For all those who are planning to join BIG IT companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Infosys, TCS, or Wipro?

Sometimes computer science, IT or electronic and communication engineering students get placed in two or three major Indian IT companies and they find it hard to decide which one to join. "Infosys or TCS?" is one of the most common questions I have faced from such students. The answer is much simpler than they think it is.

"Neither."

This blog post is not about how these companies feed the stomachs of lakhs of people. This blog post is not about undermining the efforts of these companies. This blog is not about offending the employees of these organizations. That'll be an unintentional side-effect.

However, this blog post is about a choice that freshers usually have to make and the information they should have before they make the choice. This blog post is about urging the freshers who want to make a career in engineering to not make a mistake that I did because I did not have the necessary information at the right time; a mistake that I could correct two years later after I realized it. This blog post is about some very unpleasant facts about these major Indian IT companies that you wouldn't know unless you have been a part of it.

Read more ...

Reactions: ico

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

Some interesting links in the comment section as well:
Pin Dancing: Stuck in Code
The 5-year limit to being a coder in India | Swaroop C H - India, Technology, Life Skills
In India, Anxiety Over the Slow Pace of Innovation - NYTimes.com

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
I agree with this point by the blogger: -
" The 1% that do absorb the training do not stick to the organization for a long time because sooner or later they realize that they want to do some real engineering. "

Nice article shared.. :)

This is the most bul%$^$% article I have ever read .

The fact and figures are just guesses , he does not know a sh!t .

Infi training is the best in India. #FACHT

You wont be going to onsite and it there is a particular reason behind it . Go figure it out .

I really hope the guy know some ground facts before he goes on such rants.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

You wont be going to onsite and it there is a particular reason behind it . Go figure it out .

Read the article again and see this point

Training: People think that these organizations are good for freshers because they get a lot of training which they wouldn't get in other organizations. I must remind such people that attending trainings is not equivalent to learning. Indeed these organizations provide a lot of training to freshers but only about 1% of the trainees actually absorb the knowledge. The 1% that do absorb the training do not stick to the organization for a long time because sooner or later they realize that they want to do some real engineering. The figure '1%' isn't merely a guess. This is my observation across various trainee-batches that have been trained in one of these organizations. Think about it. Can you learn a new programming language in just 3 days? If your answer is "no", you shouldn't join one of these organizations. If your answer is "yes", you shouldn't join one of these organizations.

He never tells their training is bad, he said the number of freshers who get benefited with that is very less.

About onsite, i can't comment much but one thing for sure, if he once went for onsite, the dowry they are demanding is outrageous. I have seen it myself.

Reactions: ico
Whats the point again ? Do tell me ?

Who says Infi makes you learn a language in 3 days ? Do you even know how long there training is ?

And about the onsite , Which company do you work in ?

javin

Broken In

Who says Infi makes you learn a language in 3 days ? Do you even know how long there training is ?

Yes, the training is 1.5 months to 3 months long where you are taught 15 to 20 technologies. How much time do you get to learn each technology then? Do the math yourself.

The article is not bullshit. Did you read the article properly? Read it again. The author has himself said that he is guessing the numbers but they are not wild guesses.

I have worked myself in Infosys and the 5 points he has listed in his article represent Infosys very accurately.

Infosys training is not very good. The ComPre tests in Infosys after training contain wrong questions!! What do you say about that? They teach you wrong things also in the training!! That is why smart people become frustrated and leave.

The article has made it to many good forums.

Hacker News | Infosys, TCS or Wipro?

HackerStreet.India | Infosys, TCS, or Wipro?

YouTube - ‪Hitler does not want to work in Infosys, TCS, or Wipro‬‏

Read those links. Read comments too to get more idea about what sort of **** happens in such companies.

You go and first read *www.linkedin.com/in/susam (Linkedin profile of the guy). He worked in Infosys! You know better than him about Infosys?

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

And about the onsite , Which company do you work in ?

If you ask the article writer, then no use. If you ask me, i am telling you my opinion, that if you have confidence that you can learn a PL within a short span of time, shows your passion and eagerness towards the PL so you obviously will not work in service oriented companies like Infy or Wipro.
This is what i intend to say.

Yes, the training is 1.5 months to 3 months long where you are taught 15 to 20 technologies. How much time do you get to learn each technology then? Do the math yourself.

You get the answer, no as he said....

Ha ha :D . Sissy old girls .

What do you expect them to teach you ? Spoon feed you ? Give you homework and ask them how your love life is ?

Corporate culture demands that you need to learn on your own pick up stuff from people already working there . This is a self grooming industry and talking about the guy who worked in infosys and does not know how many engg do they hire and give random numbers then he needs to look at what he writes.

I am not going to argue with some lot of this as there is no point in saying this but Stop crying and cribbling about everything !

