DSLR Dilemma......

sujoyp

Grand Master
nope in Nagpur I dont need a dry cab...there weather is anyways too dry....but problem comes when I move to other places..I will get that dry cab afterwards...but will get that box, hygrometer and silica

I am planning a D7000+Sigma 150-500 or Nikon 300mm f4 in november ...I was panning this for long but could not buy it

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Woah ...big ticket purchase,yeah for travelling that Dehumidifier is great. More over I came across BRNO dri+Cap Dehumidifier Cap System Review – by C.S. Muncy | The Photo Brigade while looking for solutions

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yeah honestly it is. The other better option and chepaer too is the Dehumidifier and some Silica Gel Sachet in the bags,compartment. Since Kolkata is very humid and even more so during the Monsoons ,I followed the step by step procedure of Boxing my gear. Thats is switch on the AC in Dry mode for half an hour and then place all the gear in the air tight box and seal it and place it in a cool dry place along with the dehumidifier and the Hygrometer,the last two components are yet to reach me!Hence I have just put a packet of Silica gel for now.

Got the JJC Lens Hood for the 18-55mm Lens. This does not create any Vignetting.

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/n7iu.jpg/][IMG]*img96.imageshack.us/img96/8909/n7iu.jpg[/URL]

*img594.imageshack.us/img594/9949/13ej.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
lens hood...hmm I never use it ..will try it ...all lenses have hood but I just put it inversed

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
This Canon twin Lens kit didnt come with any hood,does Nikon provide them by default? I have observed that theres no universal lens hood,and if anybody tries to do that one lens hood fits all then vignetting is becomes an issue rather than better contrast and colors. So I got this low profile ones for the 18-55mm and will get the JJC LS-58 which is bigger in profile for the 55-250mm.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Canon didnt provide any for the 55-250mm. And to buy Canon Hood is like spending Rs 1500+ and I think its a rip off! JJC is good too but quarter the price.My Dehumidifier has already been shipped! Will put up the entire storage set up photo once everything arrives.

Did you place the order for the Hygrometer and Dehumidifier?

This is what you get in ebay India ,the seller is located in Kolkata.....*www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trksid=p45...midifier&_nkw=dehumidifier&_sacat=0&_from=R40

*www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_odkw=dehum....TRC0.A0.XHygrometer&_nkw=Hygrometer&_sacat=0

sujoyp

Grand Master
how about getting silica pouch and putting it in box ...I can get those from chemist ...and we have hygrometer to check on humidity soo no risk

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The medical store Silica gel pouches are for small coverage area say a bottle or a small box. Silica Gel will loose its efficiency in about every two to max five days as it will soak up moisture in an open environment. The work around is to microwave it, cool it and then using it again. The dehumidifier has orange gel and is plug for two hours and good to go for seven days no need of a microwave. In a closed airtight box with about 7 open and close will last you around a month. The coverage area of the dehumidifier is greater and is actually cheaper with quality gel and a heating element built in working in both 110/240,perfect for those once/twice in a year holiday abroad.

Dr. House

No Regrets
Sorry to hijack this thread but I am on the same confusion. Recently Canon launched an offer where they are providing EOS 600D with Kit two lenses EF S18-55 IS II & EF S55-250 IS II for just 37k on flipkart. Can anybody tell me about the performance of this 55-250 lens? :?

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Its good really,quite sharp with good color reproduction.More so with a Lens Hood as I have read in some forums where people are using it.

At Rs 37K the twin Lens kit is a steal.Buy it.

*www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-ef-s-55-250mm-f-4-5-6-is-ii-lens-review-22366

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes its really a steal ...canon is clever here ...they released a new 55-250 STM lens and want to clear this old stock...soo they just sold it as bundle

in any case 55-250 IS is a good lens ...its almost 2nd lens people buy .

Dr. House

No Regrets
How much is this 55-250 lens can zoom? Is there any disadvantage to get this old model?

Actually I am going to buy my first DSLR. Should I get D5100 with 15-55 for 27k or spend 10k more for this Canon kit with two lenses?

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The new model hasnt been released in India yet but will be shortly. The new model is the same as the old one but has faster focusing in Video and creates no or less noise while doing that.But the old one has 4 stop image stabilization over the 3.5 for the new one. So the old one is better in this crucial aspect actually.And yes the STM has better build and it costs Rs 21500 in the US right now.

The jist is .... buy the combo and you wont be at any loss.....

Top Bottom