Finally the beast Samsung S3 is released

Sujeet

Undead!!!
SII is better IMO comparing the looks.

Wrong .

- It need for such things like a Full HD Video Recording and Playback.
- For a real Adobe Flash support.
- For fast Web Page loading (processing).
- For fast photo/video gallery thumbnail preview generation.
- For faster applications loading.
- For fast switch between apps and keep them running in the background.
- For latest mobile games.

Shadow Gun
Riptide GP
Glowball/Tegra 3
Shine Runner

These are the only games that are optimized for Quad Core Processor and more specifically Tegra 3.As of now.

4 Games are nothing sort of Games.They are just 4 game.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Similar things had been said when S2 was launched.
Lot of people thought sensetion was a better option.
Personally I will prefer s3 anyday over one X.
Never really understood how people tolerate the terrible DAC htc uses (one X sounds even worse than the ill reputed yamaha chip in s2)in all their flagships right from hd2 days.
Add to that the bad battery and stupid sense u.i(which is very difficult to remove completely unlike TW)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I have come to realize Android sucks, it needs quad core to perform really ?
Windows phone with low end processors and ram can get the job done very smoothly, even current iPhone owns the htc one x in many benchmarks!
they should optimize android... seriously !!
i don't like the iphone ... this sucks, i have to stick to the awesome but shitty android.

just so you know, if you used sense ui only then you will appreciate it. use the sense ui for at least 2 months, after having used all those UIs, vanilla, touchwiz, sense ui .. trust me only sense ui provides the best experience. .. should try the sony one now.
use sense on a high end device, obviously it sucks on htc explorer and wildfire.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Windows phone with low end processors and ram can get the job done very smoothly, even current iPhone owns the htc one x in many benchmarks!
i don't like the iphone ... this sucks, i have to stick to the awesome but shitty android.

just so you know, if you used sense ui only then you will appreciate it. use the sense ui for at least 2 months, after having used all those UIs, vanilla, touchwiz, sense ui .. trust me only sense ui provides the best experience. .. should try the sony one now.
use sense on a high end device, obviously it sucks on htc explorer and wildfire.

Touch wiz spans over many os like android,bada,WM,etc .But sense ui is only android.May b thats the reason sense ui takes a lead.

Terabyte

In the zone
Wrong .

- It need for such things like a Full HD Video Recording and Playback.
- For a real Adobe Flash support.
- For fast Web Page loading (processing).
- For fast photo/video gallery thumbnail preview generation.
- For faster applications loading.
- For fast switch between apps and keep them running in the background.
- For latest mobile games.

We already have Full-HD video recording and playback on dual-core phones.

I would really like to see how much faster these quad cores are in real-world scenario and not these benchmarks.

ritvij

rated R
Let's just hope that apple releases a better iPhone this time. It's about time we got a larger screen. A 4" will do. I had plans to replacE my 3GS this year with s3, but m plannin to stay an apple fanboy.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
so after such a epic wait all we get is this phone? :mad:

I donot think this is the next big thing rather it takes up back in time. Hate the looks considering how the S2 was.
Lets not go on specs too much. It is quite understandable that a flagship phone must have greatest specifications.

Samsung played wrong cards for this one. It is for the iPhone to do a blunder in next launch which I think is highly unlikely.

Sujeet

Undead!!!

QFT
This.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Here's a couple of things that piss me off about it:

1. No soft keys. Are they saying it was a mistake on the Galaxy Nexus?
A: no. softkeys is for Nexus series only i guess.

2. S - beam. What, Android beam wasn't enough? You had to create your *******ized version?
A: cause Samsung want to stand out. by making a software and not giving any update to it.

4. Designed for humans? LOL, 4.8 inch screen.
A:
*images.anandtech.com/doci/5811/SGS3-1235.jpg
not that big you see. still i think 4.5" should be the limit. Sony is doing the right thing at least as far looks and usability goes.

5. Pentile screen. I can't notice pentile on my Nexus S, but people will get on their back for this. A LOT.
A: won't. Nexus S uses small screen. less resolution. S3 uses bigger screen. high resolution. problem fixed.

