[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Read my post again, i do this silly mistake everytime

Try swiftkey :) Try free from play store

Edit: I have a question, I got an app from amazon appstore for free [free day of the day] can i give that apk to my friend. I know how to do that but my question is, Is it piracy or not allowed something like that

Though I had got your mistake but still wanted to confirm :p

Yeah, have heard a lot about swift key, will try.

And regarding your question, of course it's piracy.

amjath

Human Spambot
Though I had got your mistake but still wanted to confirm :p

Yeah, have heard a lot about swift key, will try.

And regarding your question, of course it's piracy.

Yes I get it now. A purchased app cannot be installed on some other phone[another email account] unless it is cracked. Same goes to my case i guess

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Young has Snapdragon processor unlike Y-series which went with Broadcom. So theoretically any Android upto 4.3 will work fine provided someone spend some time trying to port CM10.1/10.2 from a working mobile.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Young has Snapdragon processor unlike Y-series which went with Broadcom. So theoretically any Android upto 4.3 will work fine provided someone spend some time trying to port CM10.1/10.2 from a working mobile.

Yeah, and that's what I'm waiting for.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read my post again, i do this silly mistake everytime

Try swiftkey :) Try free from play store

Edit: I have a question, I got an app from amazon appstore for free [free day of the day] can i give that apk to my friend. I know how to do that but my question is, Is it piracy or not allowed something like that

I've tried Swiftkey and some other keyboards but the best keyboard for me is the Kii keybaord.

ankush28

Bazinga
I'm noticing that apps (same version) are eating more RAM in 4.1.2 as as compared to 2.3. Strange.

I think you are missing one point
The features :)
Lets take example of Facebook app.
On play store only one version is avaiable(FB app dont vary with devices)
If you install on 4.1+ there is feature of FLOATING chat option , in GB lots of features are missing so ram consumption is also low.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well, you missed the point. What you said is extremely app specific. But let's say tapatalk, what special things you get to see or feel in it?

ankush28

Bazinga
no it isnt all about the holo theme ...
I missed one point too...

JB was a big major update with a lot of new goodies and functionality.
jellybean do a good job to make the best use of RAM by caching things. If there is any RAM not currently needed by running apps, it can be used to keep e.g. pieces of
the file system for faster access -- which also helps to save battery life. Once there is additional RAM needed, those files are cleared...
Cache system in JB is more improved then GB.
AND that is a very huge reason why we feel JB more smoother then GB.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
and I can vouch for that .. upgrading from ICS to JB - the phone feels buttery smooth now :D

amjath

Human Spambot
Aahh I don't know where my mind was while typing that post. Actually I by mistake read tg's post as ics to gb instead of jb. Even though I typed jb, my mind was reading it as gb, that's why I was shocked that why one would degrade from ics to gb ? Sorry my bad. :oops:

watching JB videos :rofl:

On topic: If u guys have Rootbox support please do give it a try, they have hell a lot of customisation apart from Halo and PIE

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys, do give this app a try. It's called "Aviate"

It is a homescreen replacement, and provides an all new experience, very different from how an android behaves.

I liked it so much that I was about to create a thread on it. :)

PS: It is still an invite only app, but don't worry, you'll be automatically invited after 2-4 days. I've also got 5 invitations to give away.

Top Bottom