[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
same here. CM seems to be more stable. never once had any random reboot on it! however, using slimbean since some days, and already had 1 blue screen error and a few random shutdowns.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I am currently running Moto stock 4.1.2 and Paranoid 4.2.2 . 4.3 versions were not stable enough and was having WiFi issues.

another issue is that kexec based ROMS have issue / doesn't support 1080p recording.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
one can turn CM into slim bean rom (kind of). just strip away all unnecessary apps as said on first page. best part about CM is still the clean and easy to follow settings tab.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
finally I'm on JellyBean :D and here's the guide with rooting info :
[GUIDE]Update Samsung Galaxy Music Duos S6012 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 AND Root it - xda-developers

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
A working CWM is available and lots of room for development awaits but no ROM is available as of now
****[Galaxy Young Duos GT-S6312]**** Working CWM [DEVELOPMENT THREAD] - xda-developers

For god sake! Do you think I didn't see that? I've already rooted and installed cwm.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
u should have it earlier, its the only thread worth available over there :blush:

Have it earlier?

The reason I asked as I wasn't able to find.

One more thing guys- previously, I used y duos on stock 2.3. And currently young duos on 4.1.2. But the keyboard (swipe) is sucking. The previous one was much better. I'm not able to register many words and couldn't find any option to delete one word at a time, which weren't the case in prior. Or should I try third party keyboard?

amjath

Human Spambot
Have it earlier?

The reason I asked as I wasn't able to find.

One more thing guys- previously, I used y duos on stock 2.3. And currently young duos on 4.1.2. But the keyboard (swipe) is sucking. The previous one was much better. I'm not able to register many words and couldn't find any option to delete one word at a time, which weren't the case in prior. Or should I try third party keyboard?

Read my post again, i do this silly mistake everytime

Try swiftkey :) Try free from play store

Edit: I have a question, I got an app from amazon appstore for free [free day of the day] can i give that apk to my friend. I know how to do that but my question is, Is it piracy or not allowed something like that

Top Bottom