DSLR Dilemma......

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Im planning to buy a DSLR before the festive season. Im crossed between buying the Canon 1100D with better 18-105/18-200 or a Canon 550/600/650D with stock lens at the moment and upgrade later. My question being a novice is how much actual difference is there between the bodies as far as Image Quality is concerned in comparison to the cheapest 1100D.

sujoyp

Grand Master
There is just 10% difference in image quality....its all about better body, more features , better focus etc

if u can buy lens later then get better body now...coz u will keep the body for 2-3 years min and keep adding lenses as per need.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Im getting an offer of Canon 600D with 18-55 and 55-250 for Rs 40,000 and Rs 33,000 for the 1100D. What I prefer again being a novice a single but cheap 18-135/105 do it all Lens. Sujoy as you mentioned 10 % difference,then shouldnt I be better off with the 1100D? Please correct me if Im wrong,and elaborate with your experience,thank you.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Price you quoted for 1100D is too expensive. There was an offer for around 26k (twin lens kit).

I guess the 10% is IQ. The price you pay extra is for features not just IQ.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes the 10% image quality difference..........not too much for us...And no one can diffrenciate if pic is taken correctly

but if u are getting 1100D for 33 and 600D for 40k then eye closed get 600D offer....but like nac said there were many offers for 1100D for far less...and it can be a deal to get it for 26k and maybe with saved money you can invest in other things as well to start.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thanks for the replies. Could you guys tell me where do I find the Canon 1100D with twin lens kit for Rs 26,000? And then accordingly am I overpaying for the 600D twin lens kit too? Please let me know. And one more painful novice question ,how useful is the 55 - 250 mm lens in actuals,wont it be better if I swap it for 18-135/105 lens?

That is getting an all in one if I dont need the 250mm range.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have seen one of my friend using 18-135 very successfully ...and he had only one lens for a long time...

people say that twin lens kit gives better image quality and sharpness then all in one...but all in one are move convenient ....if u are really interested and compromise a bit on 250mm end then you can have 18-135 too...coz price seems to be same :)

check my friends link *www.facebook.com/sahirsismail/photos_albums

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Can you please refer to some good but cheap 18-135 Lens for the 600D [I have settled for the body] by Canon, Tamron and Sigma And according to you what should be the best price to pay for a Canon EOS 600D with a 18-55 single and 55-25 dual lens kit and just the body?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
but you dont have many choices...canon have only one 18-135 ...or you can have tamron 18-200 pzd

god...canon have increased the prices too much...18-135 alone cost 34k at amazon.in :( ....you better read some reviews about tamron 18-200 pzd and sigma 18-200 dc os hsm both costing around 25k

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
How is this for example TAMRON AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) For Canon DSLR Cameras | eBay

@ Its impossible to find a Canon EOS600D with 18-55mm kit lens within Rs 30K, The best I got till now is Rs 32K !!! Is the price good ,even CAmera Exchange at Chowringhe is quoting Rs 33K!

nac

Aspiring Novelist
OP,
1100D with twin lens kit for 28.4k is the best I could find. EBAY
600D with twin lens kit for 37k+ EBAY (check other sites too)
600D with 18-135 for 46k+ EBAY (check other sites too)
600D with 18-55 for under 30k EBAY (check other sites too)

check my friends link *www.facebook.com/sahirsismail/photos_albums
This content is currently unavailable.

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok you can check this -> *www.flickr.com/photos/sahir_ismail/
they are not amazing...but he is my friend and I think the pic are descent for just a 18-135 :)

@op dont think about tamron 18-200 di ld ...its slow to focus and no VR ....its much better to get 18-270 pzd version

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Ill try stores tomorrow for better prices otherwise ill order from ebay. Thanks so much for the links,Nac.

@ Sujoy, Thank you ill definitely avoid that lens.

I checked the 600D at the store today,the camera build quality is good but the Lens both the 18-55 and the 55-250 OMG utter crap ,plastiky crap. The Canon 18-135 STM IS though was great in comparison,but costs more than the body of 600D at Rs 34K at Image Square, South City Mall.Ill have to buy the Camera with the twin lens kit tomorrow,come hell or high water!

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
ok you can check this -> *www.flickr.com/photos/sahir_ismail/
they are not amazing...but he is my friend and I think the pic are descent for just a 18-135 :)

His are good. I saw first few photographs. In most of the photographs he had cranked up the ISO... :)

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thanks @ Sujoy and Nac......

Nac you really helped to get the price right!

Got the Canon EOS 600D SLR with Kit III EF S18-55 IS II & EF S55-250 IS II for Rs 35,800 in Kolkata,at Esplanade!!!:cloud9::hyper::bananana::-D
I had to bargain real hard for the last Rs 200,Rs 36K was easy,comparatively or cunningly!!

You can have it in Ebay for Rs 37,050 with Coupon.
Flipkart Rs 38,698 [they have EMI too]

Now Im looking for accesories. Im looking to buy a good but small bag that will house both the lenses alonf with the Camera. I sorted Lowepro Toploaders ,please suggest if you know of some better within Rs 2K. National Geographic bags were horribly expensive.But I liked the Style.

One more thing, can I use Micro SD C10 UHS1 with adapter or I should buy SD class 10 UHS1.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Great!!! Congratulations!!! :doublethumb:

The best deal for this combo I ever seen.

I don't think it's a good choice to go for Micro SD. I don't know... Let's see what DSLR users say about this.

Post your work in photography thread... :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nice offer...congrats :)

dont compromise on sd cards...get a minimum 8 GB class 6 card ....u will be happy for long ....my single sandisk ultra 8GB SD card is working great for last 3 years and 25k shots :D

bag...which type of bag you want, sholder bag, bagpack, sling ....I think most comfortable to pick the dslr will be sling bag
I have 3 bags...sholder bag free from nikon, sling tamrac 6x and a lowepro backpack

This backpack Tamrac Jazz seems good for its price Tamrac Jazz 81 (Model#4281) Camera Bag - Tamrac: Flipkart.com

or increase ur budget to 3500 and get this ->Case Logic TBC-410 Camera Bag - Case Logic: Flipkart.com

or another cheap solution is look for Tamrac velocity 8x ...I use 6x and can carry dslr+55-200 and a 50mm soo maybe 8x is bigger...9x is 3200...it will also take ur gear Tamrac Velocity 9x Compact Sling Pack (Model# 5769) Camera Bag - Tamrac: Flipkart.com

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I really liked the Jazz. Awesome and more like the Lowepro ProRunner 200 AW but much cheaper. Thank you. What do you think of this one.....Lowepro Passport Sling II Camera Bag -RED | eBay

For SD cards Im looking at STRONTIUM 32GB NITRO UHS-I 466X MICRO SD CARD (CLASS 10) | eBay with an adapter

Or

Strontium 400x SDHC 32GB - Class 10 UHS-1 SD Memory Card Retail Pack | eBay

Or

Sony SF-32Ux Class 10 (32GB - 94MB/s) Memory Card + 5 Years Sony Warranty | eBay

Top Bottom