Who are you?

• Total voters

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Is Chaos Knight good for a noob to play?
I played him in a match with Serpent,Noas and Ganesh
and i got pwned badly
19 deaths 0 kills :cry:
F U Juggernaut :x

rock2702

Padawan
and i got pwned badly

Play with bots at all difficulty.That's how I learned the game.Also if you want to play against human players, play heroes like drow, razor first.

Ramu56

Journeyman
and i got pwned badly
No,ChaosKnight is not an easy hero to play for a newbie.My suggestion is to play only with ranged heroes till you know how things work.Also see the video of the hero you want to pick,so that you will know how to use them exactly.I learnt alot from Purge videos.

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
and i got pwned badly

if you are completely new to dota and don't know how the game works i would say read some guides first, understand what you can about the abilities of all the heroes and all the items and play with bots until you know every ability of every hero and all the items also

a good hero to start with would be Drow Ranger, easy hero to play...also play with bots for a long time (i played with bots for two months before i started playing on Garena and i was still very bad) until you have decent knowledge of the game before playing MM in dota2

Ramu56

Journeyman
Seems like i can rely on MOUZ from now on.Won Horns of the Eleven Curses(Doom's Horns) and Great Grey Owl Bow(Drow's Bow) because of MOUZ today :D

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Yeah, its normal. Valve is suddenly very generous with invites these days.

I can't believe that there was a time when we used to beg for invites.

IMO Invites helps to keep check on the player quality getting in. I mean, players who will be likely to play till considerable time in future.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Dota 2 breaks concurrent Steam players record (again) | News | PC Gamer

Proud to be a Dota 2 player :) I think the number of player record will break again during TI3 finale.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
@Kane
Beginer tips
Play only ranged hereos for Now
Drow ranger is best to start with>follow default build>While attacking enemy hereos auto cast first attack(alt+q)>go to safe lane(Bot if radiant/top if dire)>stick to tower>go for only last hits>Read the msgs>Silence heros in gank>Attack>low health?Back heal

Dota 2 is still in beta and has so large numbers wonder what would it be when it releases

This connecting to dota error is killing me,everyday i have that problem :/

Piyush

Lanaya
Played 5 matches yesterday after a week or so.
Lost all of them. 2 of them with my fav players, Pudge and Doom. :|

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
Played 5 matches yesterday after a week or so.
Lost all of them. 2 of them with my fav players, Pudge and Doom. :|

you used solo match making to find a game or regular match making?....IMO both are f**ked up right now.. in regular MM i am either getting matched with opponents who are in party and in my team (some times they are in party) some one will pick a jungle hero and farm till 30 mins and then he will just feed after that or getting matched with big time noobs and in solo mm i am always getting matched with big time noobs...mm was working so good before valve introduced the broken solo MM...winning only 1 game in 6 games now...

Piyush

Lanaya
you used solo match making to find a game or regular match making?....IMO both are f**ked up right now.. in regular MM i am either getting matched with opponents who are in party and in my team (some times they are in party) some one will pick a jungle hero and farm till 30 mins and then he will just feed after that or getting matched with big time noobs and in solo mm i am always getting matched with big time noobs...mm was working so good before valve introduced the broken solo MM...winning only 1 game in 6 games now...

Using the old matchmaking. The first game we DCed coz hunter had to leave, 2nd match we had a good domination in early and mid game, but then AM and others from opponent were farmed enough in late game.The match in which I was pudge was lost due to we ignored Nature Prophet's jungling. The rest 2 I played was simple pub games without party, and all of them were ridiculously imbalanced.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Russian's strike again.

Yesterday's two match.

First match one russian in our team, took slarder, and keep playing on his own mood, jumped 1 v 5 on enemy, and when we 4 were together for teamfight he was farming. but we managed to win as we dominated early. that was pretty good game.

Second match our team naix(me),mirana,sniper,alchem and ogre. sniper was big noob , and alchem was noob + retard. Seeing his english writing skill, I guess he was russian or chinese. At the beginning of the game alchem bought two courier, and said one is FEDEX and another is DHL. and as the game goes on he was keep buying observer ward and selling, so that others cant buy anymore and we lost the game.

Noobness is ok, in that first match our team's pl was noob, but he listened to us and farmed diffusal + heart and keep pushing other lanes, and we won. but some people play to ruin other's game like the alchem/slarder. Those should be reported.

Now valve has limited number of reports to 2 per week, I didnot have any report left, else I definitely report that alchem.

Piyush

Lanaya
:lol:
Fedex and DHL
funniest thing I've come across in this week
(apart from my yesterday's incident in which I went prepared for the exam with some other subject )

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Anyone Played dota today? Did You face server time out issue? Me,Noah,rock were disconnected all together in between match

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Why are allied bots such chutiyas? :x
suppose two bots are fighting enemy bots in one lane,Then i arrive spamming Drow's "Ice Arrow" ability on the creeps, all of a sudden my allied bots start doing what i like to call *glitched movement animation*
they don't attack enemy bots,apart from using their abilities once in a blue moon
then a skeleton king or juggernaut appears from nowhere and pwns my Drow :cry:

Top Bottom