DSLR Dilemma......

sujoyp

Grand Master
increnator he wants zoom in 10x 20x term ....its normal for newbie to ask this question and answer is simple :)

hmm you can say that after you buy 55-250 you will have 18-250 range in lens thats roughly equals to 250/18 = 13x zoom

in DSLR world we dont count zoom in x but its always about mm ...like what we see is around 50mm soo anything more then that is magnification and anything less then that is wide angle :D

*www.tamron-usa.com/lenses/learning_center/tools/focal-length-comparison.php

Dr. House

No Regrets
Thanks a lot you guys. Now I understand about this 55-250mm lens.
But as a newbie I can't decide between D5100 with 18-55 for 27k or 600D with this kit by paying 10k more. :?

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm thats a tough question...thing is if you like to do bird photography or want magnify on something you will need the 55-250 lens ...and 18-55 lens have just no magnification at all ...its good for party, group pics, landscapes, pets etc

sujoyp

Grand Master
you will need an external flash along with 18-55 to improve on party pics...as party happens in night.. most lens will fail without flash...just invest in a flash with moving head...and u are done :)

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
18-55mm is good for start up and the EOS600D with that Lens returns very sharp and Vibrant images. In manual mode you can set the sharpness too. Now if you want to shoot the Moon or the Galaxy or a beautiful girl on the road from your 20th floor apartment you will need that 55-250mm zoom lens.

jaimin100

Journeyman
18-55mm is good for start up and the EOS600D with that Lens returns very sharp and Vibrant images. In manual mode you can set the sharpness too. Now if you want to shoot the Moon or the Galaxy or a beautiful girl on the road from your 20th floor apartment you will need that 55-250mm zoom lens.
whats about nikond5100?

Dr. House

No Regrets
a beautiful girl on the road from your 20th floor apartment
*images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130603225716/leagueoflegends/images/6/66/Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

@The Incinerator How much you spent on your kit? I read in one of the flipkart comment a user bought it for just 34.5k in some deal.

sujoyp

Grand Master
D5100 is better in pic quality and ISO then 600D as per most reviews....but the combo offer of 600D is just too good to ignore

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I got mine for Rs 35,800,from Kolkata. My friend has a D5100 which he had bought from the US,we were taking pictures yesterday of Durga Idols. Contrary to all the reviews I read that Nikon is better which even I believed ,both of us found out that at default Auto the Canons images, in the same SONY NX series Hi End 32 inch display, actually looked far better in terms of Sharpness and punchy Colors and contrast. In RAW both were almost same while the Nikon again lacked the vibrancy,sharpness to a very slight level,but visible.

I had almost bought the Nikon but for the Canons offer. Now Im realising that even if the Nikon is better at high ISO ,I never actually went above ISO3200 even in the late evening without flash! So ,do we really require in any circumstances those high ISO levels?

sujoyp

Grand Master
As people say out of camera pics can not be compared without editing ...I agree out of camera pics of my D3100 is not at all vibrant or punchy...but thats a software glitch...you can see any of my pic...you wont find it less then ur canon 600D :D ...in any case those looking to buy dslr have to learn to use PP

regarding high ISO above 3200 ...nope its useless ...I dont go above ISO 1600 ...maybe if someday I get a full frame dslr like D600 then I will try upto ISO 6400 .but generally speaking without flash its useless at late evenings...even f1.8 cant save you.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I encountered no noise at even at ISO3200 in low light at 18mpxl JPEG/RAW,picture was stunning in no flash Auto Mode, Live view enabled and Lens Hood mounted on the 18-55mm!!!:-D

I want to go to 6400 and check noise today with punishing apertures!!! Im gonna try Blurring with the 55-250mm on at night without flash in Festival lit streets ........Im getting addicted.....

sujoyp

Grand Master
its good to find your tuning urself...after someday u wont need any advice about aperture shutterspeed and ISO which are three pillers of photogrphy ...enjoy

Dr. House

No Regrets
How much a 55-250mm like 13x zoom lens would cost of tamron or sigma if I buy Nikon D5100 for 26.5k with 18-55mm?

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
A good Zoom Lens will cost atleast Rs 15K,for Nikon ,it starts from 8K but those are utter rubbish with no IS and will return soft images when zoomed. A zoom lens without stability is like a sniper rifle without a shoulder butt.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@incrinerator ....u are wrong here ...Tamron 70-300 is very usable ...its as sharp as nikon 55-300 ....if you plan to use it in day time then its fine lens..I know some guys who take super pics using that lens...but its unusable at evening or low light coz it dont have vibration reduction.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@incrinerator ....u are wrong here ...Tamron 70-300 is very usable.....I know some guys who take super pics using that lens...but its unusable at evening or low light coz it dont have vibration reduction.

Thats my point. And at over 200mm a zoom lens without IS is good for a Tripod only,IMO.Even a little shake will return blurry images.

And which Tamron are you referring to for sharp images the SP or AF? I was referring to the AF.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Tamron 70-300 di ld ...not Tamron 70-300 VC USD :) ...but 70-300 lens is mostly used in daytime for bird and wildlife ...what will you do with such zoom in night??

but I agree Vr is always useful ....

Top Bottom