Who are you?

• Total voters

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
he does
:lol:

yes and his daddy is shadow fiend, if you have low ping and you can master shadowrazes, shadow fiend is like an imba farming machine and with last hits you get additional damage. Lets just say he is the "Father of mother of all gankers" :D

should i show you zero deaths? for all 5 players? :D

EDIT :

wtf? vanguard for axe? are you nuts? battlefury? OMG DUDE stop playin dota please. FFS

if you are playing axe in pub, item build should be

early game :

1. quelling blade
2. tango
3. iron branch for stats / orb of venom ( if you are looking for early ganks or going mid )

core items :

1. power treads
2. orb of venom
3. ring of preservance
4. skull basher / blade mail

luxury :

1. Heart
2. bloodstone
yes those items are listen in the order you should purchase them.

if you are playing average you should have power treads by 10~12 minutes and rop + blade mail by 25~30 mins. If game goes late, 15~20 mins should get you a hot / bloodstone if your team is winning.

if you are playing a more tanky approach then build power treads > rop > soul booster > blade mail.

Vanguard is mentioned as a core item in most guides for a jungle Axe :|
Anyone else agrees with Noas' build here :confused: I've never seen this kind of build before.
Oh,and btw I'm a noob not a pro like you:)rolleyes:)
I've turned Mute & Ignore for In-Game & Party chat for you,so don't bother spamming abuses to get back at me or to take out your frustration or for any other reason :) (I know you can't unleash your vile vocabulary at me in this forum,so please don't try it on Steam or Dota 2)
And you're on my ignore list(the only person on it) on this forum too

Piyush

Lanaya
Anyone else agrees with Noas' build here :confused: I've never seen this kind of build before.
I've turned Mute & Ignore for In-Game & Party chat for you,so don't bother spamming abuses to get back at me or to take out your frustration or for any other reason :) (I know you can't unleash your vile vocabulary at me in this forum,so please don't try it on Steam or Dota 2)

Yup Vanguard is a must-have for Axe

Apart from Vanguard, try to get Blade mail and blink dagger. I'll tell you the combo which is used.
I'm assuming you have 11+ level and have Vanguard, blade mail and Blink dagger with you.

Combo is to blink close to enemy heroes, if possible close to 2-3 squishy heroes. Now activate your blade mail and 1st ability in quick succession. The 1st ability makes all the close enemies to attack you and since you have your blade mail, they'll be getting the equal amount of damage that they are inflicting upon you. This way you can easily get double or triple kills.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

hahahaha finally. Vanguard for axe is useful if you can build it under 10 minutes. And ive never seen a build like mine, and no one has even used it. So you can go ahead and try. Im pretty sure you will get 2x kills.

you and noob? :rolleyes:

im not taking out my frustration dude. LOL you havent seen me talking. There is a bhen___ or madar___ in every sentence. So dont worry, if you ever come to delhi you will understand.

Apart from Vanguard, try to get Blade mail and blink dagger. I'll tell you the combo which is used.
I'm assuming you have 11+ level and have Vanguard, blade mail and Blink dagger with you.

Combo is to blink close to enemy heroes, if possible close to 2-3 squishy heroes. Now activate your blade mail and 1st ability in quick succession. The 1st ability makes all the close enemies to attack you and since you have your blade mail, they'll be getting the equal amount of damage that they are inflicting upon you. This way you can easily get double or triple kills.

he needs to farm really well, if he wants to really use the vanguard. its not cheap, a better option is to upgrade the stout shield to poor mans shield. I dont assume that in 10 minutes he is level 10 or 11...

Piyush

Lanaya
he needs to farm really well, if he wants to really use the vanguard. its not cheap, a better option is to upgrade the stout shield to poor mans shield. I dont assume that in 10 minutes he is level 10 or 11...

Yup its not cheap to get one, but its importance exists only in early and mid game. That 60% chance of blocking 40 damage is priceless. I always go for it when I play with Axe/ Anti Mage/ Lancer/ Naga/ Dark seer, etc...

And Poor man shield is of no use imo. That 20 dmg block is not even visible on tanky hero like axe.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Thanks :grin: .I will use this build tomorrow.Right now I'm too :tired:

Yup its not cheap to get one, but its importance exists only in early and mid game. That 60% chance of blocking 40 damage is priceless. I always go for it when I play with Axe/ Anti Mage/ Lancer/ Naga/ Dark seer, etc...

And Poor man shield is of no use imo. That 20 dmg block is not even visible on tanky hero like axe.

I need to seriously improve my farming skills :cry:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

thats why spending 2.25k gold on a shield which he will most probably build after mid game is useless and hence suggest him to get venom orb and rop, its useful for melee heroes as it slows when you damage the enemy.

Piyush

Lanaya
Thanks :grin: .I will use this build tomorrow.Right now I'm too :tired:

I need to seriously improve my farming skills :cry:

For farming, first you should remember that maxing 3rd is the main priority. If you are against melees in your lane, then it'll be easy to farm. Just go close to creeps and let your passive do the rest.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I feel proud of myself :grin: :cool:
I have finally mastered the Sniper
Thanks to Desmond who was playing a match as Sniper some time ago,It thought me how to effectively use Sniper(Hit n Run,Sticking with allies,Using Assasinate only when your mates pwn an enemy hero to one mini-bar of health and then that enemy hero runs like hell :grin: etc)
Now I use Sniper like a sniper and not like John f**kin Rambo :grin:
*i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p634/EnlightendGamerSD/2013-05-24_00004_zpsb6a1c9fb.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or does Gagan always play Ursa? :shock:

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
actually taking damage from creeps have 60% to block and from heroes it always block
so put some money on the vanguard because ,you dont know the health reduction when you are about to kill
but these scales very much in the game

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I feel proud of myself :grin: :cool:
I have finally mastered the Sniper
Thanks to Desmond who was playing a match as Sniper some time ago,It thought me how to effectively use Sniper(Hit n Run,Sticking with allies,Using Assasinate only when your mates pwn an enemy hero to one mini-bar of health and then that enemy hero runs like hell :grin: etc)
Now I use Sniper like a sniper and not like John f**kin Rambo :grin:
*i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p634/EnlightendGamerSD/2013-05-24_00004_zpsb6a1c9fb.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or does Gagan always play Ursa? :shock:

you mean to say kill stealing? in simple words? :lol:

gagan does play ursa because of ping issues.

For farming, first you should remember that maxing 3rd is the main priority. If you are against melees in your lane, then it'll be easy to farm. Just go close to creeps and let your passive do the rest.

first he needs to concentrate on getting last hits right.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Gagan is amazing with ursa, ursa+SB combo is supper

he does

:lol:

yes and his daddy is shadow fiend, if you have low ping and you can master shadowrazes, shadow fiend is like an imba farming machine and with last hits you get additional damage. Lets just say he is the "Father of mother of all gankers" :D

should i show you zero deaths? for all 5 players? :D

EDIT :

wtf? vanguard for axe? are you nuts? battlefury? OMG DUDE stop playin dota please. FFS

if you are playing axe in pub, item build should be

early game :

1. quelling blade
2. tango
3. iron branch for stats / orb of venom ( if you are looking for early ganks or going mid )

core items :

1. power treads
2. orb of venom
3. ring of preservance
4. skull basher / blade mail

luxury :

1. Heart
2. bloodstone

yes those items are listen in the order you should purchase them.

if you are playing average you should have power treads by 10~12 minutes and rop + blade mail by 25~30 mins. If game goes late, 15~20 mins should get you a hot / bloodstone if your team is winning.

if you are playing a more tanky approach then build power treads > rop > soul booster > blade mail.

Build Blade mail after power threads

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Do not start farming with axe. AXE is the only true tank in Dota.

Vanguard is core on him. While playing with axe you allways should try to get hits from creeps as many as possible so that his passive counter helix should proc. It is very strong even in mid - late game. And to block the creep's hits vanguard will help, else your health will reduce due to creep hits. Also dont forget the regen and health from the vanguard.

@piyush that combo is good for new players but activating blade mail just after the call is not appropriate. While you use your first skill, your armor will increase(+ 20-30 i think) so you will take less damage that time and blade will only return the damage taken by you. So it is wise if you activate blade mail when the call ends. So the combo will be Blink -> Call(1st skill) -> Battle hunger (Spamming) When your armor is back to normal, or nuked down by support activate blade mail.

Boots -> Green Boots/Arcane boots, Now I am planning to buy these items (Brown boots, that +2 armor ring , ring of regen and vitality booster) In this combo I can make both the boots and disassemble and make again them. So i will get both mana and health :D. Just now this idea came in mind

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I'm learning to use Axe now,Can anybody tell me some good builds for him?
My default build is like this
Stout shield -> Health salve -> Quelling blade
Farm some creeps & neutrals
Tranquil boots-> Vanquard

Crystalys/Yasha ->Vladimir's offering/endurance drum
Is this build okay? I get 2-4 kills usually,and die 5-10 times
Any tips for best farming areas for Axe(Mid,Top,Bot or jungle)?

build power treads so you get increase attack, movement speed and increased mana and hp pool. you can switch for faster regen.

get quelling blade increases 32% damage against creeps for melee heroes.

it depends on which hero you are going against. and so does the skill build.

in pub mostly drow ranger/ sniper play mid, so you need to be really good at denies and last hits. First upgrade axe's second ability. this way you can keep sniper at the back.

if you are in the safe lane i.e. top for the dire and bottom for the radiant upgrade counterhelix, it helps in faster farms.

if you are playing the the other lanes then you can decide according to the hero.

for axe, if you go against a ranged hero who is squishy in early game like drow ranger or sniper or razor then use scond ability to harass them and farm. If you go against a melee hero like phantom assasin then you should go for counterhelix.

since axe is a tanky hero, if you want lifesteal get a morbids mask and make helm of the dominator for faster farms in jungle. Avoid vlads for axe, instead save the gold and get blade mail.

if you are playing semi tank, semi support and ur team is losing and has really high dps heroes like phantom assassin, drow ranger, ursa, huskar then there is a point in building vlads because it gives 15% bonus damage. So that counts a lot since pa damage can go upto 1200 in 35 mins.

orb of venom helps in slowing down heroes who have faster movement speed with each hit so you can kill them easily.

Mjolnir now stacks with other orb effects, only that the other orb effect will be cancelled when a chain lightning occurs.

Thats great, thank you for the info.... I thought it only for range heroes... so now it works for Melee too.

Vangaurd is good for Axe and is a core item. But I prefer going for a mech and/or hood-pipe (if enemies are nukers), blink, then blade mail and heart... if I still have money will go for shivas..
Also if doing great can go for diagon, gives you a second ulti when maxed... usefull only in pub, as most of them pick carries.... diagon and ulti = instant death for many carries during mid game
Also i prefer phase boots to pt, as it will allow me to chase better and for the ulti

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
first he needs to concentrate on getting last hits right.
Axe doesnt actually requires any particular last hitting. His swings do the job
Do not start farming with axe. AXE is the only true tank in Dota.

@piyush that combo is good for new players but activating blade mail just after the call is not appropriate. While you use your first skill, your armor will increase(+ 20-30 i think) so you will take less damage that time and blade will only return the damage taken by you. So it is wise if you activate blade mail when the call ends. So the combo will be Blink -> Call(1st skill) -> Battle hunger (Spamming) When your armor is back to normal, or nuked down by support activate blade mail.
Hmm yea... you are right man
Because of that 1st ability, his armor will sky rocket for 3 secs. So he will receive less damage.

@KANE
Ok, blade mail should be activated after your 1st ability expires.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I hate axe! It is the only hero against whom i hesitate to pick up my favourite Visage. One swing and all my familiars are gone (+200 gold for axe)!

Boots -> Green Boots/Arcane boots, Now I am planning to buy these items (Brown boots, that +2 armor ring , ring of regen and vitality booster) In this combo I can make both the boots and disassemble and make again them. So i will get both mana and health :D. Just now this idea came in mind

Blade mail should be activated at the same time you call, to get maximum efficiency. +20-30 armour will not be enough as you are the tank and when you call, the whole team will be focussing on you. Also any proper player will stop attacking you when you turn on the blade mail, unless you call and force them to. This will also help you to reflect more damage as it stacks with the spins, then you can finish of using your ulti and burning hunger.

Also if you are jungling, get ring of regen, ring of protection and then go for boots, opposite for laning. Also when you are laning try maxing hunger when in long lane vs low hp heroes or int heroes in general. Since they have hard time getting last hits, they will die or either leave the lane.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^By your theory AXE's call and blade mail will be on cd at same time and you will die to their nuke returning few damage to enemy.

Axe should catch supports/squishy heores in call, during that *sticky* period everyone is auto attacking you, support will not be able to cast spells, what is the point of returning less damage to them? During call counter helix will do the required damage. Remember Blade mail also have a duration and a cooldown.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I hate axe! It is the only hero against whom i hesitate to pick up my favourite Visage. One swing and all my familiars are gone (+200 gold for axe)!

Visage is a ranged hero, so are you familiars. Attack from a distance.

Top Bottom