Who are you?

• Total voters

Piyush

Lanaya
back to tdf after a long time...
I'm surprised to see a huge Dota 2 thread here! This is almost perfect for what I'm planning. We've organised ourselves (college buddies) to host India's first Dota 2 tournament. I'm halfway in getting Valve's permission, we bought the domains dota.co.in and dota2.co.in (the tournament is to be named DOTA COIN). What I need is feedback and some information about the Indian dota scene. I've wasted countless hours on Garena, it is highly disorganised and not reliable to find feedback.

What do you guys think about it? Our basic idea is to host a 5 day (Valve permits max 5 days sequential), only Indian players knock-out style tournament. Teams get to register online earlier and the first 10 will be selected after confirming (via contacting in person) and the next 10 would be on a strict invite-only basis (ofc TDF preference now :D). Another alternative is a qualifier round of max 30 teams, followed by classic tournament semi/finals. All the matches will be either based on tournament passes or completely open. The prizemoney is still an issue, what we currently can raise is 10k.

Now I'm not a pro at playing, but I've successfully levelled up till 20 and has the Sylvan Guard set :p add me (_hsr) on steam if you'd like to discuss or become part of the team.
I visited your portal. At first I thought that it was just a forum. But you are making a huge step, congos for that.
And regarding dota scenario in India, if the registration is plain and simple, matches are flexible in timing, then you can see huge participation.
Also, make registration open 1 month before the tournaments

anaklusmos

Youngling
played 3 games yesterday after nearly a month, got my a** handed to me in the last two games..... THIS GAME IS NOT DOTA ANYMORE !!! And what's up with the FTL(Faster than Light :p) Bloodseeker ?!?!?!

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I'm surprised to see a huge Dota 2 thread here! This is almost perfect for what I'm planning. We've organised ourselves (college buddies) to host India's first Dota 2 tournament. I'm halfway in getting Valve's permission, we bought the domains dota.co.in and dota2.co.in (the tournament is to be named DOTA COIN). What I need is feedback and some information about the Indian dota scene. I've wasted countless hours on Garena, it is highly disorganised and not reliable to find feedback.

What do you guys think about it? Our basic idea is to host a 5 day (Valve permits max 5 days sequential), only Indian players knock-out style tournament. Teams get to register online earlier and the first 10 will be selected after confirming (via contacting in person) and the next 10 would be on a strict invite-only basis (ofc TDF preference now :D). Another alternative is a qualifier round of max 30 teams, followed by classic tournament semi/finals. All the matches will be either based on tournament passes or completely open. The prizemoney is still an issue, what we currently can raise is 10k.

Now I'm not a pro at playing, but I've successfully levelled up till 20 and has the Sylvan Guard set :p add me (_hsr) on steam if you'd like to discuss or become part of the team.

I remember that Flipkart conducted a D2 contest in Bangalore. I do not remember how that went. There definitely seems to be a dearth of players interested in competition in India.

played 3 games yesterday after nearly a month, got my a** handed to me in the last two games..... THIS GAME IS NOT DOTA ANYMORE !!! And what's up with the FTL(Faster than Light :p) Bloodseeker ?!?!?!

They hired Edward from Twilight to play the part. Next patch will have him shine in daylight too.

Niilesh

Padawan
What hero(s) should i try now? I know some basic heroes like Lion,Lich,Viper,Drow,Sven. I also tried BH but i could not play properly with him.

They hired Edward from Twilight to play the part. Next patch will have him shine in daylight too.
:lol:

Piyush

Lanaya
What hero(s) should i try now? I know some basic heroes like Lion,Lich,Viper,Drow,Sven. I also tried BH but i could not play properly with him.
Since 4 out of those 5 heroes you mentioned are range, you may want to try Vengeful Spirit, Shadow Shaman, Shadow Demon, Jakkiro, Razor...

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota

I remember Purge once telling that it is a good idea to practice all heroes in one row then move to next and so on... Try doing that.

Or maybe where is saw something ;) if you know what I mean

I don't get it.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
When will you be playing again?

Piyush

Lanaya
Tbh I'm sorta afraid coz of this new update. Though I havent encountered Riki or BS in the 2 games I played post update, I know it will be hard against them when not playing like a team does.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Tbh I'm sorta afraid coz of this new update. Though I havent encountered Riki or BS in the 2 games I played post update, I know it will be hard against them when not playing like a team does.

I have quite a few matches against them both,Riki was easily countered with wards and by me(bs) so not a problem at all.
And for bs,just see that you harras him early game,as he now doesn't get that EXTRA ARMOR

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer

the same old technique with BH and Slardar will be enough to counter riki's invi
and does blood true sight work when riki(in low HP) in level 6 or above?need to verify on that
this patch has been a boon for invi heroes alote

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
anyone played with slark? true sight doesn't work on slark when he uses ulti...i think this is a big buff for slark who is already a good pub hero..

i have played blink pudge since the patch...easier to kill carries now especially AM and QOP and also performing melee hooks :D

Edit: watch this video guys *www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfRMP5O7t_c..lol

Last edited:

hdknitro

bringing the world down
You should try Razor and Luna. Both are decent ranged and very good 1st abilities with low cool downs. whereas Luna has a thunderous ulti.

My riki is much deadlier:twisted:

Best way to start a new tournament is to get the best teams available, as the first impressions are the best. Try contacting the major gaming zones in cities like hyd, bangalore, mumbai, kolkatta and chennai. You can find some good calns there. Then try and apporach youtube/twitch casters (not the grade 1 guys) but people like purge etc.
It would help increase your reputation and also get you sponsors. However low the prize money is, go for only best teams. Since its an online tournament, good teams will still come atleast for the bragging rights. And good matches will increase the reputation of the tournament.

Last edited:
That is by far the difficult task we have to clear out, the proper teams and the troll kind. I know it is bad because only one pro team came to our college's event and the rest all failed to them 43 - x
I was planning to contact some clans via steam communities and other forums, but wasn't sure about the approach because as of now I only have a few posters and a domain to show them...

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
Today when i opened Steam,there is an update for Dota 2 ~80 mb thought it was Diretide and it is just waste of new items :(
Any Diwali Dota 2 plans ...Pls be ready for Team match-just to improve Role of the individual member in Team

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Lots of fun going on regarding this Diretide in dev forum and reddit. Best part was russians invade in dev forums. They started talking in russian in English forums.. :lol:

Top Bottom