6. It's kinda ugly compared to the One X and Lumia 900. Also, no black? I love the monolithic look of the iPhone and black Lumia 900.
A: can't disagree. HTC One X is one of the best looking Android mobile without making the whole thing a girl matter. or turning in into a Xperia. same design still looks so much better. learn Samsung learn.

7. Is it still plastic?
A: nope. Glossy plastic :-D

8. Only thing different is the processor. Everything else is largely the same, yet they call Apple users sheep.
A: GPU is overclocked. ram is overclocked (i guess). and its ultra slim (for those who cares).

10. Touchwiz again.
A: Samsung loves dumb UI

Very ugly looks:evil:
A 35k+ phone should hav nyc design..
Between Lg showd lte2 with 2gb ram 1080p display

point me to one user app that can use 1Gb full memory. even if you do extreme multitasking, you'll run out of processing power as well as battery before you need to think about ram. seen some 5k graphics card with 2Gb memory. its the same deal here.

Touch wiz spans over many os like android,bada,WM,etc .But sense ui is only android.May b thats the reason sense ui takes a lead.

TouchWiz was there in WM also.

- It need for such things like a Full HD Video Recording and Playback. ---> dual core does it fine.
- For a real Adobe Flash support. ---> whats this? AFAIK, galaxy S support Flash.
- For fast Web Page loading (processing). ---> this is one.
- For fast photo/video gallery thumbnail preview generation. ---> huh? :|
- For faster applications loading. ---> quad core for this?
- For fast switch between apps and keep them running in the background. ---> i really doubt quad will help here.
- For latest mobile games.---> WE NEED BETTER GRAPHICS

This phone looks like a Toy...!

don't be surprised if you get rep'd for this statement.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
point me to one user app that can use 1Gb full memory. even if you do extreme multitasking, you'll run out of processing power as well as battery before you need to think about ram. seen some 5k graphics card with 2Gb memory. its the same deal here.
Humorously True.:mrgreen:

Empirial

Youngling
Its very simple, if you're looking for a premium 'Mardon Wala Phone' then consider HTC One X. Also, fresh rumors are doing the rounds that if you're seen flaunting a SGS III, the owner might me considered as an employee of Walt Disney or Mattel Inc : Makers of Barbie Doll. Better luck next time sammy!!!

bowmanjudd

Right off the assembly line
Well Galaxy S3 is good phone but it is just like the publicized successor of S2.I think it need Some improvements and Samsung will definitely add something more hardware improvements but this is also true that it's cost is very high and it needed some cost cutting.
No doubt Samsung can never compromise with quality.

R2K

In the Zone
I still don't get the point of having a processor with 4 cores on a smartphone. What can one possibly do on a phone with that kinda processor? Except for helping in ruining the battery life no significant advantage.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

current iphone has a5 dual core... which is pretty much same as what the htc one x uses.

Sarath

iDota
Samsung: We have the fastest phones and the worst designing team ever.

Nothing about this sets it apart unless you flip it out on the dinner table and go on about the quad core etc etc...

R2K

In the Zone
^^ bragging right. nothing else.

Yeah...Android is already messed up in terms of battery life. And now with the addition of such hardly necessary yet ridiculously powerful processor is gonna make it worse.

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
i like the eye tracking feature... i hate to press the lock/unlock button again nd again when display turns off in the midst of something due to timeout.... good solution

its frustrating to me to press a hardware button whn using a touch phone having capacitive buttons aside...

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Its very simple, if you're looking for a premium 'Mardon Wala Phone' then consider HTC One X. Also, fresh rumors are doing the rounds that if you're seen flaunting a SGS III, the owner might me considered as an employee of Walt Disney or Mattel Inc : Makers of Barbie Doll. Better luck next time sammy!!!

LOL :clap2:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am still dizzy with that design and wanna vomit badly when I am seeing some bribed people by Sammy trying to put as the phone is 'not ugly' bullshit.
If that is a design of a premium device then I better not buy a premium device again but everything else.
I'd never buy a Ferrari if it looks like Nano.
:cool:

Top Bottom