Got the N82 and I m loving it

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Yup dude..i accept .. anyways i was the first one with n82 here on this forum raving about it since dec 2007 ..n85 build quality sucks .. no doubt abt it ..Not even mighty n95 8gb can match n82 ..period..and changing it for n95 8gb and n85 was a big mistake .. candybar form factor rocks ..

Last edited:
OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The N82 is a gr8 all round phone and no phone can challenge its cam in the 5 MP category. A gr8 all rounder.

@yogi..Infact when u had changed over 2 N95 and then 2 N85, I was wondering that why did u do this in the first place when u had a real masterpiece in your hand in the form of N82. Welcome back 2 the N82 club...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@uppalpankaj- Actually after using n82 for 10 months, i needed a change but then as i said, u cant change n82 for any other handset.

Is ver 31 that much better than ver 30 firmware. My n82 is november manufactured and has ver 30 installed. Should i upgrade it to ver 31? My net connection is very tricky these days, not stable at all. Hence dont wanaa take any chance.

mediator

Technomancer
^The net connection matters only when you are downloading the upgrade i.e when it shows "MB completed". I have removed the cable connection like thrice during that period. The cable connection matters when it is installing into the phone.

Power UP

In the zone
@uppalpankaj- Actually after using n82 for 10 months, i needed a change but then as i said, u cant change n82 for any other handset.

Is ver 31 that much better than ver 30 firmware. My n82 is november manufactured and has ver 30 installed. Should i upgrade it to ver 31? My net connection is very tricky these days, not stable at all. Hence dont wanaa take any chance.

Welcome back dude. See Nokia produces from time to time a few exceptional masterpieces but also lot of duds too :grin:

And true v31 is better than v30. Aside from minor changes like slightly better stability,music and battery life, one very easy noticeable change you will see that is in v30 , (probably its a bug) that when battery indicator looses a few bars the rest disappears quite quickly. Only an minor annoyance but thankfully its fixed in v31.
So v31 is more like improving the total experience.

And buddy, i suggest you give your phone to service center. Its much safer this way.

Third Eye

gooby pls

Even if you lose connection while updating,you can restore it.My connection stopped in the middle and nsu told me to remove the battery and plug again, after doing so,the update started again from where it was stopped.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
No probs guys, updated mine to ver 31 today. Actually pretty familiar with this update procedure. Just that i am in a no mood to visit the friendly nokia care centre again. Also I will again like to state that with sen cx400, there is absolutely no difference in sound quality between n85 and n82. n82 is infact a bit louder than n85 with cx400. Hence better sound quality in n85 is not an advantage if u use good quality earphones like sen cx400.

And n82 cam is clearly much better than n85 not even considering the lovely xenon flash.I will much rather have "xenon flash" in my phone than these newly found "dual led"flash setups. Only practical advantage of these dual led setups is u can record usable videos in total dark and use those leds as torch.I believe the dual led setup of n85 is among the brighest and still it was no match for xenon for obvious reason.

The upcoming n86 has third generation dual led setup with range of upto 3.5 meters. But still i dont think it can match the xenon of n82. Nice read below ..

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/9305_Quantifying_the_improvements_i.php

I have a gut feeling this n86 would be a pretty decent phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom