Does the Indian censorship board think we're kids?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
so i've come to the conclusion that
the indian censor board is run by a bunch of Senile Simians who overeact to stuff and whose mentality is stuck in the 70's

I guess they just want to keep the "Indian culture" intact when everyone else know it's mostly BS

like who "everyone else" the west emulating("Modern") Indians
or the west worshipping small-town(exported to America) indians?
oh, and there is a difference between "Culture" and "Mentality"
please keep that in mind

sygeek

Technomancer
so i've come to the conclusion that
the indian censor board is run by a bunch of Senile Simians who overeact to stuff and whose mentality is stuck in the 70's

like who "everyone else" the west emulating("Modern") Indians
or the west worshipping small-town(exported to America) indians?
oh, and there is a difference between "Culture" and "Mentality"
please keep that in mind
..Culture is exactly what I meant.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Well, drifting away from the traditional approach you guys have here, I personally think that movies in India should be censored like it is being done, just for the sake of minors.

But what must also be done, is to have A rated movie movie run at theatre without any censorship, and also enforcing Age based entry so that only Adults can watch the movie, and that too without any deleted scenes or either airing the International Version of the movie. That would make much more sense rather than airing kissing, seducing and sex scenes on National TV pushing normal Indian families into an awkward minute of silence.

And also, the main reason behind we Indian youth being having good living standards and environment around us, is because our country's conservative nature, a country where we treat parents as gods. We do not maltreat our parents, we do not leave home after being 16, Hell, we do not need to pay for college by working part time! We are not a country where kids ring Police down their homes just because their father slapped his son for abusing him.

Your call. I think this might change your thinking a little bit. :)

Sarath

iDota
Your points are pretty much valid, but this is a thread about 15-16 year olds wanting to watch an adult rated movie ;) and adults...umm...nvm

We do need censors but they are not updating themselves with times.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Sigh.. when I was a teen, it was not the case. But now you guys got "INTERNET" you are anyway gonna watch those movies one way or the other..

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Your points are pretty much valid, but this is a thread about 15-16 year olds wanting to watch an adult rated movie ;) and adults...umm...nvm

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the initial replies. So much anger, clearly states the immaturity level of posters above.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

We do need censors but they are not updating themselves with times.

Yup we do want to_Or let them Keep 'A' movies only for adults.At least let them not censor it.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, drifting away from the traditional approach you guys have here, I personally think that movies in India should be censored like it is being done, just for the sake of minors.

But what must also be done, is to have A rated movie movie run at theatre without any censorship, and also enforcing Age based entry so that only Adults can watch the movie, and that too without any deleted scenes or either airing the International Version of the movie. That would make much more sense rather than airing kissing, seducing and sex scenes on National TV pushing normal Indian families into an awkward minute of silence.

And also, the main reason behind we Indian youth being having good living standards and environment around us, is because our country's conservative nature, a country where we treat parents as gods. We do not maltreat our parents, we do not leave home after being 16, Hell, we do not need to pay for college by working part time! We are not a country where kids ring Police down their homes just because their father slapped his son for abusing him.

Your call. I think this might change your thinking a little bit. :)

You are only talking about vulgar scenes. I support this to one extent. But what about everything else? Like the censoring of Two-face, an important character in The Dark Knight just because he is terrible to behold. Isn't this senseless? Or censoring all scenes containing Ephialtes (another important character in 300) because he is one ugly SOB, i.e. as if he never existed in the movie. Where is the sense in this one? Or in the School of Rock, the word MTV is censored, WTF is that?

Off-topic:
Conservative nature will not last. Relying on parents a lot makes the youth less self-reliant and since our parents will not be around to help us for long, so we need to learn to fend for ourselves. I am grateful for everything my parents have done, but, we have to live in this world on our own, so moving out and fending for ourselves is a move I wholeheartedly support.

ajaybc

Youngling
In a movie I watched in HBO they censored the word 'ass' but didn't mind 'c*nt' :)
I think c*nt was not there in their profanity dictionary

d3p

PowerHouse
Ok, The CBFC needs more common sense & should start verifying the contents properly before rating them. But that's not the only group which can be blamed atm. Viewer also needs more maturity.

Imagine, you [kids] & parents watching the TV & suddenly you start finding some vulgar scenes. It might sound peculiar, but the reality is little bit embarrassing.

Because our culture [old culture as well as the new ] never grown up like American Pie Movie stories. Our Parents never greet us along with beers or smokes, same way they never encourage us to do something which is unusual w.r.t to corresponding age factor.

Even though everyone know "Smoking is injurious to health", then why to display them in the cigarette carton or in movies. Its just a message to create awareness about its damage, there's nothing dumb about it.

Even now, there are few batch of teenagers, who like to dress like super heroes & attempt some fancy stunts, ending up with broken jaws & bones. This is where either the show gets a bad remark or the parental control goes to a higher state.
But you can't ban those TV series or movies with such contents. Neither the CBFC can ban them too.

If you remember, kissing scenes were also part of cartoons like Mickey Mouse, Tom & jerry, but that doesn't mean they should be rated as A- Adult-ish Content.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Krachenko,..Dragovich.. Leela Samson...All must die ..
who dont you do that your self? grow up kid.. just because they dont allow you to watch certain movies.. doesn't mean that they have to die.

on-topic.
I see that parents watch A rated movie in front of their kids. its not necessary that there are any steamy scenes or too much violence. just A rated. thats is what is happening now a days.

I recall a indecent when you guys mentioned about Two Face. I recall that when I was about 6-7 years old. We were all watching some movie and all of a sudden there was a scene where the hero's face was shown defaced. I freaked out immediately and was crying for about a hour.. that incident was so horrific that its still there in my mind till now. inface it so happens that parents now a days allow kids to watch TV a lot because the parent are so busy with work that they hard0ly get time to interact with their kids..

@d3p: cartoons are also censored. you know the usual bomb scenes where Tom or Jerry's face is blackened.. well those scenes are censored in many countries as those censor boards think its racist.

I could go on and on.. but kids don't listen to elders, that has always been the cause and will be for ever..

If you are not satisfied on what you are watching on the TV.. go ask you dad to buy you the DVD/Bluray.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
who dont you do that your self? grow up kid.. just because they dont allow you to watch certain movies.. doesn't mean that they have to die.

on-topic.
I see that parents watch A rated movie in front of their kids. its not necessary that there are any steamy scenes or too much violence. just A rated. thats is what is happening now a days.

I recall a indecent when you guys mentioned about Two Face. I recall that when I was about 6-7 years old. We were all watching some movie and all of a sudden there was a scene where the hero's face was shown defaced. I freaked out immediately and was crying for about a hour.. that incident was so horrific that its still there in my mind till now. inface it so happens that parents now a days allow kids to watch TV a lot because the parent are so busy with work that they hard0ly get time to interact with their kids..

@d3p: cartoons are also censored. you know the usual bomb scenes where Tom or Jerry's face is blackened.. well those scenes are censored in many countries as those censor boards think its racist.

I could go on and on.. but kids don't listen to elders, that has always been the cause and will be for ever..

If you are not satisfied on what you are watching on the TV.. go ask you dad to buy you the DVD/Bluray.

Agree with some of your things.That Parents must at least sit and watch tv with children under 12.These days you will even see a 1std kid speaking rubbish.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
We are not saying that 16yrs teen should be allowed to watch pon or such vulgar movies but we are saying that why cut the scenes of movies it removes all the excitement and yes such movies should be aired pass protected.Before around 2005 when dish tv was launched it had an ppv adult channel but not now after the ftv issue of midnite haute....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@pkumarcool what is excitement for you may not necessarily be excitement for someone else of your age. I know removing scenes of movies is bad...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
uh the rules are complicated, ultra-specefic and they make sense in a very self-referential manner
something like anything foreign is allowed, indian stuff has to be censored
girls in bikinis are allowed, but only around water bodies
you can depict prostitution but not glamorized prostitution
cant show birds kept as pets in cages
made up one of the above, something like that, list goes on and on... no one would bother with it unless they were the broadcast editor making sure nothing offensive is going on air
... this list is in essence similar to local-censored lists worldwide, not unique to us, so be happy that you can still use some kinds of words here, some places you cant even use place names like "paki"

sygeek

Technomancer
Um..My cousin was scared sh!tless after watching aahat, why isn't that show banned? Well, of course the parents can't monitor all the time, but they sure can monitor what their kids watch on the television if you live with your kid.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
In the US, parents tell the kids to go to bed early to avoid exposing them to late-night television. Only after a certain age, they earn the privilege of staying up late. This is not practiced in most Indian homes.

Top Bottom