Eyefinity setup under 150k-180k

HCgamer101

Banned
Re: Eyefinity setup under 80k-100k

i am not updated with the prices, something you can google and others can provide.

this should be your basic config

i7 3820 / i7 3770k / i7 3930k
x79 / z77
16GB ddr3
2x7970
tx 850
intel 520 / samsung 840 pro
1tb hdd

the rest of the budget will go to the 3 monitors.
and you are going to need all the money you can spare.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vincee777

Broken In

i7 3829????? What kind of processor that is??? Do u mean 3820???

I heard next gen consoles are using 8 core so it is very necessary for me to buy a proccy which is of more than 4 cores. Intel or Amd doesnt matter to me.

HCgamer101

Banned

i7 3829????? What kind of processor that is??? Do u mean 3820???

I heard next gen consoles are using 8 core so it is very necessary for me to buy a proccy which is of more than 4 cores. Intel or Amd doesnt matter to me.

yes that was a typo. Who is spreading these rumours? that the next gen games are going to use 8cores? There is no cpu on the market except for server class which are truly 8 core. even the 3970x the newly released cpu is a 8core cpu with 2 cores locked.

EDIT :

if you want to overclock its fine, but overclocking is overrated. And with 2 7950s you will already be generating a high amount of heat. If you overclock you will also need to spend and get a good quality psu like 800w, not to mention an after market cooler and some additional case fans.

You want to stick with a dual gpu setup in case of eyefinity, because you are going to need all the extra Vram for loading large buffers.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse

Update your First post with revised requirements.

HCgamer101

Banned

ASUS 7970 x 2 @ 68k
i7 3930k @ 42k
dell 3x monitor @ 25k
ECS x79 @ 20k
tx 850 @ 8k
corsair 400r @ 4.5k
intel 520 256GB @ 16k
16GB ram @ 10k

maybe you can skip the 3930k, according to your requirement, if you wanna add something else.

OP
V

Vincee777

Broken In

@d3p

Edited!!!

I was thinking about this config....

Intel Core i7 3930k
Asus Rampage IV Formula
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 2133
2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.rpm
Asus Dvd Writer
Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Logitech g500
Corsair Vengeance k60
X2 HD 7970 or x2 7950...

Any changes here and there???

Pls suggest

SSD
PSU
MONITOR
COOLER
SPEAKERS
UPS..

Thanks

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ AVOID CROSSFIRE NOW There are driver issues.
Stick with SLI . I suggest a 680 4gb SLI. 4gb will be advantageous in surround resolution.

A single 690 will be an elegant option as its solidly build ( best build quality in the world along with GTX titan), makes extremely less noise and runs cool.

I would have suggested titan sli, but it won't fit your budget as they'll alone cost you 150k. :p

For cpu, you can go for an FX8350. The cpu promises great performance in future games owing to its eight integer cores.
Its starting to show its power in crysis 3 as it performs same as 3770k.

With the reduced platform cost, get a better gpu setup.

Last edited:

HCgamer101

Banned
^^ AVOID CROSSFIRE NOW There are driver issues.
Stick with SLI . I suggest a 680 4gb SLI. 4gb will be advantageous in surround resolution.

A single 690 will be an elegant option as its solidly build ( best build quality in the world along with GTX titan), makes extremely less noise and runs cool.

I would have suggested titan sli, but it won't fit your budget as they'll alone cost you 150k. :p

For cpu, you can go for an FX8350. The cpu promises great performance in future games owing to its eight integer cores.
Its starting to show its power in crysis 3 as it performs same as 3770k.

With the reduced platform cost, get a better gpu setup.

yes this is also a possible build, and it is future proof as well. But i still wont suggest to go for a 8350 and get a 3820 / 3770k and then later overclock a little if the cpu is hindering the dual gtx 690 performance.

this is your build :

1. 3770k / 3820
2. z77 / x79
3. GTX 690
4. Corsair 1000HX ( considering you go for a dual gtx 690 + room for overclocking cpu )
5. 256GB ssd intel 520 / samsung 840 pro
6. Carbide 400R
7. 16GB ram 8GB x 2

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I would say wait for a month,Computex is just a month away. Buy it after that. Its a big budget PC,so dont make half choices.

HCgamer101

Banned
I would say wait for a month,Computex is just a month away. Buy it after that. Its a big budget PC,so dont make half choices.

but even if something new is announced, it will be months away and for india that means 2+months to the original figure. Specially since intel just released the 3970x i dont think a haswell is coming so soon.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
but even if something new is announced, it will be months away and for india that means 2+months to the original figure. Specially since intel just released the 3970x i dont think a haswell is coming so soon.

Dont mix up 3970X Target audience with Haswell processors target audience,which is mass market in ever sense of the word while X processors are segment specific/flagship. Even if Haswell take more than a month to come down atleast he will have a clearer picture of the scene and wont end up feeling shortchanged.I would say its worth the wait rather than jumping the gun when the release is just a month away.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
OP go with the FX 8350 itself. Very VFM Proc and it will last you long in gaming since it has 8 cores. The 3930k is simply a waste of money ...

HCgamer101

Banned
Dont mix up 3970X Target audience with Haswell processors target audience,which is mass market in ever sense of the word while X processors are segment specific/flagship. Even if Haswell take more than a month to come down atleast he will have a clearer picture of the scene and wont end up feeling shortchanged.I would say its worth the wait rather than jumping the gun when the release is just a month away.

so haswell processor audience will not build a high end gaming pc? is this what you mean to say?
And if haswell releases why wont people buy haswell over the current line of processors? Isnt it odd... ? like buying an extreme edition of p4 when you can buy the core 2 duo?
haswell will take more than month(s) to come to india, and when it does op has to deal with the issue of escalated pricing.
And exactly what performance jump are you expecting with haswell? Intel themselves have stated that there will be a 15~20% increase over the current generation. I dont feel comfortable with shelling out the same amount of money for a new architecture having the same performance.

There is something also called as market acceptance. The pc industry has become so saturated that not everyone is willing to change from an sb to haswell in the blink of an eye. So also take that into account, it will be almost 1 year before haswell processors become affordable and VFM. This also means that the price levels of the current generation processors will remain stable for another 3-4 months at the minimum.

My point of view is simple, if you are in a hurry to build a pc do it now or 2 weeks down the line. If you really want VFM, wait for atleast 6 months.

EDIT :

intel confirmed haswell intro on 3rd June. OP can definitely wait till then.

OP go with the FX 8350 itself. Very VFM Proc and it will last you long in gaming since it has 8 cores. The 3930k is simply a waste of money ...

The amd fx 8350 is not a 8 core processor. Please stop posting wrong facts. if the 3930k is a waste of money, then intel would be bankrupt till now.

OP
V

Vincee777

Broken In
How about this config

Processor- AMD FX 8350
Motherboard- ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Ram- Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2
Hdd- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12
Ssd- Intel 840 120gb
Graphic Card- x2 Nvidia Gtx 670(SLI)
DVD- ASUS DVD Writer
Cabinet- Cooler Master Storm Stryker
PSU- Corsair TX-750 V2
Mouse- Logitech G500
Keyboard- Corsair Vengeance K60
Monitor- Dell Ultrasharp U2412hm x3(EYEFINITY)

No have to build this pc in this month only cant wait..:-D

HCgamer101

Banned
How about this config

Processor- AMD FX 8350
Motherboard- ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Ram- Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2
Hdd- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12
Ssd- Intel 840 120gb
Graphic Card- x2 Nvidia Gtx 670(SLI)
DVD- ASUS DVD Writer
Cabinet- Cooler Master Storm Stryker
PSU- Corsair TX-750 V2
Mouse- Logitech G500
Keyboard- Corsair Vengeance K60
Monitor- Dell Ultrasharp U2412hm x3(EYEFINITY)

No have to build this pc in this month only cant wait..:-D

get intel. fx 8350 is useless unless you are running very very heavy multithreaded apps or you have a budget constraint.

1. get intel 520
2. dont go for 670 sli, get a gtx690

if you are really inclined to go for a 8350, get a dual gtx 690 set up. and a 1200w psu at the minimum, not to add some massive after market cooler and additional case fans.

@OP : dont chose a cabinet for its looks, but for its utility first. You dont want a ferrari which cant go more than 100 Miles per hour.

OP
V

Vincee777

Broken In
No have to build this pc in this month only i.e., may......

If i buy 3930k my budget easily overshoots....

Gtx 690 is very power hungry + costly too....

like i said i want more than 4 cores proccy...

HCgamer101

Banned
No have to build this pc in this month only i.e., may......

If i buy 3930k my budget easily overshoots....

Gtx 690 is very power hungry + costly too....

like i said i want more than 4 cores proccy...

and what are you going to do with a processor with more than 4 cores?

show me one game which uses more than 8 threads except for crysis.

take a look at this

*cdn.overclock.net/d/d3/350x700px-LL-d3796154_proz20amd.jpeg

*cdn.overclock.net/b/ba/350x700px-LL-ba153285_proz20intel.jpeg

and decide for yourself, if you really need a more than 4 core processor.

you have a 150k budget, if you dont take a gtx 690 . then lower the budget and get a dual 7870 cf rig. There is no point in spending 180k and building a rig with a fx8350 alongwith sli gtx 670.

here read this :

The FX 8350 definitely consumes more power. Anandtech, Techreport, Tomshardware etc. all agree on that.

An excerpt from AnandTech:

However the areas in which we'd recommend it are limited to those heavily threaded applications that show very little serialization. As our compiler benchmark shows, a good balance of single and multithreaded workloads within a single application can dramatically change the standings between AMD and Intel. You have to understand your workload very well to know whether or not Vishera is the right platform for it. Even if the fit is right, you have to be ok with the increased power consumption over Intel as well.
From Tech Report:

The other major consideration here is power consumption, and really, the FX-8350 isn't even the same class of product as the Ivy Bridge Core i5 processors on this front. There's a 48W gap between the TDP ratings of the Core i5 parts and the FX-8350, but in our tests, the actual difference at the wall socket between two similarly configured systems under load was over 100W. That gap is large enough to force the potential buyer to think deeply about the class of power supply, case, and CPU cooler he needs for his build. One could definitely get away with less expensive components for a Core i5 system.

if you go for a 8350 rig, with a dual gtx 670, you will need a 1200w PSU if you go overclocking happy.

so its the same thing, with amd you lose money, because of increase psu cost and increased electricity bill. What you decide now is upto you. I have posted my views.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
HCGamer101, right now most of the Applications including the games are becoming Multi-threaded and FX-8350 offers a storng point because of its Price-performance ratio. It is not like that Crysis 3 is the only game to support optimized Multi-threading. Dig a lille about the current generation consoles and how they are gonna change the game development directions.
However, in this case, I don't think FX-8350 is a good option as OP has a huge budget. In both SLI and Crossfire of the highest end cards, FX-8350 does not scale well compared to Intel i7 3770k. My vote is for i7-3770K.

HCgamer101

Banned
HCGamer101, right now most of the Applications including the games are becoming Multi-threaded and FX-8350 offers a storng point because of its Price-performance ratio. It is not like that Crysis 3 is the only game to support optimized Multi-threading. Dig a lille about the current generation consoles and how they are gonna change the game development directions.
However, in this case, I don't think FX-8350 is a good option as OP has a huge budget. In both SLI and Crossfire of the highest end cards, FX-8350 does not scale well compared to Intel i7 3770k. My vote is for i7-3770K.

yes yes, i have read about what you are typing. And i have seen the benches myself. The fx8350 only beats the i5 34xx / 35xx in multithreaded apps, it does not beat the i7 3770k. Not to say that the amd offering is weak, but it is pointless to compare a product which is twice the price and has better performance.

you talk about game development and new games, where are those promises of games using more than 8 threads? crysis is very heavily threaded and even you cannot deny that, yet it only uses 8 threads at max and it does not even utilize intel HT properly. So i find your argument of games going to use increased amount of cores ( more than 4 ) incorrect. After all there are only a few games which will have the graphics quality and the badly optimized code of crysis and are going to be released in the future.
Even then I am open to what you say, if you have some proof, post it here.

For any budget above 50k if gaming is the main concern, then the amd fx 8350 is not the way to go as simple as that, its useless to suggest a 4 core cpu from amd, which falls short of the i5. And please dont tell me that you can overclock the cpu, even if you do a max 20% gain is to be expected and that too even when you are considering overclocking near the extremes. Not everyone is able to afford a L2N cooling solution, and as it is temperature in india remains pretty high. And for a 20% gain theoretically, you are maybe increasing your fps by 10-15 on the higherside on any game.

Its always advisable to got for a stronger gpu and a medium cpu, unless you have a huge budget.

As i have already posted if you overclock in that case the amd leeches power in huge amounts. That means you need a massive psu, and you are putting all your components at risk if you are not using a really high end motherboard and a rock solid cooling system.

The only future which i am seeing right now is HSA, and that means in years to come the concept of cores will be gone all together. So i dont exactly know how you are typing what you are typing and to me. Once HSA is implemented, there will be no cores. only threads running on a single system which are unified in each aspect.

@cilus, please get your facts right before posting. In no way does a amd fx 8350 not scale as well as a i7 3770k for a cf / sli setup. Meaning to say that the amd fx 8350 does not bottleneck the sli or cf setup.

The whole point you are missing in this 8 core brouhaha, is that only 60% of todays intel based computers still run the 1st 2nd and 3rd version of the i7 / i5 combined. And i dont think that in 2 years, everyone is going to be riding on the 8 core brandwagon. Even for the developers its useless. If they start making games which are so demanding, no one is going buy them for the simple reason that pc's will be so expensive and the hardware will not be able to keep up with the software, and so every 6 months we will see a new pc architecture coming along.

Just think about this, games and applications are not about to be so multithreaded as you may claim them to be.

Yes i agree however when HSA picks up by 2015, the concept of cores will be gone.