Firefox crashes after starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I am using WIndows XP Professional with SP3. Whenever I try starting Firefox, it crashes and shows the following error:

*img13.imageshack.us/img13/3329/capture21022009113603.jpg​

Even uninstalling and reinstalling it hasn't helped. What could be wrong and more importantly how to fix this? :confused:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, tell us what you did that may have caused this, I mean surely FF3 was working b'fore this crash. What changes or something else did you do in the past week?

mittyr

silentFOX
@krazzy

I too wud suggest a "clean" install. FF never crashed on me after FF3 beta version (using FF 3.0.5)

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I am running the latest version of Firefox, v3.0.6. And I already mentioned in my first port that I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. Even staring it in Safe mode does not help.

As for the changes I made to the system, well I recently formatted one of my partitions and also removed some fonts that I don't use. But the partition that I formatted was not the one on which I had installed Firefox on and I don't see how removing fonts could be a problem, as Opera seems to be working fine as with every other application.

red_devil

Back!
this happened to me as well when I was running FF3 on XP..

FF3 ran real good and all of a sudden, a few times it crashed for nothing ...i didn't do much after the crash.. just hit "restart firefox" and things got back to normal again...

why this happened ? I have no clue !!

<but this hasn't been happening ever since I switched over to VISTA...again dont know why !!>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom