Got the N82 and I m loving it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
U r on which firmware??

For protection I got my cellphone pasted with a lamination sheet..This is different from lamination...In this a plastic sheet is glued 2 the entire cellphone body including the screen...It just cost 100 bucks...This is giving a gud protection...Apart from this I am using a Nokia leather cover also which I had got for free when I had bought my N82 4m Nokia Priority....

Another thing what I m noticing now is that my N82's battery is getting drained quite quickly...It does not last 4 more than 1.5 - 2 days even with very moderate usage..What must b the cause????? :( :(
Update firmware and keep WLAn scanning off!

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
hey man first of all congrats on the n82...welcome to the club... :)

i have been using n82 since sep...i have v21 firmware...is it necessary to upgrade to v31??i am a bit scared honestly to do it myself because i heard that some people got their phone bricked...screen flashing & all..did anyone here update it at home?This is my first n series phone?last phone i had was nokia 6600 which i used for 4 years...& i heard that nokia service centres take ages to upgrade...is it true?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Updated it at home.. Just like thousands of other people! Its safe! Just dont unplug phone!

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Me too updated it at home...V31 must be surely better than v21...
Just connect the phone to the USB port and start the Software Updater from PC Suite...Ensure that the phone is fully charged before connecting it 2 the PC...The firmware will be downloaded...It is about 117 MB...After it has been downloaded, the new firmware will be tranferred 2 the phone by the updater...

Very important: Don't disconnect the phone or fiddle with the USB Cable or do anything that will disconnect the phone from the PC while this process is going on especially when the new firmware is being loaded to the phone.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
And most importantly leave the phone in General Profile. Take backup. The whole process after downloading the firmware should take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. During which your screen might be blank for the whole process. Just dont panic or press any buttons on the phone. Until the update is successful.

rajhot

S60 rocks
hey man first of all congrats on the n82...welcome to the club... :)

i have been using n82 since sep...i have v21 firmware...is it necessary to upgrade to v31??i am a bit scared honestly to do it myself because i heard that some people got their phone bricked...screen flashing & all..did anyone here update it at home?This is my first n series phone?last phone i had was nokia 6600 which i used for 4 years...& i heard that nokia service centres take ages to upgrade...is it true?

If u r under warranty take it to u neares nokia care centre..it'll take around 30 mins

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Is there any way that when I click photos with my N82 cam, then the date on which the photo is being taken gets stamped upon it??? I really want this...

This feature is present in my K750i..How 2 get this in my N82?? R there any third party apps for this purpose?? :confused: :confused:

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The filename is created by date.. :)

No I am not talking about the filename dude...I want that the date should be embossed (stamped) on the photo itself after clicking....So just by seeing the photo only, one can come 2 know on which date it was taken...

Is this possible in N82??? :confused: :confused:

utsav

damn busy...
No I am not talking about the filename dude...I want that the date should be embossed (stamped) on the photo itself after clicking....So just by seeing the photo only, one can come 2 know on which date it was taken...

Is this possible in N82??? :confused: :confused:

That is known as date imprint function. I think thr must be some app which can do it. I also need that but too busy to search

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Does N82 support 16 GB card??

How much will a Sandisk 16 GB cost??

Just check this Sandisk product compatibility page here...

*sandisk.in/Compatibility/DeviceList.aspx?DeviceTypeID=1007&ManufacturerID=1130

Does N82 support 8 GB or not???? Its not given in the list even...:confused: :confused:

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
Does N82 support 16 GB card??

How much will a Sandisk 16 GB cost??

Just check this Sandisk product compatibility page here...

*sandisk.in/Compatibility/DeviceList.aspx?DeviceTypeID=1007&ManufacturerID=1130

Does N82 support 8 GB or not???? Its not given in the list even...:confused: :confused:

Arey bhai so many ppl r using 8GB cards wid thr N82. Even 16GB works fine. 16GB costs 3.2 to 3.5k so not worth it. N82 will support upto 32GB so get 8GB now which is worth the price.

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
From where can I get 8 GB card for my N82?? Is it available at outlets such as Nokia Priority and Mobile Store etc.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom