Got job in Delhi, now moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
gx_saurav said:
or wait in line for Bus
Nah you wont ave to do that, no one waits for a bus in a queue here.

BTW did yo look at my Dolphin related reply in your original thread? It is much more affordable than Airtel.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I've a small doubt and I didn't want to open a new thread.. (hope GX doesn't mind)

- How far is the H.Nizamuddin Railway Station from the Delhi (not New Delhi) Railway Station? What's the time taken to travel?
- Is there metro along that route?
- If I've to take an auto, how much should I pay (We'll have our baggages too)?

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Dolphin? Does it support GPRS???

I've a small doubt and I didn't want to open a new thread.. (hope GX doesn't mind)

- How far is the H.Nizamuddin Railway Station from the Delhi (not New Delhi) Railway Station? What's the time taken to travel?
- Is there metro along that route?
- If I've to take an auto, how much should I pay (We'll have our baggages too)?

Nizamuddin is abt 10 kms from Old Delhi Railway Station. Autowalas wud ask for 100rs+. I'd advise you to take taxi, the ones that are operated by the govt. I mean u need to register inside the station only and you pay, get reciept, tk taxi, and giv him the reciept. Autowalas are basically chor ppl.. Overcharging and drunk driving is the norm.
You can chek the map here *www.mapmyindia.com/online/?from=ni...d delhi railway station&via=&type=best&q=dir#

Theres NO METRO along that route.

drgrudge

^^
Thanks. Rs 100 for a 10 km ride is too much. I thought rick ppl are the worst in Chennai!

enticer86

Stay Silent!
^^
Thanks. Rs 100 for a 10 km ride is too much. I thought rick ppl are the worst in Chennai!

You are in for a very rude shock buddy... and haan, if u r coming from chennai, do keep in mind "northies are helpful and gud too" coz generally ppl from south india hav a feeling that north indians are this and that.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
I have decided that I will buy Airtel SIM in Delhi. How is it? I will activate net on Phone for Rs 99 in it, & will activate mobile office once I get my computer to there. I will be using it with my Sony Ericsson K750i & GPRS only till I buy a SE K850i

Airtel provides the best GSM service in Delhi at present (though Vodafone is catching up fast and GPRS speed is a bit faster). But make sure that you would get EDGE where you are going to stay otherwise speed would be pathetic. Tata Indicom would be better option for such place(average speed 15KBps)

drgrudge

You are in for a very rude shock buddy... and haan, if u r coming from chennai, do keep in mind "northies are helpful and gud too" coz generally ppl from south india hav a feeling that north indians are this and that.
This is the fourth time, I'll be in Delhi. :p I love Delhi.

Anyway we're proceeding to Kashmir. While returning, we just have half a day which I'm planning to visit Indian Gate or Qutab Minar + Lotus Temple (dunno if we'll time for this). Our hotel is booked in Karol Bagh. Last time also we took metro to Indian Gate and enjoyed the evening there. Will do that this time also. :D

Train from Jammu arrives at 11:30 AM and Train to Chennai leaves at 10:30 PM. Keep in mind that we need to have food and be in the Railway Station latest by 10 PM. So would you suggest Qutab Minar? (Not interested in Red Fort + Jama Masjid)

enticer86

Stay Silent!
So would you suggest Qutab Minar? (Not interested in Red Fort + Jama Masjid)

See if my opinion matters, and if I'd seen both of these places, I'd bunk them now. In any other case, I'd suggest the Red Fort area- u'd have ample options for eating in Old Delhi too :D

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Congratulations buddy. Welcome to NCR.
Regarding GPRS the cheapest plan available here is Idea corporate @100 Rs unlimited GPRS per month ( on mobile as well as on pc). Go for it if you can get it as it is only available if you are working in any company (not available for General Public)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^^Is that GPRS or EDGE?

And can I be working in any company to get that plan or is it required that company and Idea have a tie up? As in how do I get the plan?

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Its GPRS 115 kbps max speed. Normal speed vary from 56 to 80 kbps. Usually tie up is necessary but you can contact Idea sales executives to offer the service in your company.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I applied on the site, though I do not think a tie up would be something I can work out. In any case only GPRS means that the speeds would be crappy! Seems MTNL is still better for unlimited internet on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom