Govt releases 3G services rules and guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
preshit.net

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
No, I'm on Airtel's 199 Good Value plan.
Voice Plan.
Rental: 199/month
A2M - 30 paise
A2Local - 50 paise
STD - 100 paise

Data Plan
Rs. 199/m

The 199/m data plan is available from Airtel for select customers. It is only available with new connections and you specifically need to 'ask' for the same.

karmanya

Journeyman
I just switched to airtel's 249 plan. which is pretty nice for me since i have a very basic phone
*imshopping.rediff.com/shopping/pixs/4081/b/B100.jpg

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
currently enjoying 249pm unlimited net on Airtel.charges r high on my Delhi sim.hope get 3G for 1000 bucks in Delhi.

george101

Good Boy
Idea GPRS

Offtopic

Well, Idea users in Delhi won't be missing much. Idea's call rater r preety cheap compared to Airtel or Vodafone...& for Rs 600 we get unltd GPRS/EDGE which can be used in phone as well as PC, I get 24KBps easily when I connect the computer using my friends Nokia 5700 to net. Not a bad deal at such prise

Rs.600!!!! u must b kidding me... in kerala its only Rs.9 per day (frm talktime) which wil easily come under Rs.300 per month and for airtel its Rs.250 pm although they dnt hav edge... but fully happy with my idea.... :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I M using Idea prepaid with GPRS at Rs 20/day which is about Rs 600 a month. Right now I don't get EDGE speed in my K750i but I get it in roommates Nokia 5700. I get speed of 25 KBps in phone & when connected to PC. For airtel BB I have to pay total Rs 900 for 256 kbps unltd so Idea EDGE is actually cheaper for me. just that right now I have a K750i with GPRS & going to buy N82 soon with EDGE & 3G

I won't switch to Airtel as there call rates R high.

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Re: Idea GPRS

Offtopic

Rs.600!!!! u must b kidding me... in kerala its only Rs.9 per day (frm talktime) which wil easily come under Rs.300 per month and for airtel its Rs.250 pm although they dnt hav edge... but fully happy with my idea.... :)

It depends on area. Charges vary from Rs. 245 to 499

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hope Airtel gets the spectrum in Delhi. MTNL/BSNL shouldn't have been given a preference as their service can't match that of Airtel and Vodafone.

Yes but unlike private operators they are not Chor either! We get unltd EDGE at 400 rs, taxes included - Complete unltd and all ports open. And MTNL network is way better than !dea here!

And BTW:

*www.ciol.com/Technology/Mobility/F...-3G-in-six-months,-MTNL-in-four/2808108580/0/

Last edited:
OP
preshit.net

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
I'd highly advice against that. Their call rates are usually the cheapest, but so is the service and the network. Your call.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Yes but unlike private operators they are not Chor either! We get unltd EDGE at 400 rs, taxes included - Complete unltd and all ports open. And MTNL network is way better than !dea here!

And BTW:

*www.ciol.com/Technology/Mobility/F...-3G-in-six-months,-MTNL-in-four/2808108580/0/

I will prefer Airtel for Rs. 561(including taxes) for unlimited use , thanks to their better network, services, customer care compared to MTNL or others.

Hmm, should I switch to MTNL? do they have tarrif cards

I won't advise anyone to do so.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Looks like the only Viable option I have left for me is Idea Mobile. Last month I made outgoing calls of 12 hrs (Rs 720) & 700 SMS (300 local & rest with STD cards, Rs 29 for 50 STD SMS), so the total cost was about Rs 1,020 +GPRS charges. Reliance was separate at Rs 500, hmm...I guess I am spending a lot on my phone. Need to control the communication..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom