[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep_g

Right off the assembly line
I opened up the ThinkDigit site after a few months now. and it is IRRITATING.
Why do you have a bloody menu appearing on on top of every news article that I am trying to read? There is no way to close it or move it.
That is the most irritating thing I have ever seen.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Why do you have a bl00dy menu appearing on on top of every news article that I am trying to read? There is no way to close it or move it.
Can't go to any page without this menu popping up.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Why do you have a bloody menu appearing on on top of every news article that I am trying to read? There is no way to close it or move it.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Why do you have a bl00dy menu appearing on on top of every news article that I am trying to read? There is no way to close it or move it.
Can't go to any page without this menu popping up.

I am using IE7 as browser. Also, a yellow javascript error icon is being shown at the bottom of the browser.
When I opened this same site in Chrome, the irritating menu, that was showing on top of every article on every page, turned out to be the menu at the bottom of the page.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^No dude. I don't think so. Anorion wanted us to post all feedback/suggestions to this thread rather than opening new threads everyday. Just post your suggestion here.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

+1 for changing the theme

and +infinity to make the FORUM WIDER. When will the admins get time to do this??

From years they keep saying they are busy. And now maximum of the members left. Forum is full of SPAM. I keep reporting spam 2-3/day in avg.

Do something admins otherwise the forum have no members left in some months.

Don't know why you people can't assign 1/2 posts just to maintain this forum.

Don't you think/care about the forum??

After complaining for 1/2yrs you people changed the interface now again you people got vanished.

Just monitor how many of the members are active now and compare it upto that with 2009.

You people income too from this forum so why this neglegency??

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
From years they keep saying they are busy. And now maximum of the members left. Forum is full of SPAM. I keep reporting spam 2-3/day in avg.
I'm sure between the Admins, Kalpik and the other Mods you will find that the Spam is relatively small. Or at least the portion you see is negligible compared to the number that usually get through.

forum sucks read this thread
Lol this is probably the worst way to leave feedback.
Originally Posted by krishnandu.sarkar View Post
Do something admins otherwise the forum have no members left in some months.

Just monitor how many of the members are active now and compare it upto that with 2009.
Well said
This has been discussed quite alot over the forums already. Time has the way of putting demands on ones time. You can't always expect the same folk to be available on the forums throughout the future. That said most of the age old members are still here, they just are lurking and waiting for the proper thread to post in.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
I
Lol this is probably the worst way to leave feedback.

Sorry for that, actually i posted that out of frustration.

Here is my feedback
Hi digitians, this is my feedback after going through the Bazaar section. To tell the truth, the bazaar section is just a junk of crappy threads. The members are just dumping their threads just like anything. There is no rules, no systematic posting etc. I saw members started a thread saying that they want to sell their items, without quoting anything about the product like whats its model numbers, warranty information, its price, shipping information, pictures etc. etc. For a buying it is very difficult to take a decision without even seeing the picture of the item or knowing the price. Even some members just post a thread without anything (no price tag, no picture).

So i am just requesting the mods to reviews the rules and to make some new rules especially for the Bazaar section. The following item details must be mandatory, threads without these mandatory fields should be deleted to prevent forum crapping.
1. Full model number and details
2. Pictures (MUST)
3. Date of purchase
4. Reason for sale
5. Warranty details
6. Price
7. Shipping etc.
8. threads with completed trade must be closed

More information can be added by the mods.

Also i feel that the bazaar section must be divided int two sub-sections:
1. For sellers
2. For buyers

Other members may contribute to this feedback and advices and suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks for reading this.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'm sure between the Admins, Kalpik and the other Mods you will find that the Spam is relatively small. Or at least the portion you see is negligible compared to the number that usually get through.

Well....its right. Dunno about other mods. But each time I've reported post I got a PM from you taking the right action. Hat's off to you. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my post. I should have done that.

This has been discussed quite alot over the forums already. Time has the way of putting demands on ones time. You can't always expect the same folk to be available on the forums throughout the future. That said most of the age old members are still here, they just are lurking and waiting for the proper thread to post in.

Well......You can't ignore many members left this forum for the neglegency of admins/mods. I forgot where the actual thread was created, but some months ago desiibond created a thread regarding moving to TE coz of the all these neglegency of TDF and many members moved to TE. And then admins bothered to change the forum to some extent

Not most of the old members are here.

Some questions got left unanswered like one of them was DIGIT took a gr8 initiative and created an IRC and suddenly that get closed. No one even bothered to answer that. Well thats a minor problem. Leave it.

But we can't ignore this that members are continuously leaving TDF for this neglegency. I hardly see members active here. Threads and posts are cluttered. No one bothers about the rules(do TDF have any???)

And you can't ignore that after saying lot for a year admins changed the interface and introduced some gr8 measures. Now again they are vanish. Are we going to see the next change again in 2011??

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
So i am just requesting the mods to reviews the rules and to make some new rules especially for the Bazaar section. The following item details must be mandatory, threads without these mandatory fields should be deleted to prevent forum crapping.
1. Full model number and details
2. Pictures (MUST)
3. Date of purchase
4. Reason for sale
5. Warranty details
6. Price
7. Shipping etc.
8. threads with completed trade must be closed

This is something that can be easily done I guess. Anything not in the above format could just not be approved. However I'd wait on the Admins opinion on that.
Well....its right. Dunno about other mods. But each time I've reported post I got a PM from you taking the right action. Hat's off to you. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my post. I should have done that.
No worries there.
Well......You can't ignore many members left this forum for the neglegency of admins/mods. I forgot where the actual thread was created, but some months ago desiibond created a thread regarding moving to TE coz of the all these neglegency of TDF and many members moved to TE. And then admins bothered to change the forum to some extent
That is possible I guess. However I was referring to folks who I have seen who we're very active and aren't just that active as they we're back in the day. I could name a few just for names sake but that would never do justice to 99% of the folks I would probably forget to mention.
Some questions got left unanswered like one of them was DIGIT took a gr8 initiative and created an IRC and suddenly that get closed. No one even bothered to answer that. Well thats a minor problem. Leave it.
The IRC Channel is still active (#Digit on irc.raaabo.com) and even if it isn't you can find quite a few of its members on #Grind and #Krow.
But we can't ignore this that members are continuously leaving TDF for this neglegency. I hardly see members active here. Threads and posts are cluttered. No one bothers about the rules(do TDF have any???)
Although I can't help in providing active members I can definitely help in enforcing the rules as per what have been stickied on TDF. If you see anything that goes against it just click that report button and I'm sure someone will come around to take care of it :) . However as a fellow member in this community I've been eyeing one of those sections for revival but haven't been able to due to the increased stuff going on at the moment for me. Also if there is any rules that can do well on the forum you should suggest the same as well. I'm sure the Admins would love to implement those suggestions if it is in the best interest of the foruma s well as community.
And you can't ignore that after saying lot for a year admins changed the interface and introduced some gr8 measures. Now again they are vanish. Are we going to see the next change again in 2011??
If you check some of the threads here on the forum right now. You will find alot of active participation by the Admins itself. Submit feedback in this or one of the other feedback threads and I'm 100% sure that at least one if not all of the Admins will notice it :)

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Now friends as you have known that i already created a thread in the discussion section related to this forum, and my thread was closed. Before creating that thread i was trying to create a thread here under feedback section, was some errors popped up.

Anorion said that this thread already existed and gave me the link, so as you can see that this main feedback thread of this forum is not sticky, so with time this thread vanished in the junks of other threads. So first of all, i would like to request the mods to make this thread sticky, so that other members can give their valuable feedback.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Stickied the thread.

And yes, we do read your feedback. But in this case, since we (mods) are not able to help you with the site design etc. I personally prefer not to respond.

The thing about the Bazaar, yes, certainly we can help. But as I see, that thread was only created yesterday. So do you guys really expect us to read *every* thread within hours? Its really not fair!

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^^ Stickied the thread.

And yes, we do read your feedback. But in this case, since we (mods) are not able to help you with the site design etc. I personally prefer not to respond.

