Graphics Cards related queries here.

Piyush

Lanaya
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

No it is not the other way around:-D

what i have posted is completely correct
HD68XX series has been launched today
you can head over to Anandtech, Techpowerup reviews to see for yourself
AMD?s Radeon HD 6870 & 6850: Renewing Competition in the Mid-Range Market - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

6870 was never meant to replace HD5870
HD6870 is practically competing with GTX470 and is somewhat better than HD 5850
but it falls short of HD5870:)

thats really confusing
k....that link makes the thing easier

am12late

Right off the assembly line

Zotac GTS 250 Eco 1gb in lieu of GTX 9800+ 512mb

Hi Guys,
I had bought a Zotac GTX 9800+ 512mb in Feb last year. It started giving me problems in Aug this year, so I took it back to the dealer & he sent it back to Zotac. For almost 2 months they kept telling me that zotac is working to fix it. Last week, the dealer told me to come on monday and he will settle it. I went there today to get my card or a replacement 9800+. The dealer said that he didnt have any 9800s, but offered to give me a Zotac GTS250 1gb, but said that I would have to pay another 800Rs. as I was getting an equivalent card with more memory. I hadnt researched and just wanted to get my system back up so I agreed for the replacement.

On coming home I found out that the card was infact Eco Edition....in other words underclocked for power efficiency.

Now I feel like kicking myself for not having researched. Question is....should I keep this new card or should I take it back?
The GTX9800+ ran at 738Mhz core & 1100Mz memory & had 512 mb ram
The GTS250 Eco runs at 675Mz core & 1000Mhz memory & has 1gb Ram

Looking for some advise so that I can act as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Vishw

Journeyman

Hey Guys, from last couple of days I'm reading few news articles saying nVidia is slashing the prices of GTS 460 & 470!! Is it true??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ It's going to be true for sure.

@ am12late - The card you got will perform less than the previous card for sure.

The card is not very bad at all - it costs more than a normal GTS 250 and if you are using HD resolution then the 512MB added ram will come handy.

you can even OC this card core 780MHz and mem to 1050 Mhz.

here's a review :

Zotac GTS250 Eco - Graphics Cards - Build - Reviews - Atomic MPC

am12late

Right off the assembly line

^^ It's going to be true for sure.

@ am12late - The card you got will perform less than the previous card for sure.

The card is not very bad at all - it costs more than a normal GTS 250 and if you are using HD resolution then the 512MB added ram will come handy.

you can even OC this card core 780MHz and mem to 1050 Mhz.

here's a review :

Zotac GTS250 Eco - Graphics Cards - Build - Reviews - Atomic MPC

Thanks for your reply topgear. The card definately does underperfrom compared to my older card. Besides that its very noisy and runs at very high temperatures. So I called the Zotac rep and he said he will try to arrange a 9800+ or something better in sometime.

phil2097

Broken In

got myself a rig at a shoe string budget, its an MSI 890gxm g65 mobo, wit 4290 onboard graphics, i was thinking on investing a little on a low budget gpu in a hybrid x-fire... any suggestions??? under 3k if possible!!!!!! 4350, 5450, 4650.... need some ideas mates

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ no. don't invest in cards that are just "tad" faster than IGP. also hybrid Xfire is BS. stay away from it. i'll say save up now, buy later. enjoy.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

do not any one here interested in coming hd6900series!!!!!!!!!can any body feed me about anything about them-benchmark-specification-released-before their official release-or any links.......anything helpful>thanks in advance

by d way-any rumors new about gtx580????????

ssb1551

Technomancer

a question for all GURUS of the forum(Sam,Jas,ICO,Cilus,coolbuddy n many more):p...
is 9800GT better than HD5770 in performance?forget abt all the power requirements,noise,temperatures n wat not!!Jus performance!!

virajkin

Journeyman

Hi please suggest me a Graphics card (ATI preffered)
Budget- 8k(Can go upto 9k if there is suitable performance increase with the higher version)
Check the signature for my Config

ssb1551

Technomancer

if ur budget can be 9k n u want to buy the GPU now then u can look for MSI HD5770!!

ssb1551

Technomancer

or u can wait n c if HD6850 is available for that much!!I aint sure how much will 6850 be priced at.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ssb, HD5670 is slightly slower than 9800GT but lot slower than HD5770. so 9800GT slower than HD5770.

virajkin

Journeyman

thanks for the suggessions
what is the difference between MSI Radeon 5770-PM2D1G and MSI Radeon 5770-PMD1G both prices same Rs. 8950 @theitwares.com
Also what about MSI Radeon 5770 HAWK edition @ Rs. 9200
How is Sapphire Radeon HD5770 @ Rs. 8650

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

thanks for the suggessions
what is the difference between MSI Radeon 5770-PM2D1G and MSI Radeon 5770-PMD1G both prices same Rs. 8950 @theitwares.com
Also what about MSI Radeon 5770 HAWK edition @ Rs. 9200
How is Sapphire Radeon HD5770 @ Rs. 8650

just compare the tech spec sheet of both MSI then u will knw the difference...
Sapphire Radeon is good....MSI too

ssb1551

Technomancer

HD6870 is 14.6k and HD6850 is 11.6k.

Oh CRAP!!:banghead:..was hoping 6850 to be priced at arnd 10k!!

from which brand is tht 6850?

just compare the tech spec sheet of both MSI then u will knw the difference...
Sapphire Radeon is good....MSI too

Both MSI n Sapphire r good!!
HAWK edition's core clock is 875MHz whereas others r 850MHz!!Also it comes with 2 fans!!

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector

@ssb
I'd stay away from sapphire. Remember tashfin had a 6600gt which he did not get warranty for and was sitting on his desktop like a show piece.

ssb1551

Technomancer

^^:+1:..I've never seen any nVidia cards bein manufactured by Sapphire!!

Top Bottom