Does the Indian censorship board think we're kids?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
serpent16 said:
The
Movie had no such bad scenes at
all.How can they even rate it A?
wrong here. Only intercoure doesnt mean a movie is rated A. A movie with bad language or a bad overall message or violence are some of contributing factors for rating. Period.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Well...i Saw fast 5 in the theater the only words were f**k etc.
Why did it deserve an A?
Well i agree to the intercour$e part.But Some Hindi movies do have it and they easily get an U/A.By pleading to the board(read in the paper)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
isnt dictator by charlie chaplin?

Well..In fast and furious when they showed the middle finger it was completely blurred While when in hindi movies the actors showed middle finger it wasnt blurred.

Nope, I mean The Dictator starring Sacha Baron Cohen, if you don't know who that is, he's the guy who played Borat. If you did not see Borat, SEE IT NOW!!!

wrong here. Only intercoure doesnt mean a movie is rated A. A movie with bad language or a bad overall message or violence are some of contributing factors for rating. Period.

The whole rating system needs an overhaul.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
One more interesting point:

I was watching School of Rock on Star Movies and they censored out this dialog (the part in bold was cut-off): "There was a way to stick it to the man and it was called Rock-n-roll, but the man ruined it with a thing called MTV!"

WHAT THE F***!!!

Now, what is wrong with this one?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
^^ Well...i Saw fast 5 in the theater the only words were f**k etc.
Why did it deserve an A?
Well i agree to the intercour$e part.But Some Hindi movies do have it and they easily get an U/A.By pleading to the board(read in the paper)

thats wrong,"pleasing the board" sounds more better since in india i'm damn sure producers give "gifts" and "packets" to censor board members get thier film a U/A cert.

On a seperate note
rating system like 14+,16+,18+,ADULTS would be better
rather than the vague U/A, A certs.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sharmila Tagore was the head till '11. Right now the head is Leela Samson.

(I'll probably get a kick for this)

So, its not enough that old people are running the show, there are women as well. :|

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Every women want to look beautiful.

Same way the CBFC want every actress to do bold scenes & item number either with half nudity or full nudity. otherwise EPIC FAIL or FLOP.

No options left for directors or producers, in order to make the crap movie a blockbuster without busty-ies.

Sarath

iDota
If real life was a movie, it would be rated A too :)

I think it is high time the age limits were revised. I think bringing A to 16 above would be fine.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There is a Bengali movie called G**** coming. Has anyone seen its trailer? (See on youtube otherwise)

I think there should be more such movies as a rebellion to the current censor trends.

Tech&ME

Banned

This where the exact problem is !! :-D

They should separate Violence from Adult [read intercoure] and put them in different categories. :|

The rating system needs a major reform here :( [ leaving aside DiDi's blue and black colour saga ]

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hope this changes in the coming years.I was suprised to see that transformers 3 was rated U/A.As transformers 2 was A(Maybe cause it had lil intercour$e)

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I guess the government is really worried about it's public image right now, leading to such flash moves.......

Personally I don't mind either way because I generally don't watch a lot of movies, especially not ones that revolve around the "dirt", but of course people's freedom should not be infringed upon.

sygeek

Technomancer
In some cases, it makes movies watchable when the family is around, but above examples are pure ridiculous. Last I saw The Dark knight, they cut scenes with two-face :/

I guess they just want to keep the "Indian culture" intact when everyone else know it's mostly BS.

But seriously, you cannot expect to them to show scenes potraying extreme sexual activity.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Censoring sexual activity is ok to one extent. But, why cut out scenes of gore or scenes of horror? I am not talking about extreme gore (read Saw), but even a miniscule amount of blood is censored.

There is a huge generation gap between the youth and the guys running the show at the censor board. They might not even understand the concept of the film they are censoring.
Posted via Mobile Device

PS: In the School Of Rock, they censored the word "MTV". How F***** up is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

sygeek

Technomancer
Censoring sexual activity is ok to one extent. But, why cut out scenes of gore or scenes of horror? I am not talking about extreme gore (read Saw), but even a miniscule amount of blood is censored.

There is a huge generation gap between the youth and the guys running the show at the censor board. They might not even understand the concept of the film they are censoring.
Posted via Mobile Device

PS: In the School Of Rock, they censored the word "MTV". How F***** up is that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Um..I guess it's because they didn't have the permission to, in India?

Top Bottom