Graphics Cards related queries here.

sanjay_111

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Asking something just out of curiosity:

I have an integrated chipset Xpress 200 which seems to meet minimum requirement for COH (Geforce 3 is min for COH).

Which Nvidia card is equivalent of this Xpress 200 ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

^If you mean a stand alone card then I suppose a Nvidia Geforce 6200 & in the older AGP lot FX5200 would be almost similar comparable cards.Though each of them would have wee bit more power to handle the games as compared to the Xpress 200 chipset.Believe me you wouldn't want to play COH on these onboards or low end cards as it would crush them in one go.

The minimum requirement mentioned are just the bare minimum to get the game started & don't promise good frame rates even on low settings.So I suggest invest in a better card possibly a 7600GS which is going on sale in Bazaar section is quite a healthy deal IMO.Check it out if you may.;)

sanjay_111

Broken In

allwyndlima said:
^If you mean a stand alone card then I suppose a Nvidia Geforce 6200 & in the older AGP lot FX5200 would be almost similar comparable cards.Though each of them would have wee bit more power to handle the games as compared to the Xpress 200 chipset.Believe me you wouldn't want to play COH on these onboards or low end cards as it would crush them in one go.

The minimum requirement mentioned are just the bare minimum to get the game started & don't promise good frame rates even on low settings.So I suggest invest in a better card possibly a 7600GS which is going on sale in Bazaar section is quite a healthy deal IMO.Check it out if you may.;)

I am going for 8400 GS (for want of more power from SMPS). If COH is slow with xpress 200, then i can imagine what will happen when i try to play more recent ones.

Guys here gave very good advice here and otherwise i would have taken it and gone for SMPS upgrade + 8600 GT (you also said the same thing elsewhere) but since I play strategy games mostly and hardly any action games, I thought 8400 GS would be OK for me.

Thanks for your helpful comments though.

By the way, does anyone know a dealer in Kolkata who will sell it to me and send a technician to instal it at my house. I earlier called a guy with 8500 GT but after he came, I discovered this SMPS problem and only installed the RAM but sent back the graphics card and now he is not taking much interest !

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

no card, i mean no card, can run carbon at max in 1024x768 under 3k dude

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^Utsav get a 6600gt.I think it should play MW at high settings.Man 7300GT(pcie) is available for 3.2k but the agp versions are so damn expensive nowadays.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

6600gt is less than 3k? i didnt know but i dont think it will run at max

utsav

damn busy...

i wanna run most wanted at max without AA and AF turned on

i can spend 4k also but it should be worth it

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

what others options you have is 6800gtx(128mb) @3.4k(itwares.com)
@entrana :bose he said max details at 1280*786 resolution which should not be a problem for 6600gt.BUT BUT the problem is finding agp cards.

utsav

damn busy...

6800xt 256MB is for 3.7k at deltapage

one more thing.i have a 450 watt intex PSU .will it be sufficient for 6600gt or 6800gtx or 6800xt

which is better 6600gt or 6800gtx 128 mb or 6800xt 256mb

Last edited:

hash!!

________

i guess you should look for an agp in the 7 series... cause they had agp versions upto the 7600gt, from what i remember... goin for the 6 series now isnt quite cool, despite the fact that it was a real cool line-up... and well, you might get a 7600gs or 7300gt agp if you look around... i almost bought a x1950pro agp last year for around 10-12k cause i got sick of the dumb 9200 i had, and i was stuck on an agp board... tho you'l have to look around a lottt...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^look at his budget dude 4k I think even 7300gt agp costs in excess of 5k and IMO 6800gt is better than 7300.

utsav

damn busy...

how fast is 7600gt in comparison to 6800xt

i think 6800xt 256 MB is fine for me .can any1 tell me the latest street price of this card.its 3.7k on deltapage.com but i think this is a old price.

Last edited:

hash!!

________

utsav said:
how fast is 7600gt in comparison to 6800xt

i think 6800xt 256 MB is fine for me .can any1 tell me the latest street price of this card.its 3.7k on deltapage.com but i think this is a old price.

oh the 7600gt is a good card... and well, i think i remember buyin a 7600gs for someone a couple of months back for less than 4k... but i guess a 6800xt is better... i looked into its specs and performance... 7600gs comes close to the 6800xt's performance, but the 7600gt can kick the 6800's a$$ hands down... :)
and yeah, im not sure about the rates bro, so i cant say what fits your budget, tho i think the 7600gt's rates must've gone down by now cause of the 8 series... but as i said, i cant be sure... :)

i prefer 8600Gt coz i own it.
all the LATEST games run like malai on it.
but the cost is a bit on the higher side.15-16k or so.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

abtom said:
i prefer 8600Gt coz i own it.
all the LATEST games run like malai on it.
but the cost is a bit on the higher side.15-16k or so.
8600GT costs Rs 6,400.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

abtom said:
guyz,what is the cost of 8800 Ultra,i wanna buy it?
Call Rashi and ask the price.
They have both XFX and ASUS Geforce 8800Ultra.
Check contact info in master hardware contact list.

Top Bottom