Graphics Cards related queries here.

utsav

damn busy...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

i want either a 6600gt or 6800xt agp as my budget is low and these cards offer best bang for the buck.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

utsav said:
i want either a 6600gt or 6800xt agp as my budget is low and these cards offer best bang for the buck.
What's ur Budget??Please tell that so that i can help.

utsav

damn busy...

bytheway where u stay.can u buy and send me the card.i will pay u extra.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

6800 will be hard to source.U can go for 7300GT (128 BIT AGP).This card gives more performance than 6600GT.

utsav

damn busy...

i want to keep within 3.6k so can u tell abt 6600gt

even a 2nd hand card will do

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Yes I think the AGP version will cost a lot.

I can't help u as all my options are closed,sorry.

utsav

damn busy...

at deltapage.com 6800 xt 256MB agp is for 3.7k.what abt it.i think 6600gt will be less than 3.5k

hash!!

________

the 8800gts 320 mb seems to be as good as the 640mb version... i couldnt believe it at first, but after goin thru all those benchmarks available online, the 640mb gts gives like a minor performance difference, so i think whoever's goin for the 640mb gts should either go for the 320mb oc version, or probably hike their budget and get a gtx...
its weiirdd... i cant seem to figure out why nvidia did this... i mean make the 320mb almost at par with the 640mb... :S

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hash!! said:
the 8800gts 320 mb seems to be as good as the 640mb version... i couldnt believe it at first, but after goin thru all those benchmarks available online, the 640mb gts gives like a minor performance difference, so i think whoever's goin for the 640mb gts should either go for the 320mb oc version, or probably hike their budget and get a gtx...
its weiirdd... i cant seem to figure out why nvidia did this... i mean make the 320mb almost at par with the 640mb... :S
dont go by the benchmark results, the 640mb version offers better performance in games in higher resolutions than the 320mb version one. and its always better to have more texture memory

hash!!

________

entrana said:
dont go by the benchmark results, the 640mb version offers better performance in games in higher resolutions than the 320mb version one. and its always better to have more texture memory

well, in my opinion, theres not a lotta games that have maps and textures that huge... its obviously better to have more memory, and its never enough, but in terms of gaming, i dont think they have that huge textures to be stored during gameplay... and well, im not sayin that the 640 mb is a dumb card... its just that there isnt that big a difference b/w the 320 and 640 when compared, even at high resolutions...

utsav said:
koi to meri help karo yaar
i really think you should go for a pcie board and start saving up for a decent card... change your board, get a pcie version accordin to your processor... trust me man, you'l regret it later if you spend your money on an agp card right now... get a mobo which has a decent onboard graphics accelerator, i had an msi socket am2 board, it had 6200, 256mb oboard... you could play nfsmw,carbon,etc at decent settings with that...
thats what i did... i changed my processor and board cause i was stuck on a dumb agp board for 3 years, then i saved up for a good card...

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back

for the people who are dumb out there , there is vitually no diffrence in fps between 320 MB version & the 640 MB version on resoultion upto 1280 x 1024, even if everything is on max. yes recent updates have helped 8800 GTS 320 MB by fixing little bit of its memory leak. the only diffrence in fps is showed when you try play the game on DX 10 mode on some games & there very few games out there which gives 640 MB fps in DX 9 mode , so if you going to play on 1280 x 1024 , either you are really dumb to go with 640 MB version or you don't want to upgrade your card for long time, pick one.

Have a nice day.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

smit said:
for the people who are dumb out there , there is vitually no diffrence in fps between 320 MB version & the 640 MB version on resoultion upto 1280 x 1024, even if everything is on max. yes recent updates have helped 8800 GTS 320 MB by fixing little bit of its memory leak. the only diffrence in fps is showed when you try play the game on DX 10 mode on some games & there very few games out there which gives 640 MB fps in DX 9 mode , so if you going to play on 1280 x 1024 , either you are really dumb to go with 640 MB version or you don't want to upgrade your card for long time, pick one.

Have a nice day.
Very rude post.We are here to help and not call people dumb.So now i think rashi is a fool cause they have stopped selling the 320MB models.

Who

Guess Who's Back

its not rude but if you have more money to be future proof go ahead & buy a 640 MBversion,also all the PC building guides on the net suggest that you should get a 320 MB for 1240 x 1024. so you think guides written by the experts of guru3d , tomhadware are idiots ? of course not & please i am not intrested in xfx, maybe its a very good brand in india but in US & other countries Evga & inno3D & BFG cards are the best , also i didn't know they have stopped selling them & yes they are fools cause many people don't have money to burn on the 24k 640 MB version.

i play all my games with highest graphix settings.
they run smooth.
and hey,gamez r the new ones.not the outdated ones.
i dont play games much now but the games like rainbow six vegas and splinter cell double agent run well.
What r the other features of 8800 cards?

Who

Guess Who's Back

abtom@ well if you are type who watches movies (HD) more than gaming on the pc , 8600 GT is a better choice for games 8800 GTS is 2 to 3 times faster than 8600 GT but if you enjoy playing games on 1024 x 768 i suggest you should not think of buying a 8800 GTS card for now cause 8600 GT can play most of the games with max settings with decent frams on 1024 x 768 right now.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^very true.Instead of upgrading from 8600gt to 8800 now wait for 8700 or g92 core GPU's to come out.

codeash

Broken In

Okay I see here some 101+ pages and I cannot read them all and see if some one has asked this question before.

My question is short and simple. I have a HP Compaq nx6120 laptop. I was thinking of either selling the laptop and buying a new one or buying a upgrade for video graphic card if that is possible. So i just want to ask can i change the graphic card for a laptop or can i put a external one or something like that.

Top Bottom