[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

aura

Sync dreams to reality
Digit "THE NUMBER ONE COPYCAT"

Really shocking to see... the digit's site is a photocopy of very popular CNET or DOWNLOAD.com's website

see it for yourself
*news.cnet.com/

Really very bad on your part "SIMPLY COPIED" the interface of "CNET".

One more thing THE SEARCH BAR AT THE TOP IS N'T VISIBLE.

Great use of common sense... colouring the background of the textbox as black and nearby surroundings are also black...

Headlines are coloured grey on black background...

I guess the web designer was sleeping while he made this new website.

Overall a real shame "INDIA's ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR COMPUTER MAGAZINE's WEBSITE IS A COPY OF CNET".

Indyan

Here Since 2003
when a member is banned:

1. can u show the time for how long he is banned

2. can u show a message saying that he is banned coz the twice iv been banned and when i try to open the forum, it takes very long to load and sometimes just shows a message server too slow or something like that or sometimes it takes me to the home page of the person who banned me

If believe that happens when you are put in the Miserable user list and not banned.

Btw, the new black layout looks good :)
But please change the CSS and make the hyperlinks more distinct (different colour or underlined).

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Digit "THE NUMBER ONE COPYCAT"
Really shocking to see... the digit's site is a photocopy of very popular CNET or DOWNLOAD.com's website
see it for yourself
*news.cnet.com/
Really very bad on your part "SIMPLY COPIED" the interface of "CNET".
One more thing THE SEARCH BAR AT THE TOP IS N'T VISIBLE.
Great use of common sense... colouring the background of the textbox as black and nearby surroundings are also black...
Headlines are coloured grey on black background...
I guess the web designer was sleeping while he made this new website.
Overall a real shame "INDIA's ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR COMPUTER MAGAZINE's WEBSITE IS A COPY OF CNET".

Lol... I can't believe you think it's a CNET ripoff... all you're looking at is some colours, which are NOT inspired by Cnet. Long time digit readers know that we have 3 basic colours that say digit... black, white and red, and we used them in our design. There are millions of sites who use crowded footers for popular links.

Ask a web designer if he thinks this is a rip off... Besides, if we had to rip off a site, there are much better designed sites than cnet to rip from.

As for the design, it's subtle... that's the idea... can you see the little magnifying glass? That symbolizes search... do you really need to "see" the "Type your search here" to know where to type your search?

Anyway, I'll count you as a negative vote for the "Do you like the new design" poll I plan on conducting soon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@raaabo, there is a poll going on the same topic, if u r not aware of.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118601

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Bet the designer or the team used a 1024x768 or more as the default resolution while designing the site. I am have a resolution of 1280x1024 and still feel the forum very cramped.

Just to check out, I tried a low resolution of 800x600 and predictably, a very poor appearance. While the heading has a fixed width of 1024, the forum section has a width of ~850. What the heck is your design specification !!!!. I really expected something better from td.

Abhi_rocks

Right off the assembly line
We're working on a better Web site! Any suggestions? Other than the obvious ones of course!

Post feedback here about functionalities that you want in ThinkDigit.com, and also the Forum. It will take some time to implement the changes we already have planned, so please be patient.

Where Are the Morderators....

I am not able to Make A new Thread...It shows that ur Account has not been activated...
Its been so long I have registered.
I am Dying to make A New Thread nd it refuses....
It Sucks then.....:-x
Kindly see to the matter....
I Need to It urgently.....:cry:

Krow

Crowman
Post some more in the forum. Try after your post count is 10 or 25. Then you should be able to make a new thread.

KYE_Systems

The width of the forum is quite small. It should be fluid which can adjust itself to the size of the screen. and if the color can be changed a little, then it will look much better. Right now the color is very dull, otherwise very good forum to have latest news and all.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The width of the forum is quite small. It should be fluid which can adjust itself to the size of the screen. and if the color can be changed a little, then it will look much better. Right now the color is very dull, otherwise very good forum to have latest news and all.

So ARE THE ADMINS (who always say we oldies are always complaining and don't accept change) LISTENING what the newbies have to say?

Krow

Crowman
So ARE THE ADMINS (who always say we oldies are always complaining and don't accept change) LISTENING what the newbies have to say?
One of them did and introduced smileys to the forum. :clap2: Btw, try the Kirsch theme. Its in my sig.

Krow

Crowman
lol. Funnily enough, I drove KYE_Systems towards this place.
:thumbs: Good thing to do. Hope your superiors see this one. Even I feel that the forum theme should be changed. It is not possible to distinguish between text and links now. Forum width is very less, makes it tough to read content, especially with flash ads distracting. Ads should be for non-registered users. Best if ads disappear when we log in. Majority of users are guests anyway (about 20 log in while about 150 guests). Theme hurts the eyes.

Also, the website takes a lot of time to load now. Many users are ones with a slow Internet connection here in India. Even international technology websites load faster than this one. Please make the website less bandwidth hungry. :)

Last edited:

r4gs

In the zone
The website does remind me of a CNET page. While it isn't a copy, at first glance it is very easy to mistake it for a cnet site. I can't really think of anyway it can be changed though, as the layout is convenient.

Also, the font sizes in the reviews and news items are way too small. I constantly find myself zooming to at least 130% for comfortable reading. It might be because I have a 20.5" monitor with a resolution of 1600x900, but it is a strain nevertheless.

I find the main page very crammed, but the information and links are all there making it convenient to navigate.

ehariprakash

Hi, I am an ardent fan of Think Digit magazine. I never missed a subscription while I was in India 4 years back. I recently visited India when I got the latest copy of the magazine. I then had the nostalgic feeling of missing my favorite tech book after landing in the USA.

However the ThinkDigit website is a greater relief to me now. Still I think it would be great if there is some way that the magazine could be shipped to the USA. I think there are thousands of Digit lovers in the USA whom I represent who would love to subscribe for a copy of the magazine if it could be shipped here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom