DSLR Dilemma......

sujoyp

Grand Master
y do you want those crappy UV+CPL+Lens cap along with lens hood ...I tell you cheap filter degrade image quality...and cheap UV is just useless...CPL maybe some useful

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
OK, I have comer across some Zeiss/Tiffen/Hoya filters but they are all above Rs 4K! Ill give them a miss then. Thanks for the information.

I read that using filters will give better contrast and punchy images in daylight,hence.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes but u need good quality ones for those contrast and punchy images...if u want you can try those...just for fun..but expect image quality degradation even before starting

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Circular polarizer will give evenly saturated images. It can also cut through the reflections and provide a nice view what's beneath that. Though the light intake reduces so you may have to step up your aperture diameter.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Reflection_Polarizer2.jpg

This reminds me that I should use my polarizer filter for next bunch of pics to see what it ca do.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
How much did you pay for the CPL? Which Brand? If you explain a bit in details the actual benefit of the CPL and particular condition where it should be used?

Or any other Filters that I should buy?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How much did you pay for the CPL? Which Brand? If you explain a bit in details the actual benefit of the CPL and particular condition where it should be used?

Or any other Filters that I should buy?

It's Marumi filter. Pretty useful when you are taking product pictures and want to cut off unwanted reflections and lets say a glass wall is between you and the object you want to shoot then the CPL can reduce th e reflections from glass. Want to see what beneath the reflecting water surface ? yep, cfl. Though everything is position dependent.

See that the reflection is not present on the screen even though this pic
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8532/8602374893_534688399b_b.jpg

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ Faun ....Im really amazed by what the filter can do,amazing. How much for a filter like that. I came across some Marumi for around Rs 1800 and onwards. My filter size after googling , I concluded was , 58mm.

@ sujoy .... what is PASM ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
you donno PASM modes :( oops then start reading photography basics please...photography world is as good as any technical field...and have lots n lots of terms .

you dont need a filter now...really. what u need is lots of time to play with your dslr and learn PASM modes, exposure triangle , about focal length, crop factor, etc ...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@ Faun ....Im really amazed by what the filter can do,amazing. How much for a filter like that. I came across some Marumi for around Rs 1800 and onwards. My filter size after googling , I concluded was , 58mm.

I have this one , was 1700 at that time (oct 2012).
Marumi 58 mm Circular Polarizer Filter - Marumi: Flipkart.com

It will be good if you go through these tutorials to learn about various aspects of photography:
Nikon Asia

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ Sujoy I have started downloading documents and storing in the phone to read. Im reading the Manual too.

@ Faun ,your link was damn helpfull I have bookmarked it.Checked your Marumi Filter too. Yeah as Sujoy had ponted out good filters will be expensive and it holds true......your shots proved his statement.

I have recieved the Sony SF-32UX/T1, Ill now do a small photo shoot of my spanking gear and put up in show off and post the link here!

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The Pictures posted,severely downsized using phoToshop!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-661.html#post2011051

One thing though the A+ mode is convenient but ,night shot with light on in the room sets the ISO at 3200,I changed it to 1600 similar results,no nonsense flash marring the images,less noise......Im liking the Semi manual modes better.Thank god I met you guys and bought a DSLR , a lot can be done. Im taking snaps and improvising from 6am, as I opened the CAMERA just yesterday,it was lying sealed till now!!!! :)

*imageshack.us/a/img694/9644/dhcn.jpg *imageshack.us/a/img202/1230/dlwl.jpg*imageshack.us/a/img801/6993/1knz.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
just play with your dslr...use modes..change focus type...change metering type...use flash..take without flash ...have fun :D

just promise urself to keep up the enthusiasm and at least take out the DSLR once a week

Top Bottom