The thing about the Bazaar, yes, certainly we can help. But as I see, that thread was only created yesterday. So do you guys really expect us to read *every* thread within hours? Its really not fair!

thanks for sticking this thread. You got it wrong mate, actually since you are the mods so you might have already seen that bazaar scenario, no rules no regulation, no administration...

All iz well, create the new bazaar rules now.
Hey got one more suggestion:
Members with post count above 30(or anything you decide), must be allowed to create bazaar thread. This will stop new inexperienced sellers.

Sorry if i made any mistake:)

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

One more suggestion:

is possible change the thread name from "[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site" to "Forum feedback and suggestion", this name will be more meaningful and for ThinkDigit.com Web site there is another sticky thread " New Thinkdigit website. Feedback and suggestions welcome here"

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^+1 Ya right. To deal in TDF he/she must be a member for 1month with 50 post counts minimum.(Well you people decide a better limit). This will improve security.

@CA50 No the name "[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site" is perfectly fine. Coz it's all about thinkdigit.com not only about TDF.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^hows that, there is already another thread for website feedback, so this thread must fully contribute to forum feedback.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Hi admins/mods, this is really you guys have done to appriciate:razz:.

BTW i would like to add few more things. First consider the suggestion given by krishnandu.sarkar and close those thread where trade has been completed. And the last is that in that bazaar rule thread, also mention that any kinds of pirated stuffs will not be entertained in DIGIT WORLD, along with the other condition.

Good Job:p:p guys.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey that's gr8. God....!! Thanks a lot FilledVoid. Now please try to ask the admins to get some time for us and for this forum and make it 100% wider.

A suggestion: Just insert that in RULES, make other RULES more strict. And from now on when a new member register's he'll get a PM from admin containing welcome msg as it is along with the link to RULES will be a add saying violating this he/may get ban.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hey that's gr8. God....!! Thanks a lot FilledVoid. Now please try to ask the admins to get some time for us and for this forum and make it 100% wider.
Lol all I did was type it . The rules was basically feedback you folks put up and it was considered by all Mod / Admins available to see it.

As for the rest lets take it one step at a time. I know this isnt a fix but there is a couple of Mods/Skins/Themes you could use which probably have fluid width made by Rohan Shenoy, Amitava and a constantly updated one by Tarey etc. Make sure you all have a look at that and see if it can be a temporary fix for you folks. :) . I will also link the same here.

Rohan's Modification
Amitava's Modification
Tarey's Modification
If I have missed any be free to link them and Ill edit my post.

BTW i would like to add few more things. First consider the suggestion given by krishnandu.sarkar and close those thread where trade has been completed. And the last is that in that bazaar rule thread, also mention that any kinds of pirated stuffs will not be entertained in DIGIT WORLD, along with the other condition.
As long as the thread poster as mentioned that someone has actually bought an item it will be easy to close. However I'm not sure how easy it will be to close all the ancient threads.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks for the links. But try to fix it soon. I mean try to make the changes in forum itself. :)

Well.......Why not add all those in to RULES???

And what do you think about the warning and then ban on violating the RULES??

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Ok more more suggestion.

Why is the bazaar forum in Hardware section??

How about creating a section marketting/trade or anything similiar. And making two forums [FS] and [WTB]. Well anyone can trade anything that is legal.

What do you think??

Well......one more thing. There are many subforums which are marked as readonly are just superfluous. Raaboo told us he's busy arranging the threads according to the forums and when it'll get over he'll remove them. I think the work is not over yet. He's busy. He can distribute them to mods.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thanks for the links. But try to fix it soon. I mean try to make the changes in forum itself.
This isn't something the Mods can do so I won't comment about it. However I'm sure the Admins know about the issue since I've seen it repeated a couple of times here and there.
Well.......Why not add all those in to RULES???

And what do you think about the warning and then ban on violating the RULES??
Technically, I believe that's what we do or have I misunderstood? We usually give out a warning unless the poster has done something hideously wrong ? Personally I'm not a fan of the banner hammer since I believe we all have made mistakes every now and then :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom