Forum Improvement Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I think the forum is good as it is... the mods are also doing their work well. Two things I would like to mention (they already mentioned though) :-

1) Try and make it a little faster
2) Please allow us to use BB Code and images, flash stuff in sigs.... that would be good.

Thats all. I dont have much complains with the forum/admins/mods.

red_devil

Back!
1. Prune up old posts [already mentioned] --- appoint some more mods if you want [temporary basis] to help you out on this ....

2. Appoint new mods[or atleast show us some proof that most of the current greens are active !!] ... particularly during the day time when some greens have their own work to do [not blaming them at all]...

3. any chance of getting rid of these ads ?? [i know the revenue bit is present...but they're kinda annoying on a browser used out of the box :)) ]

4. if you're re organizing the layout, can we have a FLAME THREAD/SECTION ?? some place where we can continue FLAMING without risking a BAN :p [lowest priority...but we do need a true "FIGHT CLUB" to get some stuff cleared out...]

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Just want to add one more thing:

Don't make this thread just another like this one:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85042

Such a huge thread with so many complains and suggestions, but no one is there to listen.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
1. Prune up old posts [already mentioned] --- appoint some more mods if you want [temporary basis] to help you out on this ....

2. Appoint new mods[or atleast show us some proof that most of the current greens are active !!] ... particularly during the day time when some greens have their own work to do [not blaming them at all]...

3. any chance of getting rid of these ads ?? [i know the revenue bit is present...but they're kinda annoying on a browser used out of the box :)) ]

4. if you're re organizing the layout, can we have a FLAME THREAD/SECTION ?? some place where we can continue FLAMING without risking a BAN :p [lowest priority...but we do need a true "FIGHT CLUB" to get some stuff cleared out...]

prunning old threads is not a good idea... espeically in a tech forumm..c oz there are huge no of QnA .... loads of question asked... and answered... so wht if some one is comming to see it...

but prunning can be done in Chitchat section .. more over its not the reall problem .. since its the digit who is going to take care of the space and cost of running the site...

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
I feel that the very first and topmost priority is to add/delete mods to/from list. I can't say the same for the admins.

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
WTF i dont think any Admin will pay a heed to this thread
This Forum has become a mess i.e many active and contributing members have left this forum even i visit this forum occasionally
This forum has lost its charm and it can only be brought back by admins who don't pay any attention
I know mods Cant do much so no point in blaming them

So Its my sincere Request to ravi to make a forum and allow it to be hosted on his server :) so that we all Can say bbye to Digit Forum

Regards
Saurabh kakkar

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
1.Update the vbulletin
2. *www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=172978
The Good Classic Kirsch Theme that we used to have earlier..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Two things from my side:
1.) Revert to the older look. (Phpbb was it?)
2.) More smileys (gif smileys especially)

red_devil

Back!
why are you guys so keen on having new smileys ??? its not THAT high priority requirement... lets have a solid bug free(at least partially) forum first .. .then maybe we could have all the eye candy...

@naveen_reloaded pruning is necessary mate...chit chat being the prime contender .. but we also need to clean up from some other sections too...like Tech News, Random News etc... i mean what was "news" about a couple of years ago isn't so anymore !!!
QnA and other sections only need a small amount of clean up and not as much as Chit chat does.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
why are you guys so keen on having new smileys ??? its not THAT high priority requirement... lets have a solid bug free(at least partially) forum first .. .then maybe we could have all the eye candy...
It's a request & not a demand. Everyone has their own preferences. I, for one, have a great affinity towards forum smileys. It's great fun to have those quirky little smileys. I don't see a reason why we can't post our views when it's a question on forum improvements. BTW these are only suggestions & not everything would be implemented at once. So none of us have made this to be on high priority.

raksrules

Youngling
Take cue from other forums (like TE) and reorganize this to include more specific sections (like ISP talk etc)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Some more suggestions:

1) Bring a good theme.
2) Big avatar alongwith image signature.
3) Unique user titles alongwith cool graphics like ubuntu coffee beans.
4) More subsections. E.g within Opensource there should be Fedora, Ubuntu etc.
5) Super Mods should be lessened. Keep only the most active one's.

red_devil

Back!
It's a request & not a demand. Everyone has their own preferences. I, for one, have a great affinity towards forum smileys. It's great fun to have those quirky little smileys. I don't see a reason why we can't post our views when it's a question on forum improvements. BTW these are only suggestions & not everything would be implemented at once. So none of us have made this to be on high priority.

hey don't get me wrong...it is fun having those smileys yes..and you can post your views too..again not a problem...what i said was we need to first set right all the basic stuff ..vbulletin upgrade etc then move onto eye candy..

nothing personal at all mate

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I got that part but you need to realise that everything won't go in the order that we want. People will keep pouring in their opinions (which as of now seem plenty) & eventually the mods/admins would have the final call to implement which they find feasible. Hence the post. Nothing personal from my earlier post either. ;)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I would like the amount of coding to be trimmed. If I save the text alone (html), text file alone takes ~240kb. :O

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmmm...
I agree that the forum needs more smileys and an image signature...
Although many of the other suggestions are more urgent...
keeping in mind the suggestions from the previous thread as well

@Rhitwick, we are always working on the forum in the background.

@everyone else, pleae continue posting suggestions.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yippie :D

Please list out already done improvements in first post when you are done with them. That will make it easier to see what has been done till now.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The forum is too slow to load even on the broadband. Fixing this must be the first priority. By the time the page is loaded, you've almost lost your libido.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom