Graphics Cards related queries here.

aarnav03

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hello,I am a hardcore gamer and looking for a graphic card of zotac geforce.please suggest me a good graphic card.my budget is 10k

aarnav03

hello,I am a hardcore gamer and looking for a graphic card of zotac geforce.please suggest me a good graphic card.my budget is 10k:?:?:?

I am planning to buy a Galaxy GTX 460 (1GB Version). It is such a great card, if Overclocked, it can perform as good as HD5850. How much does it cost in Delhi?

aarnav03

hello,i am a hardcore gammer and looking for a zotac geforce graphic card.my budget is 5k.please suggest me a good one.:?:?:?:?:?

aarnav03

sorry to say this late.I would like to even tell my pc configration,if you find that i can get something better in my budget of total 25k please tell me:

AMD Athlon 2 x2 550(3.1 GHz)
ASUS M2N68 AM
4 GB Transend RAM
7200 WD HDD(500 GB)
And looking for a graphic card

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ the processor is Phenom II X2, not Athlon II :smile:

BTW, please specify whether your budget is 25k, 5k or 10k? you seem to mess things around posting with different budgets.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I am planning to buy a Galaxy GTX 460 (1GB Version). It is such a great card, if Overclocked, it can perform as good as HD5850. How much does it cost in Delhi?

depends on which brand you want to get-

MSI GTX 460 1GB HAWK is the best one to buy around ~14k.

Zotac GTX 460 1GB should be 12.9k

Also you may get some POV GTX 460 1GB cards.

ssb1551

Technomancer

@aarnav03 - Dude fix on a budget!!How much is it?5k or 10k?coz it does make a helluva difference!!

Piyush

Lanaya

@revolution
zotac is selling it at 10.5k - 11k depending upon the dealers

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

can you post some more detials ?

what gfx card do you have ?

What's your system config ie cpu, mobo etc.

try cpu-z and gpu-z softwares if you unsure about those and post thier screenshots.

BTW, if the game is running well without the patch then just uninstall the patch and don't install it again - it's the most simple way.

clear_lot

Journeyman

hi y'all
i had a xfx 8600gt 512ddr3 card. i was playing with it, trying to solder a 10k resistance to its power IC in hope to increase the voltage and overclock better.:mrgreen:
but i got the solder spread on the chip, ruining my card ("physical damage"). i took it to the local "computer engineer" , and he TOOK OUT THE WHOLE POWER CHIP FROM THE CARD!!

Then i took it to Rashi Peripherals for RMA and THEY ACCEPTED IT FOR RMA!!

since they did not have a replacement for it, THEY ARE OFFERING ME A 9600GT...
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :)) :)):)):)):))

Although they took freaking 40 DAYS for the RMA. man , i love rashi.

i have a 1 year old local INTEX psu 400W ( yeah , we all know how much that 400W really is)

will it be able to support the new card? it does not have a specific PCIE power cable. am planning to use a converter....
is it OK? 9600gt has TDP is 95W. it gets 75W from the slot. so am guessing that the converter may work as it has to give only about 20W.
any thoughts are appreciated

Piyush

Lanaya

^^
:lol:

u r the first guy i have ever seen who is saying :"I LOVE RASHI"
lolzzzzz.........

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

hi y'all
i had a xfx 8600gt 512ddr3 card. i was playing with it, trying to solder a 10k resistance to its power IC in hope to increase the voltage and overclock better.:mrgreen:
but i got the solder spread on the chip, ruining my card ("physical damage"). i took it to the local "computer engineer" , and he TOOK OUT THE WHOLE POWER CHIP FROM THE CARD!!

i have a 1 year old local INTEX psu 400W ( yeah , we all know how much that 400W really is)

will it be able to support the new card? it does not have a specific PCIE power cable. am planning to use a converter....
is it OK? 9600gt has TDP is 95W. it gets 75W from the slot. so am guessing that the converter may work as it has to give only about 20W.

Wow,Rashi is better than fcking Tirupati.....:shock:
Next time I will sure buy from Rashi and it will be a XFX Video card for my bro...:mrgreen:
My bro already got 2 XFX video cards from Rashi.
BTW,where do u from ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ don't even think like that - why ?? read below :

hi y'all

you must be a lucky guy - where do you live ?

In here those jerks ( rashi guys ) charged a guy Rs. 1600 to replace his 8600GT 512MB GDDR3 gfx card with the same model you've gotten for free it should be free for him - so they have just cheated with him - right ? - so they are not offering same level of service every where and it's true for every distributor across the country.

According to your PSU issue - I would recommend you to buy a new one as that's not a great quality PSU - get FSP SAGA II 350W @ 1.5k.

clear_lot

Journeyman

Wow,Rashi is better than fcking Tirupati.....
Next time I will sure buy from Rashi and it will be a XFX Video card for my bro...
My bro already got 2 XFX video cards from Rashi.
BTW,where do u from ?

i am from Delhi.
nvidia dropped xfx from its partners. so choose xfx only for ati.

In here those jerks ( rashi guys ) charged a guy Rs. 1600 to replace his 8600GT 512MB GDDR3 gfx card with the same model you've gotten for free it should be free for him - so they have just cheated with him - right ? - so they are not offering same level of service every where and it's true for every distributor across the country.

yeah its cheating. but you cant really fight them can you? you cant "make them listen" to you. or if you are gutsy, just file a consumer court complaint.
even wrote 5 mails to them. and they didn't reply to any.
anyway, i was offered Rs. 2000 in exchange of a card, but i refused ,as i had paid Rs.4100+tax for it.
and the least card i would buy will be gt240, which is about rs.5000.
but 9600gt is better than this.
just check toms ranking.Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: October 2010

According to your PSU issue - I would recommend you to buy a new one as that's not a great quality PSU - get FSP SAGA II 350W @ 1.5k.

aaah, well. i am completely broke now. dont think can afford this right now. will sadly have to try this fckng intex PSU first.

this is actually my second replacement card!!
i was playing with the first one(the one that i bought) by putting graphite ink on the resistors to lower resistance and increase the voltage and then OC. it got KABOOM,but still RMA'ed.
the second is the one i wrote above.
third is the 9600gt.

i know its old tech now, but really, i aint complaining.:neutral:
just hoping that when i play with this card and damage it, they give me 9800gx2 or some monster.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen

PS: from Delhi.

clear_lot

Journeyman

Got the 9600gt. its in my system as i type this.
but this card did not have any extra pcie connectors on the board.but running fine.
although the card does have a 2 header slot, next to where the gpu fan cable is connected to card. there is a corresponding two pin header cable.
the cable/header is like the ones on the motherboard(like the front panel/hdd indicator). what is its use?

Top Bottom