Be it college , job , goverment , the country .

javin

Broken In
Ha ha :D . Sissy old girls .

Very clearly you are a troll. But by looking your post count (324) I am confused how you haven't learnt the basic netiquette here. Oh, your twitter profile explains it.

*twitter.com/xtremevicky and your bio description is:

"A Manc working in Accenture :) "

Now I understand why you are posting clueless comments and why have no idea of what the author is talking about and what we are talking about.

What do you expect them to teach you ? Spoon feed you ? Give you homework and ask them how your love life is ?

And very clearly you haven't understood articles and comments. Read the article again. Read the reply of furious_gamer. He has answered this already. Nobody is talking about what they should do. Everyone is talking about where an engineer should join - those companies or startups?

Furious_gamer also explained -

"if you have confidence that you can learn a PL within a short span of time, shows your passion and eagerness towards the PL so you obviously will not work in service oriented companies like Infy or Wipro."

Corporate culture demands that you need to learn on your own pick up stuff from people already working there . This is a self grooming industry and talking about the guy who worked in infosys and does not know how many engg do they hire and give random numbers then he needs to look at what he writes.

I have worked in Infosys too. I agree with that guy. Somehow you are arrogant as well as ignorant who thinks that he is wrong even though you have never worked in Infosys and he has and I have. Also read the comments in the article and the other links I have given. If you read them you will multiple people from Infosys, Wipro, etc. giving facts in support of the article. So please do your groundwork before posting bullsh1t comments.

I am not going to argue with some lot of this as there is no point in saying this but Stop crying and cribbling about everything !

Nobody is crying and cribbing. You are just not able to understand simple facts. Yes, please stop arguing about things you don't understand. Leave Accenture. Join a real engineering company. Then may be you will understand why a fresher should never join Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Cognizant, etc. You are the only person I can see in this whole thread who is cribbing about the article. Others are discussing facts.

Last edited:
Your last word is the Irony of your post.

See , I ask you a question ? Why should A fresher not join these companies ?

2 : The author pointed about the number of engg the company has . More than what he suggested . He just gave a random number which is bonkers.

3 : My company has flaws like everything else ! But i dont tell people looking to learn to turn there back away from Accenture as the working culture here and learning opportunities are immense .

4 : The Author says
One can find engineering problems in these organizations but no trace of engineering.
. How is that relevant ? When you are the owner of the company and you want things to be done then the textbook wont be the one who will get the Job done . Big difference in what you read and what you have to do . As they say Real World is very different.

5. How much should a good software user earn?

You have any idea how much does a software engg in US earn ? We get paid sh1t compared to what they are paid . I also say Accenture has one of the best work culture but that can be different in place to place , project to project .

6. Just because you code well , does not mean you will be sent onsite . Again there are flaws but there are simple and working ways how you can go to onsite.

New start-ups come up every year. Software companies which develop famous and successful products are more likely to have them. Some good examples are Adobe, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Phoenix, RSA, etc.

How many these companies hire ? Will you be able to get a job ? Let yourself go , How many will be able to get the job there ?

I am not trolling nor I am in any delusions . Ground Reality for a average fresher is different . Try to live in the real world and that article dose not talk about facts . It talks about a certain individual who is working in the wrong industry if he wants to apply Engg skills .

I tell you ' Why ' .

Infi does train on multiple platforms . You will know a lot about a lot of basic things then you can ever learn in TCS . I am not commenting on Wipro !

In Accenture , The trainers were external and they had no interest in what the people were doing when they are teaching . They were just filling there pockets .

In Infi, Atleast the trainer makes the effort to make you learn something .

Just my 2 cents .

javin

Broken In
LOL xtremevicky. Now you make me laugh. Please leave Accenture and join a good company. Your last comment is the most bullsh1t comment i have read.

Your last word is the Irony of your post.
In Infi, Atleast the trainer makes the effort to make you learn something .

Just my 2 cents .

I will prove all your comment is bullsh1t by this one example. Infy also uses external trainers. Plus they teach wrong things. So please do your groundwork before posting bullsh1t comments.

If you want to come out of your delusion leave Accenture and join a better company like google or microsoft. If you can't do it why are you commenting on this article. This article and discussion is not meant for losers like you who are stuck in a crappy company. This is written in the article. See.

*blog.susam.in/2011/05/infosys-tcs-or-wipro.html
ALERT: If you are not interested in making a career in engineering, lack the confidence to do so, or you are very content with working for one of these three companies for reasons that are valid to you, you may stop reading this and go back to what you were doing before landing on this page."

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
One should never become so personally attached to organizations that they reach a point where they have to write articles of this sort.

Just keep it 8 hour / day. 5 days.

Most of the stuff he wrote, are quite obvious and pertinent to most organizations. Typical "Indianization" on a US template.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom