[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
We're working on a better Web site! Any suggestions? Other than the obvious ones of course!

Post feedback here about functionalities that you want in ThinkDigit.com, and also the Forum. It will take some time to implement the changes we already have planned, so please be patient.

QuickFire

Broken In
I think the site needs renovation, repairs and tweaks.. :)
Update it frequently...make it lively...
If needed, appoint seperate team for web development..
I guess, you guys got enough capital to afford that ;)

NikhilVerma

Padawan
If you guys can't get enough time to do the stuff...
The forum members can surely help....

Just make the site
* Bug free...
* Update if frequently...

suhas_sm

Journeyman
chat chat chat for digit geeks :) more stuff on the main page such as A-List n bazaar ........ other up to date hardware reviews n pricing .....
Tech news updated daily :) sections for gamers, programmers ....n more ideas will be up from others too in this thread....

ujjwal

Padawan
Well, frequent updates may be an obvious suggestion, so how about a hardware pricing table, and you can upload older articles in HTML form, many more guides (the linux ISO one was good) etc...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Maybe a section for latest hardware prices, updated every week or even a fortnight ? Also a section on forthcoming software releases.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
a sleek and streamlined interface...
appealing colors...
nice icons...
quick to load...
simple and less bling bling...
submenus like Windows Start Menu... or Windows Homepage...

take a look at Macromedia Contribute 3 Templates... they're icandy templates...

DKant

In the zone
Well the main website looks good no doubt..but it's a little heavy on bandwidth (my poor 56K connection :cry:) though it's better than b4. Some streamlining wld help.

Hardware prices would be uber-cool!! thinkdigit.com wld bcome my home-page then!! :razz: (Yea the prices vary from place2place, but such a page wld help us get a general idea. 500-1K off isn't 2 much.)

About the Forum...well a lot of things have already been said abt it...about reducing the clutter and all that. It's just a matter of listening with a more open mind (no offense to Team Digit).

QuickFire

Broken In
make sure that the new design looks good in browsers other than internet explorer...
coz i think more ppl are using alternate browsers now...
it must be compatible with firefox and opera atleast..:)

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
The main site www.thinkdigit.com is one the slowest site I have ever visited. It takes ages to load.....

some of the suggestions for our new site

1) Change the font of the site it looks bad.

2) Do we need two buttons as playware/mindware on the site when both show the same thing....a single DVD ???
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/altoo/dvd.gif

3) The interface problem... I placed the cursor at the red spot but the menu appears on top ;)
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/altoo/interface.gif

4) Those animated banners take's up the max bandwidth...
let's do some math :p
Top banner 21.54 KB
side 1 39.03 KB
side 2 28.19 KB
samsungad 13.1 KB
-----------------------------
total 101.86 KB ( pity on dial-up users )

and the months issue animated one is around 65.68 KB

5) The more interface should lead to a sub menu that would save some time as people can select there topic directly rather than a link at the more>>

6) Search . look at the size of the search box??? Do u like us to search couple of numbers there :D . ( i know that we can enter longer text there ) but let it look long ;)
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/altoo/search.gif

7) The opinion poll looks like it is not part of the site ;) . It is pushed down :p .

8 ) Let the site look more sleek ...... and a new colour combination....

9) UPDATE UPDATE and UPDATE it!! regularly....

well that's all i can see of now... if i see more i will sure post it.. let's see a new site that matches the sleekness of the magzine ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

great_manish

Journeyman
sorry if im being too harsh but the current main page (www.thinkdigit.com) is rubbish. its slow,interface is bad,not much info available...

i would really love to see the current hardware prices on the site as someone already suggested

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
First off, "apart from the obvious" stuff like the Mindware/Playware and By Demand foul-ups, it has some SERIOUS, way too serious UI issues. I seriously suggest a complete overhaul, not just a perfunctory code rerun and moving stuff into different places. Get a UI design expert to work this one out, preferably someone who knows HTML also coz the page takes forever to load (Check out jeba's posts before a "comprehensive" listing. Good one there, buddy) Not everyone has OFC connections to our ISPs :D And the sidebar. God, whatever you do, please don't use such navigation again on the next website. Plain nightmare. Not to mention that the text sizes are next to unreadable without the magnifier utility at 1280x1024. :D Did you guys know there are reviews for WinME and 2000 Pro in the Special section? :shock: Someone would think (why think when you can state for a fact) that you never update the website. And please, for God's sake, DO NOT move older articles as Web Specials. That's just real lousy and unprofessional. I don't know how long those four articles have been sitting on the homepage. I guess from Sep'03. Coz the Digit Linux DVD was in Aug'03.
The best thing to do is to use the website as a "companion" to the mag, with web-exclusive content, instead of a "older article archive." I wouldn't mind seeing RSS feeds on the latest in computing. Imagine how cool it would be if you could immediately stream to the Digit people when HL2 goes gold, or something like that. That would be really cool too.
BTW, the forum needs somewhat of an overhaul too. Maybe you can post prizes (gag ones, real ones or simple ones like games, etc) for people with corniest, lousiest, most helpful, most funny, etc. posts. Nothing works like rewards for making more people come together on the forum and participate more.
So, get a UI expert, get someone who's done more than one personal website and at least one corporate one, gather the people on the forum (we DO want to help) and give the site a complete makeover.

DKant

In the zone
Abt the forum...more smileys :D

Apart from that:

The best thing to do is to use the website as a "companion" to the mag, with web-exclusive content, instead of a "older article archive." I wouldn't mind seeing RSS feeds on the latest in computing. Imagine how cool it would be if you could immediately stream to the Digit people when HL2 goes gold, or something like that. That would be really cool too.
BTW, the forum needs somewhat of an overhaul too. Maybe you can post prizes (gag ones, real ones or simple ones like games, etc) for people with corniest, lousiest, most helpful, most funny, etc. posts. Nothing works like rewards for making more people come together on the forum and participate more.

I love Ctrl+V ;)

Nice suggestions enoonmai..and a freaking cool avatar and location :lol: !

sms_solver

In the zone
I only like the forum of thinkdigit.

the frontpage of thinkdigit.com is not so good, same always.

I have few suggestions for forum pages

-> why not to use a separate (.css file) to reduce size of page.
-> not showing personalized www, email, icq etc buttons (by default)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom