Forum Improvement Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Another bug:
If a user hasn't put anything in his signature, then no matter how many times he edits his posts other users don't get to know about that.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
LOL..... I never knew that :D
Vbulletin is supposed to be most secure and no bug forum script. I am sure, the webmaster of digit has installed any non-supported plugin or edited vbulletin files for custom requirement.

I will suggest:
uninstall all plugins -> upgrade to latest VB -> install only supported plugins -> change theme -> edit header .phpand footer.php files as per requirement.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
LOL..... I never knew that :D
Vbulletin is supposed to be most secure and no bug forum script. I am sure, the webmaster of digit has installed any non-supported plugin or edited vbulletin files for custom requirement.

I will suggest:
uninstall all plugins -> upgrade to latest VB -> install only supported plugins -> change theme -> edit header .phpand footer.php files as per requirement.
What i think, is that they might have paid a lot for the custom theme so that it can match the look of the site. That particular theme is breaking a lot of stuff. But i dont think they will change the them :p

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
What i think, is that they might have paid a lot for the custom theme so that it can match the look of the site. That particular theme is breaking a lot of stuff. But i dont think they will change the them :p
I don't think so.........

Vbulletin current version has inbuilt plugins for ads..............
Vbulletin has a supported plugin for additional sidebar..........
Editing a Vbulletin theme is very easy. Login as admin, and edit the theme from a very easy interface.

The current theme of digit forum is default theme of Vbulletin, but webmaster has changed its color combination and few images... also edited header and footer page.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
To reduce no. of vague posts, users with a minimum of 35-40 posts only should be allowed to post in Market section.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
but the problem is even now i see many members whose post count is 1 or 2 and they have something for sale there......i doubt if they later use the forum

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Has anyone noticed that attachments put up on the forum is corrupt when downloaded? Admins/mods please confirm this and please increase the size of attachments. Though we put up images on other hosting sites, there might be a necessity to put text files of Hijackthis as attachment as posting the whole damn thing will make the page crawl and eat up bandwidth.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Okay, so there are tons of suggestions on "forum improvements" but none has been implemented till now. Any update on this issue yet?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I have been given the word to wait for sometime! So that's what we'll do! Wait :)

D@rekills4

In the zone
I think its time that ThinkDigit should be updated with vBulletin
Also vBulletin 3.8.1 is a lot faster that 2.7.x versions
Also Infractions should be added for spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom