Finally the beast Samsung S3 is released

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
Similar things had been said when S2 was launched.
Lot of people thought sensetion was a better option.
Personally I will prefer s3 anyday over one X.
Never really understood how people tolerate the terrible DAC htc uses (one X sounds even worse than the ill reputed yamaha chip in s2)in all their flagships right from hd2 days.
Add to that the bad battery and stupid sense u.i(which is very difficult to remove completely unlike TW)
I Have used note which has the same chip as s2 and i now i am using ONE X
i am not a fan of beat but i can defiantly say that its way much better than crapy yamaha DAC chip on s2 & note but its still not comparable to any PMP .

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
There was an article, the phone was designed by the lawyers!
The Samsung Galaxy S III: The First Smartphone Designed Entirely By Lawyers

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
^ they tried to pack Ferrari Engine into Tata Nano, marketed like Mercedes benz & Priced it like Porsche.

Fcuk, this is the most ugliest phone ever seen.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I was waiting for a phone upgrade from my LG optimus black to atleast a dual core . I was eager on SG3 but the looks are so disappointing . I hate those curves , they should have made it rectangle like iphone . I am going for the samsung note instead . What would i be missing guys , i dont care about the quad core .

And @ SIDDHARTH.BEAM that is a personal choice of taste , those who love hip hop music will like the beats audio . I got a chance to test my friends HTC sensation XE and i didnt like its music . It is not that much suitable for jazz or soft music .

noob

Cyborg Agent
I was waiting for a phone upgrade from my LG optimus black to atleast a dual core . I was eager on SG3 but the looks are so disappointing . I hate those curves , they should have made it rectangle like iphone . I am going for the samsung note instead . What would i be missing guys , i dont care about the quad core .

And @ SIDDHARTH.BEAM that is a personal choice of taste , those who love hip hop music will like the beats audio . I got a chance to test my friends HTC sensation XE and i didnt like its music . It is not that much suitable for jazz or soft music .

you better get HTC ONE S

Empirial

Youngling
I was waiting for a phone upgrade from my LG optimus black to atleast a dual core . I was eager on SG3 but the looks are so disappointing . I hate those curves , they should have made it rectangle like iphone . I am going for the samsung note instead . What would i be missing guys , i dont care about the quad core.

you better get HTC ONE S

Or you can even consider Sony Xperia S if you're ok using Gingerbread till Sony releases ICS Update & that inferior battery backup which I'm sure gonna improve with ICS :)

d3p

PowerHouse
@rohan_mhtr : Have a look at Sony Xperia Arc S - 24k. That also pack pretty nice features.

I don't want to spoil the party of S3, but here is my personal experience.

I was completely disappointed with the sound quality of Samsung SII. Even my Nokia N95, which a generation old now, has good sound quality.

I have used my Bose Over Ear headphones to test the music quality. This headphone has no other controls like volume or mute, just another simple wire & 3.5mm gold plated Jack.

*www.intrevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/bose-around-ear-headphones.jpg

Song played was : The Furor - AC/DC [Bailbreaker]
I would rate like this after the test.

1). Sony Xperia Arc S = Nokia N95/Nokia E7-00 [all these three devices sound pretty much nice to me.]

2). HTC One X or S both are amazing devices.

3). Last but not least Lumia 800. [I don't understand, the music quality is completely different from his predecessors].

If you are opting a mobile device for Music, then don't ever think of buying Samsung. All the samsung devices will sound similar & they are Over rated Crap. [personal experience]

Or go with Cowon D3 Mp3/Mp4 Player.

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I quite disagree.May b your personal experience.

Please don't compare with bose headset.The heaphone jack may not comaptible with SII.Moreover i guess its designed for apple devices.

I have used Sony Xperia (not arc) and GSII.

Regarding stock headphones-

Sony xperia headphone are crap.You get pain in ear after hours of music cos of absense of earbuds.I am not sure if you can get ear buds.The xLoud was another crap.Only when you enable you would get some sound of xperia.

SII headphones are good and comfortable.Come with ear buds.

Music player software of SII/Samsung is best of all phones.

No offense.

@rohan_mhtr : Have a look at Sony Xperia Arc S - 24k. That also pack pretty nice features.

I don't want to spoil the party of S3, but here is my personal experience.

I was completely dissapointed with the sound quality of Samsung SII. Even my Nokia N95, which a generation old now, has good sound quality.

I have used my Bose Over Ear headphones to test the music quality.
Song played was : The Furor - AC/DC [Bailbreaker]
I would rate like this after the test.

1). Sony Xperia Arc S = Nokia N95/Nokia E7-00 [all these three devices sound pretty much nice to me.]

2). HTC One X or S both are amazing devices.

3). Last but not least Lumia 800. [I don't understand, the music quality is completely different from his predecessors].

If you are opting a mobile device for Music, then don't ever think of buying Samsung. All the samsung devices will sound similar & they are Over rated Crap. [personal experience]

Or go with Cowon D3 Mp3/Mp4 Player.

d3p

PowerHouse
@Gopi : it has 3.5mm Gold Plated Jack & no other control on the wire like Volume & mute. Just a plain wire & the design of the headphone cups.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
@d3p
I am not sure .But Was it mentioned by Bose manual/specs/website that the model is compatible with SII?.

For example i cannot use my SII headphone in PC headphone jack as its not compatible.I can hear sound only by holding it on some particular position when plugged into jack.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ No way, i have tested my Bose HP with SII in Samsung Plaza & also with my office Colleage without doing anything like that. Simple Plugin & hit the play button from the Device. Tweak the equalizer to get the best.

You can't use your Samsung SII earphones or ear piece with PC coz, it includes a Mic & pod to control them. I guess it will play, but the SQ will surely be different.

Something like this.

*i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDAwWDQwMA==/$%28KGrHqVHJBME63Uw3%29jSBO1%28O90k9Q~~60_35.JPG

& this is the Bose MEI2 Earphones which are compatible with Apple Device.

*www.boseindia.com/Product/PL1112.jpg

Angled 3.5 mm plug fits directly into mobile phones with recessed jacks, including Apple iPhone.

Two 2.5 mm adaptersybe; are included with MIE2 headset for compatibility with a wide range of mobile phones.

Have a look at the connector Differences ???

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
^I know thats why i said not compatible.

What is your exact model no of headphone.May be try checking bose website for it spec.There may be some place saying some thing regarding compatibility regarding non-apple devices.

d3p

PowerHouse
Errr.....
But as i mentioned earlier, i don't have MEI2. I HAVE OVER EAR HEADPHONES.

See this.

[Youtube]WP57CywBVvk[/YOUTUBE].

In most of the mobile devices, the audio outputs are 3.5mm Female jack. You can either use any normal earphones or headphones with a standard 3.5mm jack & also the earpiece bundled along with the device.

The only difference here is, the standard HP or EP will not have mic or control pod, whereas the bundled earpiece will have that features.

Try this on your own phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
^^ Ok.It may not be jack problem.But just check the faq on bose site-

*www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/around_ear_headphones/index.jsp

Will Bose® around-ear headphones work with non-Apple devices?

While some functions may work, others may not. Because AE2i headphones were designed specifically for use with Apple devices only, we don't recommend pairing them with non-Apple devices

So how can you judge the music quality on Samsung using AE2 when its not recommended for non apple devices.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ Dude That is different from the one, which i have mentioned earlier.

Because [Around Ear] AEI2 is different from Over Ear Headphones.

Bose AEI2 :

*asset2.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2010/11/18/34210220_OVR_440x330.png

Bose Over Ear headphone :

*www.world-of-zune.com/image-files/bose-around-ear-headphones.jpg

Do these headphones looks similar ?? Nope, then the same way the tech specs are also different. I can even say, that the only reason [apple & non apple device compatibility] i prefer to have Over ear headphone than Around ear HeadPhone.

Read this specs..

Click here

According to you, any ordinary headphones with 3.5mm jack won't work with Samsung Phones.

Come on give a try first. See the difference in the SQ & that difference is nothing but the earphone or headphone SQ, where samsung sucks BIG TYME.

Dude, i have a sony MDR-XD200, broken Phillips SHP2000 & Sennheiser HD 202 & all of them can be used without any special connector with any mobile devices with 3.5mm Female Jack. Top of it, i'm using them from quite a Long time now, never came across a case like this.

*i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/341/i-dunno-lol_1_.jpg

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
you both Guys should calm down and get back to slaughter S3 Design with comments .... :)

d3p

PowerHouse
As mentioned earlier :

They tried to pack Ferrari Engine into Tata Nano, marketed like Mercedes benz & Priced it like Porsche.

Imagine what's gonna happen if Ferrari V12 Engine's are assembled inside a chassis of Tata Nano & they are priced like Bugatti Veyron.

@S_V: There's no flame war here buddy, i'm just trying to clarify the concerns.

Top Bottom