Downloading Torrent for a Film Do not wish to have Sub-Titles !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please help me explain this, I am trying to download one torrent file which is a Blu-Ray of the <name edited> Now I do not wish to have sub-titles in the film, is there anyway I cannot have it. I see when I download the torrent file in the Torrent Client to download the file. It gives a option of Sub-Titles along with the all the total items to download including please read me, how to fix player problems etc. and a checkbox along side each of the items. So If I uncheck that tickbox for subtitles, will the film not have sub-titles ?

Thanks,

Augustya

Last edited by a moderator:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Subtitles can be in two ways -

1) Hard subtitles - that is....in the video itself. These can't be removed.
2) A text file accompanying - don't download this. Or even if you do download this, you can delete it later. :)

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Subtitles can be in two ways -

1) Hard subtitles - that is....in the video itself. These can't be removed.
2) A text file accompanying - don't download this. Or even if you do download this, you can delete it later. :)

The files may be having extensions like .srt. Don't download these files.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
The files may be having extensions like .srt. Don't download these files.

Yes it does have a seperate file called .srt but that is like a seperate file and the movie file is seperate MP4 so if I uncheck the .srt files checkbox the sub-titles will not be downloaded is that what u r syaing ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes it does have a seperate file called .srt but that is like a seperate file and the movie file is seperate MP4 so if I uncheck the .srt files checkbox the sub-titles will not be downloaded is that what u r syaing ?

yes..

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hey buddy, when you asking help to download warez, keep the details to a minimum or you might be painting a target symbol on yourself....if you get what I mean.

Sarath

iDota
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/138223-gentlemans-guide-posting-section.html ;)

You mean you want help with a movie file in which you do not want to see the subs :)

It's answered so I'm not repeating what has been said already.

Also always check if the the subs are hard subbed or soft subbed

mitraark

Decrepit
Muxed Subtitles can be turned off from the Player.

VLC - Video - Subtitle Track - Off

KMPLayer - Alt + X

Media Player CLassic - Navigation Subtitles - Off

[ i recalled from memory so some options may be a bit differently named ]

clmlbx

Technomancer
embedded means Hard subtitles so nothing can be done, as it is part of Video. It can be blurred but even video will be blurred. in short you can't remove subtitle without destroying video.

simple it is, any file you un-check in torrent will not be downloaded..

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
embedded means Hard subtitles so nothing can be done, as it is part of Video.
not necessarily. in some formats like mkv subtitle file can be part of the video file and it can be turned off in the media player , like in kmplayer the shortcut to hide/show the subtitle is alt+x.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Moderator is the first one to take part in this discussion. :twisted:

See my reply below.

:shock: and they teach us a lesson that tdf and piracy are opposite to each other, and here teaching tricks for a torrent downloaded pirated movie... LOL!!!:lol:

They are no tricks. We are not sharing warez or magnet links here. Just telling someone how to DL something. It is equivalent to you asking, I want to DL a file in FF, and want the destination re-direct to my D: drive instead of the desktop. Or how we advice someone on client optimization for p2p. I think the conversation has been within rules, and no one has breached.

digitaltab

In the zone
See my reply below.

They are no tricks. We are not sharing warez or magnet links here. Just telling someone how to DL something. It is equivalent to you asking, I want to DL a file in FF, and want the destination re-direct to my D: drive instead of the desktop. Or how we advice someone on client optimization for p2p. I think the conversation has been within rules, and no one has breached.

but OP has already mentioned that he wants to download a movie on torrent, isn't this information enough to specify here that OP is planning an act of PIRACY?????

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
but OP has already mentioned that he wants to download a movie on torrent, isn't this information enough to specify here that OP is planning an act of PIRACY?????

It is a thin line. :)

As, long as he is not mentioning a movie name, or requesting tracker names, or asking for magnet links it is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom