Eyefinity setup under 150k-180k

d3p

PowerHouse
Just an Rough assumption

Three Dell U2412M Monitors : 18.5k each cost around 55.5k + Tax.

GTX 670 4GB SLI : close to 65k [as per flipkart]

Now OP is left with just mere 60k do deal with rest of the Core Component !...

Processor 19k, Motherboard 14k atleast, SSD 7k, Cabinet 5-7k, Keyboard - 7k....runnning out of budget.

Still one suggestion. Have a Single Monitor Dual Card Setup rather than Multi Card & Multi Monitor setup.

Or Get SLI or CF along with three Dell U2312HM, which cost 45k overall. Get either a Single HD 7990 or GTX Titan or GTX 690 for the setup rather than multi GPU's.

Everyone knows, how much efficient & bug free a single Card is compared to multi card irrespective of the fact whether they belong to Red OR Green Camp.

Rest OP's Choice.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
so haswell processor audience will not build a high end gaming pc? is this what you mean to say?
And if haswell releases why wont people buy haswell over the current line of processors? Isnt it odd... ? like buying an extreme edition of p4 when you can buy the core 2 duo?
haswell will take more than month(s) to come to india, and when it does op has to deal with the issue of escalated pricing.
And exactly what performance jump are you expecting with haswell? Intel themselves have stated that there will be a 15~20% increase over the current generation. I dont feel comfortable with shelling out the same amount of money for a new architecture having the same performance.

There is something also called as market acceptance. The pc industry has become so saturated that not everyone is willing to change from an sb to haswell in the blink of an eye. So also take that into account, it will be almost 1 year before haswell processors become affordable and VFM. This also means that the price levels of the current generation processors will remain stable for another 3-4 months at the minimum.

My point of view is simple, if you are in a hurry to build a pc do it now or 2 weeks down the line. If you really want VFM, wait for atleast 6 months.

EDIT :

intel confirmed haswell intro on 3rd June. OP can definitely wait till then.

The amd fx 8350 is not a 8 core processor. Please stop posting wrong facts. if the 3930k is a waste of money, then intel would be bankrupt till now.

Dont put words in to somebodys mouth. Nobody here is CHANGING from IB SB to Haswell. He is building a new rig. So it is worthwhile to wait for a companies new line up of products to show up and then compare and make the purchase. He is not building a budget PC he is building a Hi End rig where he can easily consider a newly launched Haswell. And how do you know or are so sure that it will come with escalated pricing. 20% performance increase is a lot boy. Market Acceptance ??? So you think Haswell wont be accepted by the market. People said the same thing about SB and then IB (heat, 10% increase in perf etc etc but everybody who bought a gaming PC got the i5 357K as defacto.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
yes yes, i have read about what you are typing. And i have seen the benches myself. The fx8350 only beats the i5 34xx / 35xx in multithreaded apps, it does not beat the i7 3770k. Not to say that the amd offering is weak, but it is pointless to compare a product which is twice the price and has better performance.

you talk about game development and new games, where are those promises of games using more than 8 threads? crysis is very heavily threaded and even you cannot deny that, yet it only uses 8 threads at max and it does not even utilize intel HT properly. So i find your argument of games going to use increased amount of cores ( more than 4 ) incorrect. After all there are only a few games which will have the graphics quality and the badly optimized code of crysis and are going to be released in the future.
Even then I am open to what you say, if you have some proof, post it here.

For any budget above 50k if gaming is the main concern, then the amd fx 8350 is not the way to go as simple as that, its useless to suggest a 4 core cpu from amd, which falls short of the i5. And please dont tell me that you can overclock the cpu, even if you do a max 20% gain is to be expected and that too even when you are considering overclocking near the extremes. Not everyone is able to afford a L2N cooling solution, and as it is temperature in india remains pretty high. And for a 20% gain theoretically, you are maybe increasing your fps by 10-15 on the higherside on any game.

Its always advisable to got for a stronger gpu and a medium cpu, unless you have a huge budget.

As i have already posted if you overclock in that case the amd leeches power in huge amounts. That means you need a massive psu, and you are putting all your components at risk if you are not using a really high end motherboard and a rock solid cooling system.

The only future which i am seeing right now is HSA, and that means in years to come the concept of cores will be gone all together. So i dont exactly know how you are typing what you are typing and to me. Once HSA is implemented, there will be no cores. only threads running on a single system which are unified in each aspect.

@cilus, please get your facts right before posting. In no way does a amd fx 8350 not scale as well as a i7 3770k for a cf / sli setup. Meaning to say that the amd fx 8350 does not bottleneck the sli or cf setup.

The whole point you are missing in this 8 core brouhaha, is that only 60% of todays intel based computers still run the 1st 2nd and 3rd version of the i7 / i5 combined. And i dont think that in 2 years, everyone is going to be riding on the 8 core brandwagon. Even for the developers its useless. If they start making games which are so demanding, no one is going buy them for the simple reason that pc's will be so expensive and the hardware will not be able to keep up with the software, and so every 6 months we will see a new pc architecture coming along.

Just think about this, games and applications are not about to be so multithreaded as you may claim them to be.

Yes i agree however when HSA picks up by 2015, the concept of cores will be gone.

Your knowledge is very limited about the current path of gaming industry. All you are doing is just comparing couple of games' performance chart rather than trying to understand how the Multi-Core Console designs are going to drive the direction of the game industry. I don't wanna start an AMD vs Intel fight again again. Just go through this article: Future-proofing your PC for next-gen gaming • Articles • Eurogamer.net

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
SO as usual Haswell with a 10 to 20 % performance increase and hopefully adhering to more instruction sets wont be disappointing to wait for. IMO,@ OP dont jump the gun.

But if you are willing to go for an AMD with a HiEnd Board ,you can do so cause Steamroller will still accept your old socket.Thats the beauty of it. Intel will be a dead end,if you buy an IB now,that is. And it does feel like a downer when after a month or two your friends will sport Hsswells and you despite spending a packet will be stuck with an old IB Rig!!

Dont put words in to somebodys mouth. Nobody here is CHANGING from IB SB to Haswell. He is building a new rig. So it is worthwhile to wait for a companies new line up of products to show up and then compare and make the purchase. He is not building a budget PC he is building a Hi End rig where he can easily consider a newly launched Haswell. And how do you know or are so sure that it will come with escalated pricing. 20% performance increase is a lot boy. Market Acceptance ??? So you think Haswell wont be accepted by the market. People said the same thing about SB and then IB (heat, 10% increase in perf etc etc but everybody who bought a gaming PC got the i5 357K as defacto.

first of all mind your tone, you dont put words in others mouths. You said a high end rig, its not that when the haswell come its gonna have the same price to performance ratio. It will be escalated pricing, in case you have not noticed take a look at the price of the gtx titan and the i7 3960x and the USA counterpart price.

dont call me boy. i warned you mind your tone. if you dont know dont post. Dont wank **** out of your ass. Yes google up on pc industry saturation.

People said a lot of things like doomsday, doesnt mean it happened right ?

Your knowledge is very limited about the current path of gaming industry. All you are doing is just comparing couple of games' performance chart rather than trying to understand how the Multi-Core Console designs are going to drive the direction of the game industry. I don't wanna start an AMD vs Intel fight again again. Just go through this article: Future-proofing your PC for next-gen gaming • Articles • Eurogamer.net

yes i can see how my knowledge is limited. I want concrete proof that games are going to be multithreaded and will use as much as 8 cores. Show me that, and then we have something to talk about. Dont want to argue otherwise.

i am still waiting for proof

everything you type or say is useless otherwise. if you have something to post, if not dont post here

all it says it that dual core cpus will not be useful.

Last edited:
SO as usual Haswell with a 10 to 20 % performance increase and hopefully adhering to more instruction sets wont be disappointing to wait for. IMO,@ OP dont jump the gun.

But if you are willing to go for an AMD with a HiEnd Board ,you can do so cause Steamroller will still accept your old socket.Thats the beauty of it. Intel will be a dead end,if you buy an IB now,that is. And it does feel like a downer when after a month or two your friends will sport Hsswells and you despite spending a packet will be stuck with an old IB Rig!!

will not happen

Intel or AMD? Since the arrival of Intel's Core 2 Duo processors, AMD has struggled to remain competitive, remaining in the game by offering its higher-tier parts at very competitive prices. In recent years it has bet the farm on multi-core performance - its latest flagship, the FX-8350, offers eight cores at 4.0GHz with no overclocking restrictions, while its Intel competitor - the Core i5 3570K - offers four cores at 3.4GHz. In a world where single-core performance still dominates, the Intel offering is still considered the better buy - it's certainly more power-efficient and has more overclocking potential.

We approached a number of developers on and off the record - each of whom has helped to ship multi-million-selling, triple-A titles - asking them whether an Intel or AMD processor offers the best way to future-proof a games PC built in the here and now. Bearing in mind the historical dominance Intel has enjoyed, the results are intriguing - all of them opted for the FX-8350 over the current default enthusiast's choice, the Core i5 3570K.

Perhaps it's not entirely surprising - Crytek's Crysis 3 is a forward-looking game in many ways, and as these CPU tests by respected German site PC Games Hardware demonstrate, not only does the FX-8350 outperform the i5, it also offers up an additional, minor margin of extra performance over the much more expensive Core i7 3770K - a processor that's around £100 more expensive than the AMD chip. Only the six-core Intel Core i7 3930K - a £480 processor - beats it comprehensively.

*media.bestofmicro.com/O/M/375430/original/Crysis3-CPU.png

A comparison of Epic's Elemental demo running on PS4 and the year-old version running on a Core i7 PC with GTX 680. We should expect many of the launch next-gen titles to be PC ports, rather than games designed to get the most out of the new console architecture.
It's a surprising state of affairs bearing in mind how modern games development typically works. In recent times, parallelising code over multiple cores has taken priority. It's the best way to get the same code working on Xbox 360 (three cores, six hardware threads), PS3 (six SPUs, one core, two hardware threads) and PC (anything from two to eight cores). Tasks are allocated as "job queues" that are spread out over whatever processing elements are available, and they are executed in parallel. Now, PlayStation 4 may well have eight cores, but they're running at just 1.6GHz. A Core i5 not only has massively superior single-thread performance, but it's also running at over twice the speed. The FX-8350 offers not only the same core count as PS4 but also a similarly impressive boost to clock speed. So in theory, chips from both vendors should easily outperform the next-gen consoles, but AMD has the potential to offer more performance at the same price-point - as Avalanche Studios' Chief Technical Office, Linus Blomberg, tells us.

"I'd go for the FX-8350, for two reasons. Firstly, it's the same hardware vendor as PS4 and there are always some compatibility issues that devs will have to work around (particularly in SIMD coding), potentially leading to an inferior implementation on other systems - not very likely a big problem in practice though," he says.

"Secondly, not every game engine is job-queue based, even though the Avalanche Engine is, some games are designed around an assumption of available hardware threads. The FX-8350 will clearly be much more powerful [than PS4] in raw processing power considering the superior clock speed, but in terms of architecture it can be a benefit to have the same number of cores so that an identical frame layout can be guaranteed."

In the here and now, games that favour AMD like Crysis 3 are the exception and not the rule. Intel is demonstrably the better choice for the current generation of games as pretty much every CPU review over the last several years demonstrates. However, bearing in mind how well established parallelisation is, it's surprising that AMD hasn't enjoyed more success. One source, who chooses to remain anonymous, tells us that the disparate architectures found in the current-gen consoles are partly responsible for this.

"Getting a common game architecture to run across both [Xbox 360 and PS3] is no easy feat and you have to take 'lowest common denominator' sometimes. This can mean that your engine, which is supposed to be 'wide' (ie. runs in parallel across many cores) ends up having bottlenecks where it can only run on a single core for part of the frame," he says.

A matter of RAM

Next-gen consoles adopt 8GB of unified memory as a baseline. In contrast, PC operates two distinct pools - system memory (DDR3) and video RAM (typically, GDDR5). Our advice for graphics is to get a card with as much GDDR5 as you can, but system memory also has to be factored in.
Linus Blomberg of Avalanche recommends 8GB of DDR3, while another of our sources believes that 12GB is a safer bet for future-proofing your PC, bearing in mind the overhead required by Windows combined with the fact that graphics data needs to spool from system RAM into the GPU's onboard memory.
1600MHz DDR3 currently offers the best mixture of value and performance. Most motherboards accept four modules - our recommendation would be 2x 4GB to begin with, adding additional modules into the spare slots if RAM does prove to be an issue.
"This usually isn't an issue, except when you come to scaling up to PC architecture. If your engine works in a certain way then running more in parallel helps for part of the frame, but you still get stuck on the bottlenecks. This is why, I think, that most games that are 'ported' to PC work better with fewer more powerful cores, like the i5. The single-threaded grunt is enough to get you through the bottlenecks and drive a faster frame-rate."

Crysis 3 - here benchmarked on a GeForce Titan and a GTX 680 using a six-core i7 overclocked to 4.8GHz. V-sync is disabled here to maximise GPU output - as soon as a frame is ready it is displayed on-screen. It's interesting to note that the fact that the Titan has 3x the RAM of the 680 doesn't seem to make any difference, even with the level of detail seen in this richest of games. It'll take time for devs to truly make the most of the huge amount of memory next-gen consoles offer.
The same source also sees AMD as a better long term bet than Intel:

"This (Sony) approach of more cores, lower clock, but out-of-order execution will alter the game engine design to be more parallel. If games want to get the most from the chips then they have to go 'wide'... they cannot rely on a powerful single-threaded CPU to run the game as first-gen PS3 and Xbox 360 games did. So, I would probably go for the AMD as well, as this might better match a console port of a game... based on what we know so far."

Engines like Frostbite 2/3 and CryEngine 3 are built with the future in mind - they are tailored towards getting the most out of PC in the present, with the developers knowing that the investment here will directly transition across to next-gen console development. It's a trend we're likely to see becoming more prevalent as x86 processors become the standard across all major triple-A platforms.

There are reasons to stick with Intel, of course. Power efficiency is markedly improved, you can overclock virtually any Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge chip to 4.2GHz (and perhaps beyond) very easily, plus you will get that performance boost in older games over the AMD architecture. But it's worth bearing in mind that there's no upgrade path with the current socket 1155 boards used to run mainstream Intel processors (a new 1150 standard arrives with the Haswell architecture in the summer), while it's believed that the current AMD AM3+ socket standard is good for at least one more CPU generation.

For existing PC owners suddenly looking to jump ship from Intel to AMD, pause for a moment - of all the components, CPU power is probably the least of the concerns the PC platform has, compared to the PlayStation 4 at least. After all, the AMD Jaguar cores in the next-gen consoles were designed to compete with Intel's low-power Atom architecture, created with tablets and low-power laptops in mind. Even with eight of them, today's quad-core and octo-core desktop processors outright own them in terms of processing power. What really sets PlayStation 4 apart from PC is graphics power and bandwidth across the system - the amounts of data that flow freely between the major processing elements.

ALL this does is compare and explain how the ps4 is 8 core and therefore you should also go for 8 core.

and its worth nothing, that everyone seems to agree on the single point that the ps4 architecture yet similar are very different.

i think we have established, that the fx 8350 though good, cannot simply compare to its counterpart intel offerings.

so what this means to say is that, the ps4 has an 8 core processor, so you should go for a 8 core processor, but the next generation game designs will be all about hsa

Last edited:

DDIF

Custom User Title
Well I won't get into much debate but to tell the truth and TBH, I think my current rig sucks so I am also thinking of a new setup. Sure in MT apps AMD rules and NIX rather than Windows take more advantage of AMD but for games AMD sucks and sucks big time.
Now all this discussion have me confused as to choose what, I can wait for two months at the max, so what best can I get under 200k. I don't need multi-monitor setup though. I will use above 50" LED for display and want the best gaming experience. So count me in with the OP for your suggestions.

nginx

In the zone

There will always be something new around the horizon. No point in waiting for Haswell. Let his friends sport Haswell, who cares? Not everybody cares about the e-peen you know. Ivy Bridge will give him the performance he desires and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

There will always be something new around the horizon. No point in waiting for Haswell. Let his friends sport Haswell, who cares? Not everybody cares about the e-peen you know. Ivy Bridge will give him the performance he desires and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

specially if one is in a need of a pc, if OP could have waited a little longer i would have suggested him to get the same config, so he would have saved some money, and invested in a dual gtx 690 setup. which would obviously have been much better then getting a new haswell based system.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
first of all mind your tone, you dont put words in others mouths. You said a high end rig, its not that when the haswell come its gonna have the same price to performance ratio. It will be escalated pricing, in case you have not noticed take a look at the price of the gtx titan and the i7 3960x and the USA counterpart price.

dont call me boy. i warned you mind your tone. if you dont know dont post. Dont wank **** out of your ass. Yes google up on pc industry saturation.

People said a lot of things like doomsday, doesnt mean it happened right ?

OOh Boy......

First things first, EDIT :be careful with the language you use,be a bit civilized then read and comprehend before you argue.I have seen many like you in forums fly by night types! Anyways.....

First things first ,Im not an amplifier that Ill have tone controls!:lol:
Secondly why do bring in a LGA 2011 Flagship processor in comparison when all Im asking is to wait for Haswell. If you delve deep in to history from Conroe/Wolfdale/Gulftown (i hope you know what that is} to Sandy/IVY days Intel always had the X series of processors and they were never ever forever priced sanely. They are not supposed to either. Thats company's flagship /benchmark thats why they always commanded a premium.Its very shallow of you to get them and conclude the pricing strategy of a company. They will remain that way while mainstream processor or the K series will be priced more sanely because they are mass market.

When Haswell will come it will be priced accordingly to commensurate its 15/20% performance increase. Thats justified.

When you go in for a debate keep specific products inline of debate,dont bring in GPUs. Because processors and GPUs have a complete different scenarios that they work in. So wise up. Read some more.

And when that horizon is 30 days away I think its plain childish impulse working over the better of you,aint? Nobody here cares either for your naive childidsh input.

Last edited:
OOh Boy......

First things first, EDIT :be careful with the language you use,be a bit civilized then read and comprehend before you argue.I have seen many like you in forums fly by night types! Anyways.....

First things first ,Im not an amplifier that Ill have tone controls!:lol:
Secondly why do bring in a LGA 2011 Flagship processor in comparison when all Im asking is to wait for Haswell. If you delve deep in to history from Conroe/Wolfdale/Gulftown (i hope you know what that is} to Sandy/IVY days Intel always had the X series of processors and they were never ever forever priced sanely. They are not supposed to either. Thats company's flagship /benchmark thats why they always commanded a premium.Its very shallow of you to get them and conclude the pricing strategy of a company. They will remain that way while mainstream processor or the K series will be priced more sanely because they are mass market.

When Haswell will come it will be priced accordingly to commensurate its 15/20% performance increase. Thats justified.

When you go in for a debate keep specific products inline of debate,dont bring in GPUs. Because processors and GPUs have a complete different scenarios that they work in. So wise up. Read some more.

And when that horizon is 30 days away I think its plain childish impulse working over the better of you,aint? Nobody here cares either for your naive childidsh input.

really? trying to be as civilized as possible, you started with the name calling, and you are the one posting facts which dont exist. So i dont see what i did wrong there. This is getting too offtopic

have you even read the points that i have made? and what exactly do you mean by fly by night? because you have no other answer you can only troll and insult others

anyhow im not really the eat-bullshit guy, so im reporting your post.

The reason is that a 3930k is affordable in this budget and it definitely makes sense to go for it. take that advice and read something yourself.

and as far as the series with the unlocked multiplier is concerned the point of discussion was not that, the point was that any new series will always have a lower efficiency / dollar compared to the old one at launch. Specially where the adaption rate is slow, not to mention the time and cost it takes for new socket based components to arrive in india.

i know all those codenames of the processor series you are mentioning. and what argument you are giving is really run of the mill, i expect better answers from people here. Dont waste my and others time, by chit chatting. There is facebook for that.

I demanded proof, you dont have any. End of story.

stop name calling, its not funny and its not acceptable.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Calm down.
What proof do you want? Thats what we are not getting. There is no need to provide any proof for my argument.

My argument is Haswell is just around the corner so lets be patient before making a big ticket purchase.

Now what proof do you need for that.:lol:

@OP please tell me what you decided to get.

OP you have mentioned, that you want a pc by MAY, finalize your config and post some pics. Best of luck :)

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
If the guy wants the rig strictly in May, there is no use of recommending haswell.If you can wait a bit like maybe till July you can go ahead and get haswell, which is not a dead platform like ivy, though the gains will be around 10%.Also nvidia may launch the 7 series in June.If you can w8 till then, you will have your money's worth.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Exactly ,no point in getting carried away,if you can do wait for the Taipei launch. If you cant, as I said its your call and prerogative.The thread was started in March and its May tomorrow so,thats the sole reason ,if you can do wait. OP,Its a lot of money that you are putting in.

what you guys cannot understand is that with that budget op is looking at flagship models, and we all know the pricing disparity of that

nginx

In the zone

Is insulting members here the only thing you do best?

Funny to see you warning another member about his tone. You get treated exactly how you treat others. No surprise there.

I will still advise OP to not wait for anything. Go for what is available now. The price/performance is at a very sweet spot for IVY Bridge right now. It will take time for Haswell to come to India after its launch in USA. You will also be paying a very high premium for Haswell just for a paltry 10% increase in performance because it will be Intel's flagship product. I remember very well how retailers in India were looting customers when Sandy Bridge was just launched.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Is insulting members here the only thing you do best?

Funny to see you warning another member about his tone. You get treated exactly how you treat others. No surprise there.

I will still advise OP to not wait for anything. Go for what is available now. The price/performance is at a very sweet spot for IVY Bridge right now. It will take time for Haswell to come to India after its launch in USA. You will also be paying a very high premium for Haswell just for a paltry 10% increase in performance because it will be Intel's flagship product. I remember very well how retailers in India were looting customers when Sandy Bridge was just launched.

very good point.

EDIT:

cilus also said, nothing about waiting for haswell and suggested the op to go for 3770k. And i think we know, that cilus has better knowledge in this field, than most of us.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
idk what u guys are talking about to wait or not to wait while op has clearly mentioned that he will not wait so guys suggest amendments to his rig according to that..........