[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

TigerKing

Cyborg Agent
Is it under warranty ?
Check with Lenovo customer care if they provide service for out of warranty. Obviously it will be chargeable if its out of warranty.

They don't care if you have stock ROM or Custom ROM. They will just inform you that they will flash it to factory settings and don't take backup also (as its customers responsibility of the data backup)

Okay..
It's not under warranty.

I don't want them to flash anything, just replace battery. Nothing else.

Another update..
As I checked with Lenovo/Moto service center, they don't have Lenovo K6 Power Battery.

Where I can buy original battery? Online or local?
 

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay..
It's not under warranty.

I don't want them to flash anything, just replace battery. Nothing else.

Another update..
As I checked with Lenovo/Moto service center, they don't have Lenovo K6 Power Battery.

Where I can buy original battery? Online or local?

It would be better to get a new phone.

If you still need to replace the battery look for some market in your local area which has lots of phone repair shops ( like the area in Kolkata, fancy Market ). If you get lucky the battery can be replaced with a new one but there's low quality compatible and counterfeit products available as well which will cause many issues later. So for going for a new phone makes more sense.
 

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I don't want them to flash anything, just replace battery. Nothing else.

Another update..
As I checked with Lenovo/Moto service center, they don't have Lenovo K6 Power Battery.

Where I can buy original battery? Online or local?
Yes, they will just replace the battery if you want.
But Lenovo might have stopped the production of K6 battery long time back. So, no chance of getting it from them. Try your luck online sellers or local shops. But getting the genuine battery for K6 is rare now.

Same thing happened with me when my One plus one battery died and One plus stopped the production of the battery. Had to buy duplicate battery from Amazon.
 

TigerKing

Cyborg Agent
It would be better to get a new phone.

If you still need to replace the battery look for some market in your local area which has lots of phone repair shops ( like the area in Kolkata, fancy Market ). If you get lucky the battery can be replaced with a new one but there's low quality compatible and counterfeit products available as well which will cause many issues later. So for going for a new phone makes more sense.

It's backup phone, only changed battery locally since purchased.. otherwise Mobile working fine.
Now that local battery not working after 2 months.
 

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's backup phone, only changed battery locally since purchased.. otherwise Mobile working fine.
Now that local battery not working after 2 months.

This is the issue with local batteries .. even old candy bar original nokia pone battery do not last log. It's not processing power but battery which is crucial for phones nowadays for most users.
 

TigerKing

Cyborg Agent
Yes, they will just replace the battery if you want.
But Lenovo might have stopped the production of K6 battery long time back. So, no chance of getting it from them. Try your luck online sellers or local shops. But getting the genuine battery for K6 is rare now.

Same thing happened with me when my One plus one battery died and One plus stopped the production of the battery. Had to buy duplicate battery from Amazon.

+1 to oneplus

I do own OnePlus x, with Battery issue (need that battery replacement too )
Phone is working great and is more rough and tough.

As for as I know, only way for genuine battery with 90% chances are service center. (10% for fraud service centers).
 
Top Bottom