Graphics Cards related queries here.

trishankur

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

see this........
AMD Radeon HD 6870 and 6850 launches on October 18th - www.nordichardware.com

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Here my evidence-:grin::-D
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/07102010012.jpg
Gpu fan is not spinning but cpu,smps fan is spinning.
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/07102010011.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/07102010009.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/07102010008.jpg
All the fan is spinning.

jakeichan1986

Right off the assembly line

Am using a 9600GT as my current Graphics card.
I play most Single Player games, but most often I only play ‘World of Warcraft’ (MMORPG).
After 2 years of wear and tear, my GPU has been going upto 80 degrees @100% usage, @ idle usage its about 67 degrees..
Using Everest Ultimate I was able to know the temperature values.

Am using a 500W Zebronics Platinum SRS PSU with 22A on the 12V rail.

With the current GPU i.e. the 9600GT I am not able to get more than 10fps @ 1920*1080 & approx 24fps @ 1280*960 (Only when playing World of Warcraft)
I want to be able to get better fps @ 1920*1080.
I will not be able to change my PSU till atleast Feb 2011, when I will be going for ‘Cooler Master - Silent Pro M850’.
Is there any better graphic card that will help me serve the purpose immediately??

My configuration is
Asus M3N-HD-HDMI
AMD 9950 Quad Core 2.60 GHz
OCZ Gold 2*2GB DDR2
XFX 9600GT 1GB

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Am using a 9600GT as my current Graphics card.
I play most Single Player games, but most often I only play ‘World of Warcraft’ (MMORPG).
After 2 years of wear and tear, my GPU has been going upto 80 degrees @100% usage, @ idle usage its about 67 degrees..
Using Everest Ultimate I was able to know the temperature values.

Am using a 500W Zebronics Platinum SRS PSU with 22A on the 12V rail.

With the current GPU i.e. the 9600GT I am not able to get more than 10fps @ 1920*1080 & approx 24fps @ 1280*960 (Only when playing World of Warcraft)
I want to be able to get better fps @ 1920*1080.
I will not be able to change my PSU till atleast Feb 2011, when I will be going for ‘Cooler Master - Silent Pro M850’.
Is there any better graphic card that will help me serve the purpose immediately??

My configuration is
Asus M3N-HD-HDMI
AMD 9950 Quad Core 2.60 GHz
OCZ Gold 2*2GB DDR2
XFX 9600GT 1GB

to reduce the temps, try and clean up your system from inside including gfx card's HSF. the reason for drop in fps is not only your gfx card but your processor is also slow. also you are playing at such high resolution. so to improve the performance lower the resolutions and details or upgrade your entire system. also cm silent pro m850 is too too too much for this rig. your psu is not good for current gfx cards.

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent

on gigabyte site.. they have specified
Multi-Graphics Technology - Support for ATI CrossFireX™ technology or sumwhere SLI too
wht are these meant for?? n if i have Zotac GTX 460 1gb den it comes under which category among d two?

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies

@pulkitpopli2004
For running multiple graphics card on a single system, you need to have multiple PCIe slots and either/both CrossfireX or SLI certification. CrossfireX is for AMD based Graphics card & SLI is for Nvidia.
You'll need SLI support only if you go for multiple 460s.

Remember such certification has no value for single card config.

Cilus

laborare est orare

to reduce the temps, try and clean up your system from inside including gfx card's HSF. the reason for drop in fps is not only your gfx card but your processor is also slow. also you are playing at such high resolution. so to improve the performance lower the resolutions and details or upgrade your entire system. also cm silent pro m850 is too too too much for this rig. your psu is not good for current gfx cards.

The sole reason is the Graphics card itself, Jaskanwar . Phenom 9950 is a very good processor and on per with Core 2 Quad 6600. P 9850 and 9950 are free of the TLB bug and also having 2 MB L3 Cache. You can check the review in Tom's Hardware.

If you wanna play WoW at full HD resolution with over 30 fps then minimum a Radeon HD 5650 is required. Get the 1 GB version. your current PSU will be well enough for it. If you want a little extra punch in all the games, then the choice is either HD 5750 or Nvidia GTS 450.
But if you can spend the money, then get GTX 460 768 MB @ 10.5k
Although your current PSU may support those cards, but a PSU upgrade will be advisable.
Also Phenom 9950 is a Black Edition processor and has good over clocking potential. Try to over-clock it to 2.8~2.9 GHz.

And regarding PSU, as Jas said, a 850 is a super overkill. Go for Corsair TX550
, more than enough for your configuration.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

ok thanks for the info cilus.
but i disagree that platinum 500w will power gtx460 or gts450 or hd5750.
see Products : Power Supply, Platinum Power Supply, zeb 500 W platinum Power Supply, zeb 800 W Power Supply, Platinum Series Power Supply, Platinum Series Products, Power Supply Products. see the 12v rating only 22A......

Gollum

Collector

@amartya
In reply to your sig.
Rashi replaced my 6600 vanilla within 4 days with just 1 week of the 3 year warranty remaining.
Also replaced my 500gb hdd within a week.
The retailer told me that you will get warranty on any device which fails to work and does not have any physical damage.
You can't avail warranty on a working card. Overheating is not covered in warranty.

Tenida

Gadget Freak

@amartya
In reply to your sig.
Rashi replaced my 6600 vanilla within 4 days with just 1 week of the 3 year warranty remaining.
Also replaced my 500gb hdd within a week.
The retailer told me that you will get warranty on any device which fails to work and does not have any physical damage.
You can't avail warranty on a working card. Overheating is not covered in warranty.
First of l every user in every forum knows about the after sales service of Rashi Peripheral i am not one telling the problem caused by RAshi peripheral.
And 6600 is old card i don't know service of rashi earlier but now its sucks,
Who told that overheating is not covered by warranty?Actually my gfcard fan is not working properly always that's why creating the problem of overheating.

Gollum

Collector

First of l every user in every forum knows about the after sales service of Rashi Peripheral i am not one telling the problem caused by RAshi peripheral.
And 6600 is old card i don't know service of rashi earlier but now its sucks,
Who told that overheating is not covered by warranty?Actually my gfcard fan is not working properly always that's why creating the problem of overheating.

which state are you located in? If your fan has stopped working then you should definately get a replacement. My 6600 was busted due to an earthing fault and in replacement i got a new card, new dvi to vga adaptor, driver cd, and do not disturb door sign all for free. I'm situated near bangalore btw.

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Hey guys I have a XFX 9800GT 256MB GPU purchased last November, but I see that everyone here has a 1GB GPU. So my query is how better a 1GB is than a 256MB? Is it really needful?
Please pardon my stupid question.

Gollum

Collector

Hey guys I have a XFX 9800GT 256MB GPU purchased last November, but I see that everyone here has a 1GB GPU. So my query is how better a 1GB is than a 256MB? Is it really needful?

you need more vram for higher resolution and eyecandy.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

it depends whats your config. but naturally, 256Mb is way too less.

prvprv

Journeyman

How good is ATI Radeon 5450 512MB DDR3 for movie watching and encoding (very less gaming) for a low budget of 3k?
is it compatible with my system(see my signature). any other alternatives within the budget of 3K ??

vwad

In the zone

Hello, Jas Bhai, Sam Bhai, Piyush Bhai :)

Seems thread has grown immensely since my last visit :eek:

Gollum

Collector

How good is ATI Radeon 5450 512MB DDR3 for movie watching and encoding (very less gaming) for a low budget of 3k?
is it compatible with my system(see my signature). any other alternatives within the budget of 3K ??

you can watch movies even on integrated graphics processors.
remember to get the ddr3 version.
this card is compatible with DX11 so it will be good for windows7

Do keep in mind that Nvidia has 3d gaming support which ati currently does not support. But since you need only movie/video playback this card will be good for you.

Top Bottom