Govt releases 3G services rules and guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDEA is present in Delhi, but i guess their customer base is not as large as Vodafone and Airtel. Anyways, its a good news that finally things are moving forward. And if mobile number portability comes in place, situation will be a lot better than today. :)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Hope Airtel gets the spectrum in Delhi. MTNL/BSNL shouldn't have been given a preference as their service can't match that of Airtel and Vodafone.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, Idea users in Delhi won't be missing much. Idea's call rater r preety cheap compared to Airtel or Vodafone...& for Rs 600 we get unltd GPRS/EDGE which can be used in phone as well as PC, I get 24KBps easily when I connect the computer using my friends Nokia 5700 to net. Not a bad deal at such prise

OP
preshit.net

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Hope Airtel gets the spectrum in Delhi. MTNL/BSNL shouldn't have been given a preference as their service can't match that of Airtel and Vodafone.
Not just the service, but their subscriber base too is very small compared to the others. Their market share consists of people who just need to enjoy cheap voice calls.

Well, Idea users in Delhi won't be missing much. Idea's call rater r preety cheap compared to Airtel or Vodafone...& for Rs 600 we get unltd GPRS/EDGE which can be used in phone as well as PC, I get 24KBps easily when I connect the computer using my friends Nokia 5700 to net. Not a bad deal at such prise

Rs. 600? Isn't that a tad bit too much?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Rs. 600? Isn't that a tad bit too much?
For us Mumbai guys that seems expensive. But that is how it is everywhere outside Mumbai. We Mumbai guys are lucky that we get such stuff at much lower rates. I get the same stuff that gx mentioned at 450 bucks per month on Airtel.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
well, idea will try hard to get 3g septrum, by only this way they could become a major player in market. also 3g is a profitable business.

i am glad number portability is comming next year.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Is your iDEA postpaid ???? I have prepaid and dont know of any such offer(600 UL offer). please reply as i need it urgently.

OP
preshit.net

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
For us Mumbai guys that seems expensive. But that is how it is everywhere outside Mumbai. We Mumbai guys are lucky that we get such stuff at much lower rates. I get the same stuff that gx mentioned at 450 bucks per month on Airtel.

I get the same stuff you mentioned for 199/month

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Here in bihar the price for the same GPRS/EDGE is Rs. 250. But the speeds are lame :mad:

ThinkFree

Technomancer

You get the same for Rs. 499 on Airtel with better coverage.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Thats cheap! Spice charges 720bucks pm Unlimited(24 per day). And I'm pretty sure that the speeds and connectivity will suck.

OP
preshit.net

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Yep. I pay Rs. 199/m for Unlimited EDGE on postpaid. Others actually pay Rs. 499/m while prepaid users pay Rs. 450/m (was Rs. 210 previously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom