Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^if it shoots up to that temperature, it means its not getting proper cooling. try to increase ventiliation or ill give you a tip. open the side of the cabinet and if possible put a table fan beside it. it wud help

sanjay_111

Broken In

My computer has power supply of 300 W, x 16 PCI express slot. Which is the best graphics card I can instal ?

sanjay_111 said:
My computer has power supply of 300 W, x 16 PCI express slot. Which is the best graphics card I can instal ?
mmm......8600gt will do from xfx:D .pretty gud graphic card.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

Harvik780 said:
I checked the corsair site and they have no 720 watt,the max is HX620 watt,are u jocking or u mean the 620watt.
dood the 720w was phased out 2 months ago...due to very low sales...so thts why u cant find the 720 w one on the site:-|

Last edited:

hash!!

________

entrana said:
^^if it shoots up to that temperature, it means its not getting proper cooling. try to increase ventiliation or ill give you a tip. open the side of the cabinet and if possible put a table fan beside it. it wud help

yeaah... i'l second that... it really helps to have a fan blow into your card... that disperses the heat... most cabinets have a small grill thing next to the pcie as a provision for a fan, or just as a vent... you could put an intake fan there... one that sucks air from the outside and blows it in.... but you gotta put in another fan towards to top that acts as an exhaust...

Intake: this should blow air into your cabinet, ideally next to your card...
*img120.imageshack.us/img120/580/20070922443copycu8.th.jpg

Exhaust: sucks air outta the cabinet... ideally towards the top, cause heat rises..
*img233.imageshack.us/img233/8112/20070922444copyth4.th.jpg
sorry about the picture quality... my phone doesnt do well in rooms... :p
hope this helps.. :)

sanjay_111

Broken In

niraj trehan said:
mmm......8600gt will do from xfx:D .pretty gud graphic card.

It won't, it requires a higher power supply !

I checked 8500 GT, it needs minimum of 350 W.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

nish_higher said:
i need a new card.should i buy Ati X1950Pro 512MB or XFX 8600 GTS 256 MB?
i suggest u take 8600gts , although x1950pro isnt bad at all, it is very good

p_d5010

Journeyman

hash!! said:
yeaah... i'l second that... it really helps to have a fan blow into your card... that disperses the heat... most cabinets have a small grill thing next to the pcie as a provision for a fan, or just as a vent... you could put an intake fan there... one that sucks air from the outside and blows it in.... but you gotta put in another fan towards to top that acts as an exhaust...

Intake: this should blow air into your cabinet, ideally next to your card...
*img120.imageshack.us/img120/580/20070922443copycu8.th.jpg

Exhaust: sucks air outta the cabinet... ideally towards the top, cause heat rises..
*img233.imageshack.us/img233/8112/20070922444copyth4.th.jpg
sorry about the picture quality... my phone doesnt do well in rooms... :p
hope this helps.. :)

I have done exactly the same setup in my cabinet, but still the card temperature is 61 idle and 85 load.......should i aply more heatsink paste below the card's fan ?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i dont think u shud apply more heatsink paste, i think ur cabby just has a really bad airflow, try opening the side of the cabinet and place a fan beside it, it shud cool down considerably

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

p_d5010 said:
I have done exactly the same setup in my cabinet, but still the card temperature is 61 idle and 85 load.......should i aply more heatsink paste below the card's fan ?
No never do that,if thermal paste is applied more than what the amount it should
have been applied then it will start acting as an insulator between the core and the heatsink resulting in more heat.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

p_d5010 said:

i have a 2 + half month old xfx 8600GT . me too getting same temps . many others are also getting same temps . i think it can be decided as safe temps ..
for me idle - 62C . load 80-85 max 87C ..so i think this is the normal . but the surprising fact is that many are getting much lower temps even when heavily OCed . neway , if temps decrease after replacement (if u do this ) , tell me . i will also ask for replacement.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

entrana said:
i suggest u take 8600gts , although x1950pro isnt bad at all, it is very good
let me go other way-which one will b best below 12k ?doesnt matter ati or nvidia.considering i wont b upgrading again till next yr.so need a future proof card.all i gotta do is connect 2 monitors and also i'm a casual gamer.all i wanna play is some new games in good res like crysis\stalker\c&c,etc.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

well i reccommend u take the gts, although u can wait a little for nvidias new cards to come out

chicha

High without substance...

This is my spec
AMD AM2 3000+
512*2 DDR2
AGP 6200 256 MB.

now the question is what is the next card i can buy? my budget is arround Rs 5000, i can wait for some time no hurry. But i can not buy a new motherboard so PCI-E is out of question.

i have heard 7300GT is nice.
what is the optimal card for my requirements.
i play lots of games, and i want to view HD too.

Top Bottom