graphics card will speed up your PC but with just 1Gb ram. graphics card maybe bottlenecked.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Nice piece of info Cilus!!

Thanks a lot. :smile:

anmol.bankai, get Asus 4670 1 GB GDDR3 @ 4k (listed in deltapage.com). It is the best GPU available at your budget. All the current games are playable at high setting @ 1024X768.

For PSU, get VIP Gold 400W @ 1.4k

anmol.bankai

get HD4670 512Mb + a local 500W + 2Gb ram cause your ram too less. a graphics card will speed up your PC but with just 1Gb ram. graphics card maybe bottlenecked.

Thanx for da advise Sam baba and Cilus, have few more queries below:
1) How is Nvidia 430 GT 1GB can that card be used instead of hd 4670?? As after apox.1 year I would trash my old monitor and get a kickass new LCD so then can I use 430 GT as a PHYSX CARD with another card(may be ATI 6xxx..)???

2) So on my current CRT(SAMSUNG SYNC Master 594 MG) I wont be able to exceed 1024x768 resolution in games na or can I????

3) Herd you guys were the Al-Qaeda for local PSU, to aisa bhed bhau KYU??
Lastly yes have to add more ram and I forgot to mention I had kept 2K seprate for PSU apart from 5K :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ now when did i became "baba" :grin: Piyush baba will go mad :p

1. GT430 is bad card at a very bad price. also using for Physx, may depend heavily on the motherboard. if i allows to use a Nvidia card to run along with an AMD card. let the GT430 be for physics only but not sure if the motherboard will allow so.

2. i don't think so.

3. actually opposite. we were Indian Marines against "el-chepo Al-Qaeda PSUs" :lol: cause el-chepo PSU are most responsible for system component failure. though if no other way possible, one will have to get a cheap PSU. but thats ok for a low power consuming set.

if so, than: HD5670 512Mb + FSP Saga II 400W/Gigabyte 460W.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector

To be honest my 9500gt also performs marginally when it comes to heavy games. Good thing my monitor is only 1360x768 any higher any my baby would be crushed with all that graphic load and crappy support from el cheapo al qaeda psu.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Thanx for da advise Sam baba and Cilus, have few more queries below:
1) How is Nvidia 430 GT 1GB can that card be used instead of hd 4670?? As after apox.1 year I would trash my old monitor and get a kickass new LCD so then can I use 430 GT as a PHYSX CARD with another card(may be ATI 6xxx..)???

2) So on my current CRT(SAMSUNG SYNC Master 594 MG) I wont be able to exceed 1024x768 resolution in games na or can I????

3) Herd you guys were the Al-Qaeda for local PSU, to aisa bhed bhau KYU??
Lastly yes have to add more ram and I forgot to mention I had kept 2K seprate for PSU apart from 5K :p

Lets answer your questions one by one
1. After their 197 driver, Nvidia released an updated driver which disables their card, if card from another manufacture such as AMD/ATI is present. So technically you can't use GTS430 as a PhysX card with an ATI card.
However there are some hacks available which can remove the restriction from Nvidia Driver.

2. You won't be able to exceed 1024X768 with your current monitor.

3. If you are having 2k for PSU, then get a Gigabyte Superb 460W PSU @ 2.2k

smltngs

Broken In

hi, please suggest me some good 22-inch monitors for gaming purpose..budget max 10k.

Cilus

laborare est orare

You can get BenQ G2220HD full HD (Max resolution 1920X1080) @ 7.5K. This one is a superb monitor with DVI-D port and VGA port.

If you want Monitor with HDMI port, then you can get BenQ E2220HD, priced @ 9.6k. It is having DVI-D, VGA and HDMI 1.3 port, Audio In/Headphone jack, Speaker (2X1W). It has 10000:1 dynamic Contrast Ratio and 300 cd/m2 brightness.

If you want just a monitor with very good display quality and does not consider very much about the looks then I'll suggest you to go for the BenQ G2220HD and saves the rest of your money. The picture quality for DVI-D and HDMI are smae, so you will get same quality of picture. The only difference is HDMI can channel audio too, if you are having the latest 5 series Graphics card from ATI or Nvidia 4XX series cards.

ssb1551

Technomancer

You can get BenQ G2220HD full HD (Max resolution 1920X1080) @ 7.5K. This one is a superb monitor with DVI-D port and VGA port.

If you want Monitor with HDMI port, then you can get BenQ E2220HD, priced @ 9.6k. It is having DVI-D, VGA and HDMI 1.3 port, Audio In/Headphone jack, Speaker (2X1W). It has 10000:1 dynamic Contrast Ratio and 300 cd/m2 brightness.

If you want just a monitor with very good display quality and does not consider very much about the looks then I'll suggest you to go for the BenQ G2220HD and saves the rest of your money. The picture quality for DVI-D and HDMI are smae, so you will get same quality of picture. The only difference is HDMI can channel audio too, if you are having the latest 5 series Graphics card from ATI or Nvidia 4XX series cards.

:goodjob:..Very nicely explained Cilus!!

smltngs

Broken In

@cilus thanks for the suggestion.
i will probably go for benq g2220hd lcd.where can i buy this monitor online.

anmol.bankai

Lets answer your questions one by one
1. After their 197 driver, Nvidia released an updated driver which disables their card, if card from another manufacture such as AMD/ATI is present. So technically you can't use GTS430 as a PhysX card with an ATI card.
However there are some hacks available which can remove the restriction from Nvidia Driver.
-->So with this hack I would be 100% able to use this card with any other ATI card has any one here ever tried this???
-->Secondly one of my friend was saying that 5670 might be an overkill for me since I game at such LOW resolution 1024x768 is it true?? (I know he is a dofus but still had to crosscheck..)
-->Lastly If I get a 430GT + Ram Upgrade will I be able to play all new games smoothly for the next 1 or 1/2 years since my resolution is low (1024x768) and then when I get my new system I can use this as a PHYSX card???
And thanx for da help BABA log :grin:..

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

is it 6850 here in indian market (kolkata preferred) ??
if no, when is it gonna come ??

if i get a gtx 460 , which brand should i go for ??

i am a resident of kolkata

Top Bottom