Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Getting everything after all of us know... Its very pathetic that you compare SR2 with GTA4.. :D
I bet you still miss a lot in GTA 4. Just digg more and you'll get them all.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
melodrama+excellent gameplay=dmc3. nothing can beat it till now.excellent masterpiece by capcom.
Told you so. This would always be my most memorable DMC game. Even more than DMC 4 could ever be. Oh btw did I mention that I just beat Sanctus on DMD mode with no health Damage & securing SSS rank & scoring 2,99,000 odd points? :-D

Gaurav_rip

Broken In
hey all!!
i m currently playin dark sector , wanted(last stage left).
how is velvet assasin and spiderman:web of shadows???

quan chi

mortal kombat
Told you so. This would always be my most memorable DMC game. Even more than DMC 4 could ever be. Oh btw did I mention that I just beat Sanctus on DMD mode with no health Damage & securing SSS rank & scoring 2,99,000 odd points? :-D

well congratulations.:D.now try dmc3 on that mode.
i think its the one hit mode (as in dmc3) where in one hit you will get killed and so will be your enemy.which means faster gameplay one hit boss kill.

but your accuracy and style should be perfect.
i would suggest try vergil.:D he is more difficult to master than dante. has less weapon and style.but if mastered he is more devastating than 10 dantes.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Unfortunately I have the PS2 version & that is Dante's Awakening. This version doesn't allow us to play as Vergil. :-(

Anyway I would love to try beating final Vergil without any health damage. But that would be a very long time before I do that. I need to master Beowulf & Rebellion combo's properly. Not to mention, getting to know the styles better. For now, I can't seem to do that without my ass being handed to me by Vergil. He is pure destruction machine. It's tough to counter his moves at times, but I will keep trying.

Back to topic:
Got X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Now for things I love to the the best, Hack & Slash. :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^Dude... BeoWulf is that gauntlet right ? It's amazing but yeah, its kinda tough to master... I didnt use that much. My fav. weapons have to be Agni and Rudra :D

Gaurav_rip

Broken In
Finished Wanted
kinda ok-ish game, though d moves are slick and cool

Started playin X-men Origins: Wolverine,cool game!!
thnx fr d comments abt spidey!!
is dere any other game i should definetly play???

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yep. It's the devil arm we receive after defeating the boss Beowulf. It's extremely effective against Vergil's 3rd form. Especially when he starts regenerating his health when in his DT'd form. Using Beowulf's Killer Bee move 3 times knocks him out of his DT'd form instantly.

Anyway I just played through X-Men Origins: Wolverine for like an hour now & WOAH! I'm totally zomed. It's fantastic, least to say. So much action in the very first hour is simply amazing. The game looks good & plays pretty smoothly as well. But that's not the point to focus on right now. What I'm here to talk about it is the level of gore & brutal action in this game. It's like Logan is on super steroids & has unleashed rampage. The kills are extremely brutal. Decapitating enemies is like breaking thin wafer sticks for this guy.

For all the hack-en-slash lovers, get this one ASAP. It's been hell of a long time since we got a half-decent X-Men game. With the earlier ones being half-arsed ports, I had given up all hope. After playing this game, I have some more faith in Raven Software thankfully. :smile:

I just completed one huge boss fight & trust me it was no cakewalk. This boss was like huge. I'll have the screenshots in a while now. Graphically, it shares the traditional ultra-shiny texture look to it which almost all the UE3 games sport. The only graphic setting you'll find is resolution change. NO AA & NO AF. So force it or do whatever you want, it won't help much. Nevertheless, it still looks pretty good. Clipping issues still persist from time to time.

Optimisation is thankfully well done. I retain 62fps on an average with minor hic-ups here & there. So rest assured, it isn't power hungry. Gameplay is a mix of almost every hack-en-slash title available. So far I was only able to increase my health & gain a rage ability. Rage allows us to perform insane spinning claw combos for a certain time. It diminishes when the bar below the health meter depletes. You can gain them later on by killing more enemies. You can perform some lunge manoeuvres which allow you to throttle in mid air & perform a dash attack. This is superb if you're able to perform it on an enemy who is in mid-air. You can actually intercept him & beat the crap out of him.

There are abilities to gain & upgrade later on in the games as well. So something pretty much "inspired" from Devil May Cry series. Also a noteworthy feature called 'Feral sense' is added wherein it will show you the direction you need to head into (if you're lost) & also allows you to reveal interactive objects. Animations are smoothly rendered. So no issues there. This is probably the most brutal X-Men game I have ever seen. A must have for gore fan.

El Screenshoto

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36844_w0pr4/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-16-50-76.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36845_zdztj/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-17-04-82.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36846_outts/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-17-42-25.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36851_av7lg/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-21-21-93.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36852_rdeal/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-21-25-57.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36853_k4hrp/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-21-32-18.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36854_ct8us/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-25-01-82.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36855_wq8ub/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-50-57-51.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36856_fwz6j/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-50-59-23.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36857_8xzlq/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-56-38-68.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36858_zhru6/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-56-41-43.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36859_j4jwe/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2022-59-47-98.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36860_5mntj/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2023-00-13-95.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/36861_xjahd/Wolverine%202009-05-02%2023-02-02-57.jpg

Gaurav_rip

Broken In
Yeah i totally agree.:razz:
When Wolverine gets hit d wounds and all look soo authentic and even d healin luks totally awesome!!!!
Hack an' Slash is d theme of dis game.
The game actually brings out the real wolfish side of the till-now only a little uncivilised character. One gud game for xmen fans.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Will get Wolverine by tomorrow... currently playing Velvet Assassin, Himan Blood Money and GTA IV. Thinking to get my PS2 repaired so that I can play DMC3 and Smackdown VS Raw 2008 in MP with my friends :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom