DSLR Dilemma......

sujoyp

Grand Master
I checked that sling bag ....it looks more like a sholder bag...and look girlish

u can try stontium ....I have never tried it before...

sony is good brand ...u can go for transcend too...they r quit popular in US

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Ha ha ha
Ok so I give that bag a miss.

This is one thing I really want to know,is using a Micro SD card with an adapter a problem with DSLRs or its just fine?

sujoyp

Grand Master
sorry never heard anyone using...but y do u want to use it soo badly...if u dont have enough money just use the free one or get a cheap one now...and upgrade the memory card later...its very cheap ..just 200-300 rs :)

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
aaah you didnt check the links, my budget is around Rs 2000 for the SD card. Now why the MicroSD because the awesome Strontium Nitro dosnt come in SD format in India,at the moment,hence. I have sorted the very best among SD at that budget and put up the links,just check them and give your inputs.The dp says its alright but I thought lets be sure.::):

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm but nitro is not that great actually with 70MBps read...even the sony one beats it with write speed of 40MBps and read speed of 95MBps

Sandisk extreme also have 45MBps write and 95MBps read ...sandisk extreme pro have around 80MBps write ;)

if u just need 32GB only then find a good deal on Sandisk extreme 32GB SanDisk 32 GB 45 MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Memory Card - SanDisk: Flipkart.com

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This is one thing I really want to know,is using a Micro SD card with an adapter a problem with DSLRs or its just fine?

I use Sandisk micro sd card with an adaptor for D7000. Other card is from transcend. Both work as backup cards 32GB + 32GB. No problems at all.

Get a good bag which can accommodate few lens and you gadgets too, like, Lowepro pro Runner 200 AW. Pretty good camera bag.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ Sujoy
Thank you. I would either get the Sandisk or the Sony. The Strontium is atleast a Rs 1000 and Rs 700 cheaper than the Sandisk and Sony but yes with marginal performance hit as you have pointed out.

I use Sandisk micro sd card with an adaptor for D7000. Other card is from transcend. Both work as backup cards 32GB + 32GB. No problems at all.

Get a good bag which can accommodate few lens and you gadgets too, like, Lowepro pro Runner 200 AW. Pretty good camera bag.

Thank you for that valuable input. Yes a good bag is an absolute necessity.I have to choose a one which can carry atleast two lens but be compact too.Im planning to add a third Lens the Canon 18-135mm STM IS by Diwali! The Lowepros you and sujoy mentioned are the ones I have shortlisted. In between I found this one too plesae check and let me know if its good....*www.ebay.in/itm/backpack-camera-no...ies&hash=item565b8d7dea&_uhb=1#ht_3275wt_1021

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That looks very similar to Lowepro. Not sure how well it will stand the wear and tear.

sujoyp

Grand Master
dont go for cheap brands when you are putting sophisticated camera lenses worth 1 lakh (in future) ...go for good brands only.

Also I have lowepro 200AW and its just too big for 2 lens and a cam with lens...u will find it empty :D I bough it as a storage with a future plan for 3 lens+flash+tc+dslr with 150-500 or 300f4 attached ;)

you can have a smaller bag with quick access and in future go with big bags

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
So Lowepro Pro Runner 200AW ....then

Got the Sony SF-32UX Class 10 (32GB - 94MB/s) for Rs 1952 with coupons from Ebay. The best price online :-D ! Now have to get the bag and some accesories,like Filters etc!

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow u r really getting lowepro 200AW :D here is my pic just in case ;)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7184/6968682389_87a90ee24b_c.jpg
Lowepro Pro Runner 200AW by sujoyp, on Flickr

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ I would love to, but that price is a deterrent! I didnt check the price....lets see, but its awesome. Thanks for sharing the picture,its even more tempting now after seeing the details.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah its a big bag I will say...but very well made and good padding ....but u really dont need that big right now...and I dont carry all that gear with me...I use a small bag which can carry 2 lens+dslr

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ Sujoy Ok....but that bag is something I have my eye set up upon. After getting the 18-135 STM lens ill get it.

Canon has given me an EOS bag which is small, convenient and can carry the Camera with an 18-55mm and a Zoom Lens,its padded, has a removable dual compartment design and has some more pockets and zippers for some filters ,memory cards etc etc.. It quite sufficient for the moment and the padding well not as good as the Lowepro but good enough,honestly,for a freebie,it will do the work,I believe.Its black outside with red inside.Very subtle with a simple EOS badging in black too,subdued!

The biggest surprise was the 8GB Lexar Platinum II Class 10 UHS-1 SD memory Card!!!:-D This offer of the bag and the 8GB [Normally its 4GB] high Quality SD card is only till September 30 part of the festive offer !!!:cloud9: Amazing Value this kit.....thanks Canon!

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah that memory card is really good...and class 10 :) I got a crappy verbitum 4 GB class 4 with my dslr and the card used to hand my dlsr...had to replace it in the 1st month itself

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I thought any Class 6 and above will do ,but doing various forums people actually benefited from a Class 10 UHS-1 card when doing RAW Bursts or even JPEG. Transfer and delete times were also better and the wait time, for the internal buffer when filled up, also reduced.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes right ...as the size of file have increased u will need faster write speed too...mine is class 6 sandisk ultra but my file size is just 4MB jpeg ....I never felt any lag

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
My RAW file size is around 30MB! I think I will shoot only in RAW thats the sole reason I bought a DSLR negating EOS-M or Nikon J1 or the Sony NEX-5.

@Sujoy,Im looking for a Petal Hood to isolate sunlight and to protect the lens too. I checked some by Marumi but at Rs 1200 they were expensive,any idea how much for a 58mm one and any brands ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
1200 is not that expensive considering its a branded one...I havent checked any third party hood till now coz most lens have it ...will check and tell you later.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Canon EOS 550D 1100D 58mm Digital Filter Kit + UV + CPL+ Lens Hood + Lens Cap | eBay

and the awesome amazing....Amazon.com: Polaroid Studio Series 58mm Lens Hood With Exclusive Pushbutton Mounting System - no more 'screwing around" With Old Fashioned Threaded Hoods: Camera & Photo

Top Bottom