Got job in Delhi, now moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gx-I have no idea about places in Delhi :( Asking me is useless.But i know a bit about north Delhi areas like Rohini,Pitampuram,Prashant Vihar.And of course Palika bazaar:D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@Gx:Its better take a independent accommodation considering you have a 5th requirement. else there would be lot of complaints from roommates :p

just joking

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, then I have told that gal today to look for a good PG with proper food in Lazpat Nagar. If I can get a Good P.G. with food for 5K in Lazpat Nagar, I will take it.

4 years back when my sister was in Delhi, I used to go with her once in a while to lazpat nagar market, near that Cinema Hall 3C. The market is near so buying everyday items & packed food shouldn't be a problem then. I don't shop much & neither are my requirments very high. I will buy an electric kettle & stove from Delhi only.

The plan so far is that I will stay in P.G for about 2 months close to my office in GK2. In these 2 months I will shift all my stuff from Lucknow to Delhi including my Workstation & Bike. Bike is important else it will just eat rust in Lucknow. Then me, my friends from Dwarka & brother will shift somewhere close in a rented home.

My workstation will be one stop solution for everything as the way I have made it. For first 2 months I will use IDEA GPRS on my mobile phone only then buy an Airtel Postpaid SIM for using Airtel Mobile office with EDGE on computer. I will also buy a K850i ASAP

VD17

Journeyman
Hey GX, you can try Lajpat Nagar - II, Amar Colony, East of Kailash etc. These places are close to each other and have many PGs. And Amar Colony, Lajpat Nagar - 4, East of Kailash and Dayanand Colony are closer to Nehru place than Lajpat Nagar - II (where the central market is). Although I dont know how good the PG for guys are (this place is full of PG for girls). I currently live in Amar Colony in a rented flat (2 bedrooms)... We pay 5K (give or take 1K) for the rent, the food (we have a cook who comes in and makes the stuff), cleaning and most of the groceries. So sharing a flat is also a good option ere although the rent here in south Delhi is exorbitant as compared to, say, east Delhi like Mayur Vihar and all. But then again, they're quite far.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ 5K for a 2 bedroom flat, hmm...seems good enough for me, 3 people can easily live in it & share the cost. The Gal did tell me about Amar Colony that I can find good flats there.

Cleaning I can do on my own. Food I can make on my own but till I get my utensils I can't.

Let met talk to my "new contact from metro" :D

VD17

Journeyman
We spend 5K individually. Our rent, including electricity (we run a cooler full time, computer, tv and refridgerator) comes to around 11K. All other stuff included it comes to 5K per person (includes stuff like newspaper bills, internet bill, cable, cook, cleaning and groceries). At max it would go to 5.3K.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That will get quite costly & I will need to look for a room mate preety quick. My friends from Dwarka can come only by August else I will have to shift to Dwarka.

Can U guys find me a good PG with food close to GK2 area? If something like this is available then I will directly land in that PG only on 26th May.

karmanya

Journeyman
I hate how its so much easier to find girls-only PG's than guys or co-ed PG's.
keep in mind that delhi PG's are a lot more expensive than a couple of other cities.
check out this link-*www.indiaproperty.com/index.php?option=listing&page=acurlviewlisting&listingid=IA203436

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Co-Ed PG is also fine for me, I can live with both guys & gals or with gals alone :D.

This is true indeed, finding a girls PG is much easier then finding a boys PG. hum boys kahan jayen??

VD17

Journeyman
Sure, i'll try to find something for you. By the way just to give you an idea of things here, there are flats available in a variety of ranges. A single room with bathroom can cost you around 4K if you get lucky. Since you'll be coming in the end of may, PG's and flats are easier to find during month ends and beginnings. I'll keep my eyes open for single room accomodations too if they seem reasonable.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Sure, i'll try to find something for you. By the way just to give you an idea of things here, there are flats available in a variety of ranges. A single room with bathroom can cost you around 4K if you get lucky. Since you'll be coming in the end of may, PG's and flats are easier to find during month ends and beginnings. I'll keep my eyes open for single room accomodations too if they seem reasonable.

That would be really helpful. If it works out I will direcly go to PG only. My requirment in a PG room are

1) A Bed or bedding
2) One Almira & shelf
3) Desert Cooler will do
4) Good Food (a must requirment)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Emergency digiters, nature emergency...

I m leaving Lucknow on May 25 & will go to my friend's place in Dwarka. Between May 26th & May 31 I need to find a P.G or Room on rent for boys somewhere in GK1, Kalkaji, Lazpat Nagar, Amar Colony. Rent is preferred but not too high. Even one room will do. My requirments aren't much high either in the initial stage.

I need all the help I can get from you guys, if you know of such P.G or Rent appartments then let me know here. PM me the phone number of the person to talk to....

Personally I prefer staying close to the home of some users from digit forum in the above mentioned area cos I don't know much people in Delhi. At least initially I can take help in settling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom