Got job in Delhi, now moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD17

Journeyman
woah.. huge post... short of time so i'll reply to just few things right now...

I'm using the MTNL 749NU plan.. good speed but the limit is the damper... night unltd. is an upside... and also in my area (amar colony) airtel bb aint that good.. i noticed that they screw up when the density of connections is higher...
yeah.. get your bike... we got ours and commuting is dirt cheap now..
well here these guys employ a different technique for recovery of bills.. they'll call and pester you at first.. and then one fine day you'll get a call on your alternate number from patiala house court telling you that the recovery agency has filed a suit against (that is if you do not receve the summon sooner). my friend forgot a bill of 1300 and they sued him for 13K. he paid the bill and they withdrew the case. A neighbour who has a reliance had a similiar issue.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Bill Payment won't be a problem, I got an Airtel Office next to my home in Dwarka. I can pay the postpaid bill there the day I get the bill at home printed.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
for internet, try getting a Tata or reliance USB modem:)
maybe BSNL also, if available there.

my friends uses Bsnl EVDO usb modem.he gets speeds around 1.5mbps(promised speed 2mbps) and charges are Rs.500/- per month for a unlimited connection.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, I reached Lucknow today morning, met all the old friends & bank balance is nil cos they all took treat.....

I m taking my computer with me to Delhi on this round. There are only 5 things which need to be taken there, CPU, Monitor, Headphone, Mouse & Keyboard. I was using head phones in Lucknow but in Delhi I will be needing a good pair of speakers which also need to look good. I was eying on Creative Gigaworks T20,T40 & HD50...anyone knows what the cost is?

karmanya

Journeyman
I can give you the number for the official sennhieser dealer for Delhi if you'd like.
I would go to Nehru Place and check out prices there.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I m inclining towards Creative more as they look great. Personally I will still prefer my headphones but roommates would obviously prefer to use speakers.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Need help immediately

My Idea SIM is blocked.
I got a SMS & call from Idea office that my Documents have been rejected & I need to re-submit them in few days. I did submitted the documents few days back & still nothing has happened & my phone was disconnected after I submitted the documents.

I want to switch to something else now. I checked Airtel Postpaid Rs 444 plan, it suits me but STD SMS are at Rs 1.5 which is very costly & as far as I know, Airtel has no SMS card which can reduce the cost. 80% of my SMS are STD.. Idea has a plan in which by paying Rs 29 I get 50 Free STD SMS. Does Airtel prepaid or postpaid has any such plan?

Also, I can also switch to Vodafone here as the Vodafone EDGE service is good in Dwarka side. How is Vodafone???

Does Vodafone has service similar to Idea like these

1) Unlimited EDGE internet on mobile & Computer @ Rs 600(max a month, Rs 20 per day)

2) Rs 31 Call rate card to make Local & STD calls at Rs 1

3) Rs 29 STD SMS card for 50 STD SMS

4) Rs 35 SMS card for 300 local SMS.

I mostly need to do STD SMS & Calls, so cheap STD SMS is required which Idea is providing me, I hope Vodafone has such plan.

I need Unlimited Internet which is a must so if if my documents are cleared for Idea then I am activating the Unlimited Net at Rs 20 a day plan. At Rs 600 a month I get Unlimited EDGE internet which is fixed & along with it I can use Prepaid as required.

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
*www.sony.co.in/section/servicecenters

Sony Service Center About Sony Service Center »
LAJPAT NAGAR DELHI INSIDE
K-15 LAJPAT NAGAR II NEW DELHI
Phone : 26991205
VIKAS MARG INSIDE
NO.1 DAYANAND VIHAR VIKAS MARG EXTENSION NEW
DELHI
KARAMPURA DELHI INSIDE
I - 291 MAIN ROAD KARAMPURA NEW DELHI
Authorised Service Center
SHRI AMBA SERVICES PVT. LTD.
POCKET 40/55 C. R. PARK NEW DELHI
Phone : (011) 51600217
ACE ELECTRONIC SERVICES
J 3/7 RAJOURI GARDEN NEW DELHI
Phone : (011) 55479450
CLUB ELECTRONICS
E-25 SOUTH EXTENSION PART II MAIN MARKET
NEW DELHI
Phone : (011) 26261324
HITEL VISION PVT.LTD.
27/4 NANGIA PARK SHAKTI NAGAR NEW DELHI
Phone : (011) 23841919, 011-23845028
A.P.NETWORK SERVICES
BASEMENT 1 PLOT NO.5 SAGAR COMPLEX( LOCAL
SHOPPING CENTR NEW RAJDHANI ENCLAVE OPP.
SAGAR RA NEW DELHI
Phone : (011) 22040318, 011-2043246
STAR ELECTRONICS
B-3 C-BLOCK COMMUNITY CENTER NEAR C-BLOCK
GURUDWARA NARAIANA VIHAR NEW DELHI
Phone : 25884450

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
C.R. Park's service center is closest to my office, I hope they will change my Phone's Joystick & body.

I bought HPM-75 from Sony World in Hauj Khas today.

I didn't look for SE Service center here today. I need to change my K750i's joystick, is it a good to get it changed from Gaffar Market or should I change it in SE Service Center. In lucknow SE service center said it can be changed for Rs 500, should I go for it or go to gaffar market, I don't think they will change it for Rs 200 in G.M anyway

Last edited:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Hey, i just saw this tread 2day. Welcome 2 Delhi!!!!
Meet u day after 2moro.

:)

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
@gx_saurav
Me too came to delhi and living in dwarka..regarding your phone problem..take my words..I have never encountered such a bizarre service from Vodafone..DO NOT OPT FOR IT.

I purchased the vodafone from a mini store in sector 10 market..that a#$ told me it wil be activated in 2 hours..when contacted Vodafone they told a verification officer will come to my place after 3 days..once the process is done, the sime gets activated..after 3 days the officer came, asked my sis why they need another vodafone since they hv 2 other numbers from them. my sis replied to that and the officer told that he needs to meet my uncle and then only can submit the papers.

So one fine sunday went to vodafone store in sector 12, verified ourselves, and that happy to help agent told the sim will get activated after 3 days..its already been 7 days without a sim and stil more 3 days..so waited and stil nothing on the 3rd day..so called happy to help..they asked whether I purchased the sim from a dealer..I said yes..he blankly told then we cant help you in this issue and go to the vodafone store and check..bullshit.

what a way to help. the next day went to vodafone store at 7.55 in the eve and already the shutters are down..so was thinking wat to do..to my surprise, saw a airtel store right opp to the vodafone..went ther..told my needs, roaming and std is needed.

The polite agent gave me a plan 599.

first 599 rs is free.
plus 100 minutes roaming free.

after 599 rs, everything is one rupee.
even incuming and outgoing while roaming is 1 rupee.

immediately opted for it..since we have airtel landline, they didn't get the security deposit or activation charges too. good service.

the agent told the sime wil get activated the next day by 1 pm. the verification will come in 2 days.

as the agent told, the same happened. now everything is set right and I am a happy airtel cu.

initially my credit limit was 500, then yesterday I checked it was showing as 1300. awesome.

Pls go for AIRTEL.

Oops..was looking to shed out my worries reg VODAFONE which resulted in this long post.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, I have decided to stay with Idea only. The phone plans of Idea suit my needs the best. This month I messaged 150 STD SMS 7 I paid Rs 90 for it. In Vodafone or Airtel I would have required to pay Rs 300 for 150 SMS. Idea is good for me. The network might be bad but I don't find it bad, I don't makie many local calls either, I get calls instead.

I need help, serious help. Where is Sony Ericsson Authorised Service Center in Delhi close to GK2/Nehru Place or Dwarka? I need to get my K750i's joystick & body changed. The ones given above are for Sony Consumer electronics.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I tried looking for that service center but wasn't able to find any. Can anyone tell me exact address of the service center & where it is? I can go then.

I took Airtel broadband here in my home but due to some disputes with my roommates I won't be going for a shared connection with them. They have there own connection while I m taking my own separate connection. I am buying it for 4 months only because as soon as I get my Nokia N82, I will switch to Idea EDGE or Airtel Moblile office. Rs 600 for net in my phone as well as computer is a gr8 deal for me as I am at office in morning where I already have net & I need net at home only in nights & on weekends.

VD17

Journeyman
Saurav, I don't exacttly know where K-15 Lajpat nagar is but I think that if you get in the area, people can guide you.
I noticed from the list above that they have one at South EX - 2 as well... that should be easy to find... South ex-2 main market isn't too obscure so you can have a look there as well.. and its not too far from lajpat nagar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom