Graphics Cards related queries here.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ mohiuddin

Early previews show 6970 slower than 580. And 69xx series will be expensive surely around 25k or more.

Check this

It says 6970 is 10% faster than gtx 480 & gtx 580 is some 18% faster than its predecessor.

So it will be seen who murders whom.

Cilus

laborare est orare

vickybat, stop fighting yaar. It is written over the review that it is at least 10% faster compared to GTX 480 without proper driver and proper release. It does not imply anything, whether it is slower or faster.
Just wait a few days for the release.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Those 69xx tests are synthetic and doubtful. Let us just wait for the official release and upliftment of the NDA.

Chimu

Right off the assembly line

@ Chimu... I own a Asus P5QPL-AM mobo...and I recently bought Sapphire HD5670 1 Gb...its working fine for me...never heard of the compatibility issue u r talking about...

Did you require to update your bios or not before installing the GPU?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

A HD 6850 crossfire setup performs slightly better than GTX 580 as the reviews say. It is also par with noise and power consumption.

AMD surely has something to answer with 69xx series. I wouldn't believe blatant speculation.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

A HD 6850 crossfire setup performs slightly better than GTX 580 as the reviews say. It is also par with noise and power consumption.

AMD surely has something to answer with 69xx series. I wouldn't believe blatant speculation.

Very true ico but i highly doubt a single 6970 beating 6850cf setup. If it manages to do that , then it will take the crown of being the world's fastest single gpu. We all will know that after dec 15th hopefully.

The 6850cf is not that much ahead of gtx460 sli. So if the upcoming gtx 560 are priced right, 560sli might beat 6850cf fair and square and may even take the fight to 6870cf.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

a perfect answer. Hope amd will crush those vapor-tooth.

Very true ico but i highly doubt a single 6970 beating 6850cf setup. If it manages to do that , then it will take the crown of being the world's fastest single gpu. We all will know that after dec 15th hopefully.

The 6850cf is not that much ahead of gtx460 sli. So if the upcoming gtx 560 are priced right, 560sli might beat 6850cf fair and square and may even take the fight to 6870cf.

6970 =1920sps
2x6850=920+920=1840sps
plz also note that sli or cfx isn't scaling 2x.
So,what make u so doubtful about that.

@ mohiuddin

Early previews show 6970 slower than 580. And 69xx series will be expensive surely around 25k or more.

Check this

It says 6970 is 10% faster than gtx 480 & gtx 580 is some 18% faster than its predecessor.

So it will be seen who murders whom.

i think, u got the answers.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

a perfect answer. Hope amd will crush those vapor-tooth.

6970 =1920sps
2x6850=920+920=1840sps
plz also note that sli or cfx isn't scaling 2x.
So,what make u so doubtful about that.

i think, u got the answers.

No i didn't & i think you will never get yours.

The 6850 has 960 sp's not 920 (Think and see properly before you post) & i don't no what the heck you are talking about. That makes 6850cf 1920 sp's same as 6970 but the frontend alone doesn't decide the performance of a gpu but the backend also matters.

No. of rop's (Z-stencil & colour), video memory,memorybus all matters and 6970's backend will fall short of 6850cf. And sli scales better than cf due to better nvidia drivers.

So don't hope too much. Only a proper release of 69xx series will clear everything.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

560 is going to be above 15k so even if it does beat 6850 cf it will be costlier. and int that cost you will be able to get 6970.

and yesterday a previous post on fudzilla was updated and the accepted their error said 6970 may as well be around 20% faster than 480.

barts and caicos were coming first , but dont see them selling , can you fill me in with the news about 6750 and 6770.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

This time amd cards will also be expensive. 6970 might end up more than 30k. 560 may just be aiming for 6870 and might just beat it . If it does then it will be interesting and we can see some price drops from either camp.

About the info about 6770 and 6750, here it is.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

No i didn't & i think you will never get yours.

The 6850 has 960 sp's not 920 (Think and see properly before you post) & i don't no what the heck you are talking about. That makes 6850cf 1920 sp's same as 6970 but the frontend alone doesn't decide the performance of a gpu but the backend also matters.

No. of rop's (Z-stencil & colour), video memory,memorybus all matters and 6970's backend will fall short of 6850cf. And sli scales better than cf due to better nvidia drivers.

So don't hope too much. Only a proper release of 69xx series will clear everything.

sry, my bad.i read abt 10reveiw sites on 6850.but why i did that mistake ,i don't know.but still 6970 gonna be what i expect...and u saw d correction abt fudzilla's daam wrong info , i think...brada,wait nd see what 6970 is bringing.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Please do not use sms posting style. Looks extremely bad.

Thanks.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

sry, my bad.i read abt 10reveiw sites on 6850.but why i did that mistake ,i don't know.but still 6970 gonna be what i expect...and u saw d correction abt fudzilla's daam wrong info , i think...brada,wait nd see what 6970 is bringing.

Thats what i said from the very beginning i.e to wait and watch what 69xx series is bringing to the table. The pricing is going to be high but what matters is the performance & whether it has all the goodness to take on the mighty gtx 580 & 570 duo.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

Thats what i said from the very beginning i.e to wait and watch what 69xx series is bringing to the table. The pricing is going to be high but what matters is the performance & whether it has all the goodness to take on the mighty gtx 580 & 570 duo.

any new rumors on 69xx?..today is 12.12

mitraark

Decrepit

Is there any site where I can compare the benchmark results of 5670 vs 6850 ??? I am going to get a new PC with a 23" LCD , and i am really confused between those two.

Although almost everyone here will most probably say to go with the 6850 , i know myself that i hardly play any games , other than COunter STrike and FIFA 11. I had bought a 8600GT 256MBDDR3 2 years back but i ended up playing only Portal , i don;t play any other high end games.

For 1080p Movies and some work on MATLAB CATIA etc , 5670 will be more than enough i know , but pairing it with an i5 based PC would seem like a mismatch [ a bottleneck for many games ] so i want to see how much extra performance in 6850 i am going to get at double the price of 5670.

Top Bottom