Does the Indian censorship board think we're kids?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
^Hollywoods flicks are hardly getting any promotions in india. Buying Original VCD's, DVD's might be another issue due to their availability.

Not every Hollywood flick also get released in India.

Have you heard of the word 'piracy'?
LOL, I haven't been to a theater for the past 8 years, by the time I want to watch a Hollywood flick in a theater, its already taken off and replaced by some poong tang good for nothing movie!

d3p

PowerHouse
^ I don't feel you its necessary to inform "I haven't been to a theater for the past 8 years, coz of Piracy"

Its upto you, how you watch & what you watch. No one is SAINT here.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Even I did say you can download movies and watch but some movie are worth watching in theater. and these cuts just ruin it.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Yea whats the use of seeing movies like Hangover etc in the Indian theather if you know what i mean ;)

Tech&ME

Banned
Yes. India does seriously need NEW people in the censor board.

But this country is very diverse and too many religious people reside in this nation.

India needs a reform in the way movies / advertisements are classified.

1.. Adult only channels for TV with password enabled DTH service [ at present password can be implemented on per channel basis manually ]

2. Classification of movies based on the AGE of the viewer.

3. Classification of Violent and Adult scenes in different categories.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yes. India does seriously need NEW people in the censor board.

But this country is very diverse and too many religious people reside in this nation. [HIGHLY AGREEE]-This is the main reason.Of so many troubles here

India needs a reform in the way movies / advertisements are classified.

1.. Adult only channels for TV with password enabled DTH service [ at present password can be implemented on per channel basis manually ]

2. Classification of movies based on the AGE of the viewer.

3. Classification of Violent and Adult scenes in different categories.
[yes.But Movies like Fast 5 dont deserve an A.it should be like pg-14.

^^Adults & Parents need more education than Kids here.

Finally some sense.
Well i have a friend(16 years) He would disagree to this.Probably if he ever joint censor board.All words,All $^x scenes and everything would be deleted.
He just hates all those kinds of movies.

Most of the parents also think we are kids.
Offtopic:
Compare a 6 year old from india and a one from USA,Aus and other countries.
There are far more mature than 6 year old indians.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
i watched hangover 1 & 2 on blueray(thanks to TPB hehe) truly awesome then watched and HBO experience was totally different they squeezed out every fun from the movie if that movie had been aired in theaters it would have been totally
F.L.O.P

about the age thing offcourse they are far more mature at same age compared to indians and
in height also
18yr indian = 13-14 yr american or european.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Wtf? Even 2face from the batman was censored on the dth. We are shown kamasutra on tv but not hangover in theatres.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
isnt dictator by charlie chaplin?

Well..In fast and furious when they showed the middle finger it was completely blurred While when in hindi movies the actors showed middle finger it wasnt blurred.

R2K

In the Zone
I think people who do this doesn't even watch those movies before censoring. I think they just run the movie in the editing software and crop all those parts where one character does something even remotely close to $ex or automatically edit sound with a beep when obscene language comes up. They don't seem to understand that, sometimes these kinda crude language/ scenes are intentionally used to make the movie/ scenes appear more funny

Once I got to watch American pie on TV and they completed the movie in like 45 min. Yes you guessed it... they just removed half of the scenes and dialogues. And you know american pie series don't really comes with any serious story line. Only those specific funny scenes and dialogues were only thing that made the movie worth watching !! Everytime they trimmed the words like "f**k" i was literally saying it loud with " Seriously, WTF "

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Exactly in some channels they replace those scenes by ADS!! Seriously WTF!

We can show rape, but not 'Dirty Picture' on TV:Says Ekta

Those who were hoping to spend their Sunday watching The Dirty Picture on the small screen were hugely disappointed.

After cutting as many as 59 scenes from the film, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting decided against the telecast on a popular channel on Sunday. A source from Balaji Telefilms who followed the development closely reveals, "It's ridiculous for the ministry to overrule the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) decison to telecast the film with a U/A certificate. It's very upsetting, their stand is that we air the film after 10 pm, despite going ahead with the eight-and-a-half minute long cuts and making 36 voluntary and 26 compulsory cuts. We have received strong support from other members of the fraternity like Mahesh Bhatt who plan to take this issue up. It's a wrong precedent that the ministry is setting.

Also it's a paradox that they want to ban the same film which they gave three National awards." Producer Ekta Kapoor took to her microblogging account to vent her anger over the matter. She wrote, "We can show rape, an 8-year old's marriage to 40 year old, we can show reality/comedy shows with vulgar content but we can't show a liberal womans story who lived life on her own terms-truly this is our nations DIRTY PICTURE!" Film maker Pooja Bhatt who's making Jism 2 chimed in saying, "Not sure what the hue and cry about The Dirty Picture being denied an afternoon slot is about! I want nothing less than a 11 pm slot for Jism2! I am making an adult film and want a slot that caters to adults on TV. Why would I water my film down to suddenly cater to a family audience?"

Finally some sense.Many people expressed their anger over tweets

Top Bottom